IGNORED

In which Robert makes me vomit in my mouth

jerkit

Everything is sexy about a latke.

Gah, I love taters.

Let's not forget to put out the Mensch on the Bench! themenschonabench.com/shop/

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's not forget to put out the Mensch on the Bench! themenschonabench.com/shop/

that is absolutely adorable

Robert, Amanda only has sex with you because you have brainwashed her into thinking that she must have sex with you, and must pretend to enjoy it. If you have to tell Amanda to have sex with you often and enjoy it, she obviously doesn't enjoy it, and youre probably crap in bed. I imagine you last 2 seconds, then roll over and sleep while she is left unsatisfied. You take all the fun out of sex.

Hey hey hey-- I read this and not only does she "want for nothing" he picks her flowers, damn it, and writes her sweat notes....

You remember those boys in school who obsessed about sex and talked about it nonstop, but everyone knew they weren't really gettin' any? Yeah. That's what I'm reminded of when L. Ron makes these posts.

Also, he and Ken and most fundies need some serious priestly intervention. They've made such an idol out of sex that they're comfortable posting private, intimate details for the world to see (or dry humping on mini golf courses on camera) and actually think it's okay.

The sexy dreidel made me chuckle. The sexy latka made me laugh. The Mensch on the Bench had me snorting tea out of my nose! Seriously? :cracking-up:

Overheard in Costco last Saturday:

Mom 1: some overloaded Xmas mom comment I forget.

Mom 2, very sanctimoniously: When you say things like that an elf kills a baby reindeer!

Mom 1: (Paraphrase) Well that is sad. But if you want to say that every time I say I (expletive) hate Christmas a baby reindeer murders an (expletive) Elf on the Shelf I'll say it again and again and again. Why the (expletive) I ever started it I don't (expletive) know!

I high-fived Mom 1 and laughed myself away. :lol:

Oh, and dear Robert is only posting this crap for the clicks. He is both boring and disgusting.

Sexy dreidel is too easy. Come back to me when you rise to the challenge of Sexy Latke.

Victoria's Secret should really come out with a Sufganiyot bra. Scrumptious, indulgent and mildly X-rated.

sufganiyot.jpg

I think I'm gonna lose my supper. CM, nobody cares about your sex fantasies.

Hey hey hey-- I read this and not only does she "want for nothing" he picks her flowers, damn it, and writes her sweat notes....

Sweat notes?? Now I've heard everything! Lol.

amanhiswifethebible.wordpress.com/2014/11/07/keeping-aim/

But also, as the saying goes whether in sports or battle- the best defense is a good offense.

NOPE.

Sorry, Assbert. The phrase is, "The best OFFENSE is a good DEFENSE."

Also, please start getting Amanda to edit your posts. The poor grammar makes me a sad panda.

EDIT: Just realized this was a related post, not the next post he wrote (was navigating from the post level). Thought I was commenting on a new-ish post. Derp. :shifty:

yes, but you must dress as a sexy dreidel

Sexy, sexy dreidel,

Your hot stuff on display.

And when you're good and ready,

With sexy dreidel will I play.

:nanner-sex:

(As a side note, we have a serious lack of sexy smilies.)

What I find fascinating is how the fundies boil sex down to a monetary transaction... I pay your way thorough life and in return, you obey me in every area and have sex with me and like it...

I hope people like CM and Ken love their wives, but their self descriptions don't portray their lives as loving. Ken's constant reference to "boss/employee" (and always a low level employee) reflects this and CM saying "She wants for nothing, so she'd better put on her stripper clothes for me..."

That said, I see nothing wrong with a little dress up from time to time-- but when done well, it is a turn on for both participants.

Sex at xmas is all fine and good. Sex "for" christmas comes across, yet again, as something CM's wife doesn't enjoy but does for him in return for "lacking nothing."

If that is the case, what a miserable existance. If it is not, why keep describing life that way?

Victoria's Secret should really come out with a Sufganiyot bra. Scrumptious, indulgent and mildly X-rated.

sufganiyot.jpg

Oh man, I WANT one of those doughnuts!

Oh yeah and Robert? Christmas is supposed to be a holiday for Amanda as well as you, you selfish wanker! Let her have a night off!

Oh man, I WANT one of those doughnuts!

Oh yeah and Robert? Christmas is supposed to be a holiday for Amanda as well as you, you selfish wanker! Let her have a night off!

Nope. Amanda can enjoy Christmas when it falls on a Sunday, since that's when he does the dishes. If that happens to be on the "off" night - since he's a 48 hour kind of guy, ya know - then it will indeed by a Merry Christmas for his poor wife.

