IGNORED

Tell all book

CT tech

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Amy could make quite a bit of money if she strikes when the iron is hot.

Yup. Come on Famy, don't fail us now!

A crew member who is at retirement age, and can do it anonymously, would have ALL the dirt....

Now that the skeletons have started flying out of the Duggar closet, how much longer do you

think we'll have to wait for a tell-all book? And who will be writing it? The kids? The former film crew?

I can easily see Jessa and Ben writing a book in a year or so about how they survived this experience and how it made them stronger blah blah blah and adding at the end that they'd still like to do a reality show. Those two really seemed to enjoy the limelight, the money and adoration, I don't see them shrinking away quietly. Bonus points if Ben can tie a book in to start his ministry.

A crew member who is at retirement age, and can do it anonymously, would have ALL the dirt....

Not even after retirement. Those NDA are punitive if broken. It isn't just about current or future employment/wages, there are usualy stipulations for fines/damages (in the millions) should one reveal information.

I know this from a family member's minor participation in reality television-- family members needed to sign NDA with heavy penalties before he could even begin the process.

Not even after retirement. Those NDA are punitive if broken. It isn't just about current or future employment/wages, there are usualy stipulations for fines/damages (in the millions) should one reveal information.

I know this from a family member's minor participation in reality television-- family members needed to sign NDA with heavy penalties before he could even begin the process.

Damn it - what a shame! I was hoping 'Mr Jim" or one of the others would be able to break ranks and make a few bob....

I'd actually have some respect for Amy if she had the guts to write a tell-all book; even if her interests are purely financial.

I'd pay to read one written by anyone who's truly an insider. I'm tired of articles that quote "anonymous sources" who are "close to the family", and use FJ gleanings for the rest.

Damn it - what a shame! I was hoping 'Mr Jim" or one of the others would be able to break ranks and make a few bob....

I can easily see Jessa and Ben writing a book in a year or so about how they survived this experience and how it made them stronger blah blah blah and adding at the end that they'd still like to do a reality show. Those two really seemed to enjoy the limelight, the money and adoration, I don't see them shrinking away quietly. Bonus points if Ben can tie a book in to start his ministry.

I can see them giving it a shot, but by the time its finished I can't see much interest in some boring book written by two brainwashed half-wits who were barely prime-time players.

The only book that has a shot is the first tell-all by the first kid who truly breaks out and has nothing much to lose. It won't be an older kid, and probably won't be one of the youngest.

I know it's usually girls that write the no-more-wire-hangers Mommy-Dearest type books, but my money has been on James since the 17 Kids days. Jill was the only real parent he ever had and if she never returns to Arkansas the odds get better.

If one of the kids wrote the tell-all book in a few years, do you think any of the kool-aid kids would read it? Like, say Joy wrote a book when she left or got married, do you think Jill, assuming she was still drunk on the Quiverfull lifestyle, would read it just to see what Joy had to say about her? Or do you think Derrick would forbid her? Or that she would just consider her sister an apostate and not even touch it? (Does anyone else besides the mormons use the phrase apostate?)

Obviously JB and Michelle would never let such filth in their house and probably would have denounced that kid long ago, but what about the kids who were married?

While I would be interested in a Duggar tell all, I just fell into a three evening long former ATI/IBLP blogger binge and there is more than enough stuff out there to get a good sense for what is/was really going on in the cult.

My sense is it will take years for anyone who does leave to make sense of it all in a coherent enough way to make a book we'd want to read. As others have said interest will be gone by then.

It's too bad b/c I'd love for people to read these former member's experiences. It's truly horrible that TLC put these people on TV shrouding the reality of their deep involvement in what is a dangerous (if not physically, mentally) cult.

It would have been better for someone (obviously TLC wouldn't do it) to do an expose focused on ATI/IBPL vs. just sexual abuse. You'd certainly have to discuss sexual abuse/molestation in the context of the ATI/IBLP organization anyway.

I'd love to see a Si-and-Joy collaboration on it. They remember both lives: the pre-TLC days of poverty, frumpers and blanket training and the days of the show. Joy can dish about having her Tomboyish tendencies crushed as she became a teenager because it was time to 'act her Jender' and Si can talk about being shipped off to ALERT to be reprogrammed and then sent into a courtship for ratings before the show cancelled.

Although.....I'm starting to think Jessa could be a realistic chance.

