IGNORED

Melissa Niednagel

DomWackTroll

She didn't get the point of the whole thing, did she? The other women are talking about strength, courage, hard work, etc. And she is talking about how hard it was to move to Sherwood Forrest with Fabulous Independently Wealthy Jordy and play dress up all day and about how pretty she is.

Plus she got to leave all the liberals and atheists behind in Massachusetts, and now her children will never, ever grow up to be gay.

Plus she got to leave all the liberals and atheists behind in Massachusetts, and now her children will never, ever grow up to be gay.

Well, we have something in common. She donated her hair, I donated a kidney.

Yes I win!

Yes I win!

You read that incorrectly. Troll SOLD her hair and donated SOME of the proceeds. Probably to Jordy's tights fund.

All the rest of the ladies actually do stuff. :angry-banghead:

Or at least some of them do. Lotta bleach-blond suburban housewives in that mix. Yeah, I was bored enough to read all of them. I ended up casting some votes even though I don't live anywhere near Springfield-- one lady is an activist for LGBT rights and another is supporting my favorite charity.

You read that incorrectly. Troll SOLD her hair and donated SOME of the proceeds. Probably to Jordy's tights fund.

I am giving her so much side-eye about selling her hair. I don't care about her making money but Jordon gave the impression she was cutting her hair for an organization like Locks of Love on their blog. I guess it's good she donated some of the proceeds :?

Edited to add the original caption from his blog:

It's all coming off, folks! Well, not all of it, but about 25 inches. Melissa is actually selling her hair. Yeah, people actually buy hair online. She'll be donating to a Christian Indian organization (no, not native american).

Is it just me or did it sound like she was planning to donate all the money?

And here I was *just* about to like these people.

Should we form a voting bloc for a couple of these to lessen MEElissa's chances?

I'm too impatient to read her blocks of drivel. Srsly, she sold her cut hair? Dayum. That's why the rich stay rich. There's no charity there, just show.

ETA: ohhhhhh I did it, I read some more.

"our Masquerade Ball. I kind of missed these opportunities I had in New England where historic homes and events abound. I was glad to bring that kind of culture to our area, teaching men young men to be gentlemen, teaching woman how to be ladies, and creating a space to enjoy the art of historic dancing in a family friendly event."

Historic homes and events abound in the Ozarks, Melissnob. If you'd pull your head out of your wealth you'd see. What can I expect from the helpmeet if the man who figured the St. Louis Zoo would be a dump BECAUSE IT'S FREE.

Yes I win!

But she did not exactly donate her hair, as many women do. She *sold* her hair, and then donated "a portion" of the proceeds to a charity of her choice. You still win.

But she did not exactly donate her hair, as many women do. She *sold* her hair, and then donated "a portion" of the proceeds to a charity of her choice. You still win.

Yes, I suppose |I do. I never made a big deal of it and I certainly will never commend myself as beautiful on the inside nor on the outside, because I am not. I did what every parent would do and I am just an overweight, grey, cripple 66 year old.

I am with mjb. Let's go vote en masse. For whom, please?

Please don't vote for anyone who supports Pregnancy Care Center. They are anti-abortion.

Kelly Johnson looks to be a good choice. Supports the lgbt community, women's rights, people with disabilities, human rights, and naacp.

I am with mjb. Let's go vote en masse. For whom, please?

I voted for Kelly Johnson and Darby Brownfield, fwiw. I think you can vote for ten but those were the two that most stuck out to me (omg, why am I spending my evenings trying to influence a poll for a local magazine in a place where I don't live??)

I voted for Kelly Johnson and Darby Brownfield, fwiw. I think you can vote for ten but those were the two that most stuck out to me (omg, why am I spending my evenings trying to influence a poll for a local magazine in a place where I don't live??)

Because - God bless you!!! - every vote against their stupidity is a cyber-moment well spent!

Does Melissnob mention that her also-wealthy daddy and insanely grinning mommy and their three stay-at-home chidults closed up that 2,000-mile gap right quickly by moving a coue hundred miles away to Oklahoma ?

I Ask because I really can't stand to read anymore than I already have. The smug self-entitlement works on me like stench from a well-used outhouse in a clearing on a hot & humid southwestern Missouri day.

Also, you didn't ask for recognition, latraviata, but you're light years more beautiful than any of the 417 contenders & a person doesn't need a photo to know that.