Robert likes to label his blog as one for men and women, but mostly one in which he teaches men how to love their wives and live Biblically, right? So, I'm wondering why he can't come up with a list of nice gifts/gestures to do for a wife on Christmas. THAT would be truly sacrificial and thoughtful. Saying "eh...I stink at gift giving," is a cop out. If he truly thinks Amanda deserves a lovely gift or two, he'd find a way to be creative and generous.

Really, Robbie? You can't think of a single thing that your wife would like? Just completely out of creativity? Well, that's okay, because she's GOT A PINTEREST, GENIUS.

That's right. Go over and LOOK at her pins and maybe, just maybe you'll be able to determine a couple things your wife would like for Christmas.

But if all of that sounds just too boring, or if it pisses you off to take advice from your wife even in such an indirect fashion (and I know it does), a nice new church dress from Shabby Apple would probably tickle her pink. Modest, reasonably priced, and still fashionable and cute. Make sure and get something machine washable so it can become an everyday dress once it's not nice enough for church anymore- as I'm sure you've noticed, life on a farm and dry-clean only just don't mix.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Of course Bob sucks at gift giving- being good at it requires you to give a single fuck about ANYONE besides yourself, and we know that is Just Too Hard.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I've never even met Amanda and I could think of a few lovely gifts for her. I'd go into the nearby scrapbook shops and put together a little gift basket of papers and embellishments. Add a nice coffee mug and some festive coffee for it and...happy wife.

I recognized the sweater that she was wearing in the photo he posted. A quick trip to that store to pick up a new sweater in her size - with a matching scarf and...a personal gift.

A gift card to the local coffee shop with a book of devotionals or homeschool ideas, for those days he lets her out of the house.

Organizational baskets and bins filled with school supplies.

Cookbooks.

A lovely hair clip.

A picture frame filled with photos of her children.

Lands End slippers. Oh how I love mine!!

New pajamas.

A nice hand lotion set like Mary Kay Satin Hands. Do they still make tha :?

I'm torn between letting Robert read this so Amanda gets a decent gift and allowing him to be the clod he is and continue being terrible at gift giving

My husband is not the best of thinking of ideas for gifts but with the internet, there is really no excuse for men to cop out. I send him links to things I really like and he's actually very grateful for the ideas. I'm sure he shops from his desk at work but he does wrap my gifts very nicely and I always get things I love. And there's a little surprise involved sine I'll send him six or seven ideas and we usually buy three or four things for each other.

I can think of something that would make her Christmas. A divorce.

Robert's most recent post. I wonder why he decided to write a post about FEELINGS. :?

I also wonder why it sounds so argumentative; like he's continuing a discussion with some invisible player we all can't see and hear.

Also, I have no idea what he's saying.

Husbands, Lay Down Your Life…

Alright, you know by now that I like consider myself I tough guy. And I speak a lot about leading your family (wife), mostly because I see it in short supply. In general it seems men have been trained to be a little too touchy feely and wishy washy, so I often speak of living boldly as christian men within scriptural bounds.

And the tough guy in me doesn’t like to get too mushy. At least not in public.

In general I think folks are too concerned about “feelings.†I don’t want to add to that.

I also believe that the main message given to christian men these days is appease their wife’s feelings. That message has gone way too far and I don’t want to ad to that.

So in what I believe is a scripturally accurate message still, I tend to error on giving the flip side of the coin message.

But I hope it is always clear that we are to be sacrificial leaders. That we are to lay down our life for our wife. That as head of our household’s it is not about us, but about Christ and our wives & children. We don’t lead to get our way, but God’s way. Unlike others, I won’t tell you that you are wrong if your way lines up with God’s way when it does- but you had better be danged sure. And we better be serving, encouraging, patient and loving along the way.

Feelings aren’t the end all be all, but neither are to trample them unmercifully or without thought. We are to cherish and love.

And I’m with you…it’s confusing sometimes what that looks like and plays out like in this messy thing called life in the day to day. But may it be said of us that they know we are christian not just because we lead our family but because of the way we treat our family.

Here are ten examples of how to do that this week that I’ll be practicing right beside you:

10. Hug & kiss your wife and kids, a lot.

9. Tell them you love them, often.

8. Smile at them the majority of the time.

7. Be patient no matter how tired, frustrated or stressed you are.

6. Ask for forgiveness when you screw up.

5. Grant forgiveness when they screw up.

4. Tell them you are thankful for them.

3. Keep your promises to them, big or small.

2. Help them in an unexpected way.

1. Make extra time as much as possible and be present during that time

amanhiswifethebible.wordpress.com/2014/12/06/husbands-lay-down-your-life/

I don't see anything wrong with Robert's list (boy he sure loves his lists, though, doesn't he?) but, again, aren't these things that decent spouses just DO for one another.

I know you cannot teach empathy, but that, in my opinion, is where Robert and Ken & Lori are lacking. That's why they just don't get it about these horrible FEELINGS.