I voted for a whole bunch, but I encourage votes for Nikki Love-Atkins.

She is a yoga teacher with a stripper name. How awesome is that?

Because - God bless you!!! - every vote against their stupidity is a cyber-moment well spent!

Does Melissnob mention that her also-wealthy daddy and insanely grinning mommy and their three stay-at-home chidults closed up that 2,000-mile gap right quickly by moving a coue hundred miles away to Oklahoma ?

I Ask because I really can't stand to read anymore than I already have. The smug self-entitlement works on me like stench from a well-used outhouse in a clearing on a hot & humid southwestern Missouri day.

Also, you didn't ask for recognition, latraviata, but you're light years more beautiful than any of the 417 contenders & a person doesn't need a photo to know that.

Too much honour Mamajunebug, but thank you!

BTW, Melissnob, it's 1410 miles from Boston to Springfield, not 2000. Oh, Willy, Philly & Marian, I hope your mumsie farms out your geography lessons!!!

I really hope that a few of those women are related, because otherwise I am scared of how small the 417 gene pool might be.

What the blue hell is a 'brain type?'

It's her father in law's perversion of Myers-Briggs personality typing* for professional athletes. He's been alarmingly successful with it. Was it mentioned in her painfully long entry? I did a quick CTRL+F and didn't see it.

*I say that as a person who thinks there is some validity to the MBTI, though of course not everyone does. Pronouncing your two year old an ENFP gymnast because she escaped from her high chair is :cray-cray: imo.

I voted for a whole bunch, but I encourage votes for Nikki Love-Atkins.

She is a yoga teacher with a stripper name. How awesome is that?

I like her, too! I love that she supports a good, legitimate charity-the American Heart Association. She isn't another blonde fembot right out the GOP playbook (her hair appears to be reddish). Her smile is warm and genuine. I love that she teaches yoga and dresses in a chill but stylish manner. She's cool.

Laura Provance's business Arts and Letters sounds like my kind of place and she supports Friends of the Library. She's one cool dame!

http://www.417mag.com/10-Most-Beautiful ... -Provance/

I also like Kelly Johnson for many of the reasons stated. But on a shallow note, I also love her retro open-toed pump and that she mentioned a film based on her life would be called "Eternal Sunshine of the Scattered Mind." She seems snarky and fun. I want to share a bottle of wine with her.

http://www.417mag.com/10-Most-Beautiful ... y-Johnson/

I adore the fact that Darby Brownfield supports NAMI, which focuses on mental health issues and is also very well-respected. Plus, she once worked as an iron worker and now runs a fitness studio. And yes, I like her shoes.

http://www.417mag.com/10-Most-Beautiful ... rownfield/

Abby Akin rocks the short hair and supports good charities on behalf of MS and Alzheimer's research. She also talks about being a nervous wreck a lot of time time. I can relate, and I totally appreciate her honesty.

http://www.417mag.com/10-Most-Beautiful-2015/Abby-Akin/

Melissa Niednagel has all the depth of a Jimmy Choo in-step. Ugh.

• 3 months later...

Yeah, according to 417 Magazine, which I picked up on a recent trip through the Ozarks. Ick.

www.417mag.com/417-Magazine/September-2 ... e=6#artanc

I looked without success for a previous discussion we had of how the lovely Meliss (tm Jordan) was a contestant amidst women who actually, y'know, are in the community doing good for more than just their wealthy families. How she has no idea of geography (writing about how hard it is to be 2,000 miles from her family .... she moved to Mo. from Boston, MA .... and before long her family moved to Oklahoma City ..... )

IIRC some of us tried to stuff the ballot box for others, but at least Meliss didn't get THE most beautiful, etc.

Other snarks, because that bunch is just so deserving of it:

Meliss cut her hair and sold it and gave the money to Japha House for refugees from the sex-slave trade .... ALL of the money? I thought Jordan acknowledged earlier that she donated PART of it. Doesn't matter.

She's one of the less-terribly styled of the 10 Most Beautiful Women ...

Jordan's monthly video of fun and sun on the water (because the good life means you're a trust fund baby) sure has a lot of footage of the young men. Ah, DomWackTroll, your snark on JN's stuff is vague in my failing memory, but I do recall it was excellent.

I don't hate the Niedblowhards. They're just such a treasure trove of .... y'know, that.

Archived