I think it really helps, when someone is plagued by these awful feelings, to validate them in some way before actually seeking a solution. A sincere "I can really see why you're feeling this way," or "you have every right to be angry," goes a long way in making a person feel heard. Knowing that someone "gets it" often gives them a little nudge to start seeking a solution.

People like Robert and Ken & Lori have no desire to see someone else's viewpoint. If THEY aren't feeling bad about something, if THEY aren't exhausted, they can't comprehend that somebody else could be.

I have no idea what Robert means when he talks about "appeasing" a wife's feelings, but to me he means wives should not be allowed to cry, feel lonely or overwhelmed and express their emotions to the one who is supposed to love them more than anything besides Jesus. Can you imagine Lori's kids growing up and being told "you can't let FEELINGS dictate your behavior....SNAP OUT OF IT!"

I am really gobsmacked at the energy these people spend speaking out against this kind of thing. It's like they have started a campaign against compassion.

You CAN teach empathy. It's not perfect when it has to be taught but it still works. It's one of the major therapy goals for one of my Asperger's children, something said child invests hours and hours learning so said child will function better in society.

You CAN teach empathy. It's not perfect when it has to be taught but it still works. It's one of the major therapy goals for one of my Asperger's children, something said child invests hours and hours learning so said child will function better in society.

I agree, actually. My husband has come a long way in the empathy department after a marriage class we attended. My statement was too definitive and I appreciate you pointing that out. It can be taught but it is hard and, in my case, still leaves a little doubt that makes me wonder "Does he mean that or is he following a script?" Still, sometimes that "script" is a good start.

I should have written "these fundies seem unable to learn empathy."

I don't see anything wrong with Robert's list (boy he sure loves his lists, though, doesn't he?) but, again, aren't these things that decent spouses just DO for one another.

I know you cannot teach empathy, but that, in my opinion, is where Robert and Ken & Lori are lacking. That's why they just don't get it about these horrible FEELINGS.

I think it really helps, when someone is plagued by these awful feelings, to validate them in some way before actually seeking a solution. A sincere "I can really see why you're feeling this way," or "you have every right to be angry," goes a long way in making a person feel heard. Knowing that someone "gets it" often gives them a little nudge to start seeking a solution.

People like Robert and Ken & Lori have no desire to see someone else's viewpoint. If THEY aren't feeling bad about something, if THEY aren't exhausted, they can't comprehend that somebody else could be.

I have no idea what Robert means when he talks about "appeasing" a wife's feelings, but to me he means wives should not be allowed to cry, feel lonely or overwhelmed and express their emotions to the one who is supposed to love them more than anything besides Jesus. Can you imagine Lori's kids growing up and being told "you can't let FEELINGS dictate your behavior....SNAP OUT OF IT!"

I am really gobsmacked at the energy these people spend speaking out against this kind of thing. It's like they have started a campaign against compassion.

This was my family growing up, and my sibling and I still struggle to even name our emotions accurately because we are so used to silencing and ignoring them. Allowing your emotions to erupt and swallow everything in their path isn't healthy, but neither is silencing and stuffing them healthy. There is a place of balance; namely, identify the emotion, acknowledge it and work through it/address it.

Robert's most recent post. I wonder why he decided to write a post about FEELINGS. :?

I also wonder why it sounds so argumentative; like he's continuing a discussion with some invisible player we all can't see and hear.

I love Robert's first line of that. Just because he considers himself a tough guy doesn't mean he is...

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I think this post might be related to a deleted comment by a certain "Mike" under the Christmas post. Mike's original comment was telling Becca that her husband was in the wrong for not spending more time with his family and valuing them.

Um....what....?

Mike

— December 5, 2014 at 5:38 pm

Mike- I edited/deleted your whole comment. Even if you had some truth hidden in it, and you did, it was said in a way that would lead a woman to disrespect her husband and tickle her ears. It was not beneficial to her. There are ways to say what needs to be said in a way that will not lead a woman astray. God bless- Robert

I always love a good mystery and have worked in the mental health field, so Robert really fascinates me. It's like I get to decipher a riddle AND analyze an emotionally disturbed individual all at the same time.

Does his above quote mean that somebody said something like "Yes, your husband should find more time for you and you have every reason to feel a little rejected?"

These people seem unable to comprehend that there is a vast range of scenarios between completely trampling on a woman's feelings and letting a woman "live in anarchy." I guess, in Robert's world, if a man shows empathy he's letting the woman disrespect him and call all the shots. Also in Robert's world (which is becoming more and more like Lori's world) anybody who doesn't kiss his ring and agree with him gets deleted. Notice we haven't heard from Bill/Charlie (was that his name?) in a while?

I fell kind of stupid for wanting to give Robert the benefit of the doubt on occasion. I actually thought he had a gentler approach than Lori. Lesson learned.

Archived