Homegirl is PISSED OFF at Joshley for killing her birth special/subsequent TV attention for having a little Seeweed blessing AND her and her husband love money and notoriety. If a publishing house is offering a blank cheque to write it, and she'd get TONS of attention doing it....wouldn't be surprised to see her jump at it.

(Does anyone else besides the mormons use the phrase apostate?)

I believe the JWs do.

If one of the kids wrote the tell-all book in a few years, do you think any of the kool-aid kids would read it? Like, say Joy wrote a book when she left or got married, do you think Jill, assuming she was still drunk on the Quiverfull lifestyle, would read it just to see what Joy had to say about her? Or do you think Derrick would forbid her? Or that she would just consider her sister an apostate and not even touch it? (Does anyone else besides the mormons use the phrase apostate?)

Obviously JB and Michelle would never let such filth in their house and probably would have denounced that kid long ago, but what about the kids who were married?

I don't see Derick as forbidding Jill from doing anything. He might be drinking the fundie kool-aid, but I don't think he's going to be a controlling ass.

Although.....I'm starting to think Jessa could be a realistic chance.

Homegirl is PISSED OFF at Joshley for killing her birth special/subsequent TV attention for having a little Seeweed blessing AND her and her husband love money and notoriety. If a publishing house is offering a blank cheque to write it, and she'd get TONS of attention doing it....wouldn't be surprised to see her jump at it.

I honestly think hers book will be more like an angry letter you write but don't send. Just angry, disorganized and probably won't see the light of day. Shes not particularly charismatic or tactful so her sales would reflect that. I think if we do see one it'll be a collab from the runners or someone forced out.

I could very easily see one of the kids blogging it and croudfunding a book like Cynthia Jeub. Her story is so amazing and really gives insight. I could also see one of the kids being forced out similar to her (Josiah). The only real problem is that I don't think any of the Duggarlings are articulate enough on their own to actually write a best seller. Tell-all or not.

While I would be interested in a Duggar tell all, I just fell into a three evening long former ATI/IBLP blogger binge and there is more than enough stuff out there to get a good sense for what is/was really going on in the cult.

My sense is it will take years for anyone who does leave to make sense of it all in a coherent enough way to make a book we'd want to read. As others have said interest will be gone by then.

It's too bad b/c I'd love for people to read these former member's experiences. It's truly horrible that TLC put these people on TV shrouding the reality of their deep involvement in what is a dangerous (if not physically, mentally) cult.

It would have been better for someone (obviously TLC wouldn't do it) to do an expose focused on ATI/IBPL vs. just sexual abuse. You'd certainly have to discuss sexual abuse/molestation in the context of the ATI/IBLP organization anyway.

I think that if a Duggar child broke ranks and wrote a tell all, there would be a surge of interest in the Duggars. Even people who have never watched the show will read that book.

I honestly think hers book will be more like an angry letter you write but don't send. Just angry, disorganized and probably won't see the light of day. Shes not particularly charismatic or tactful so her sales would reflect that. I think if we do see one it'll be a collab from the runners or someone forced out.

I could very easily see one of the kids blogging it and croudfunding a book like Cynthia Jeub. Her story is so amazing and really gives insight. I could also see one of the kids being forced out similar to her (Josiah). The only real problem is that I don't think any of the Duggarlings are articulate enough on their own to actually write a best seller. Tell-all or not.

I don't think their homeschool education makes them smart enough to write a bestseller, but I'm sure that a good ghostwriter could help them.

I think that if a Duggar child broke ranks and wrote a tell all, there would be a surge of interest in the Duggars. Even people who have never watched the show will read that book.

I'm sure a book by a Duggar would be "more popular" and that Duggar would get more wealthy than a "run of the mill" ATIer.

What I am saying is I think the better (truer?) story is about a family that didn't have a reality show or is about how the Directors (Dr. Paine, Gil Bates) become directors and what kind of men they are. I suspect things at the TTH are a bit off from "normal" b/c of the show and b/c JimBob is a DimBulb. I can read about the reality of "reality" TV elsewhere.

I would read a tell all by any of the Duggars, by any extended relative of the Duggars, by any of the TV crew that worked with the Duggars and probably one from their mailman.

Someone just right a tell all for frick's sake! It's been three days with no update on Joshly and I'm going nuts here!!

A major publishing house would be able to offer them a ghostwriter or three who'd be able to take their stories and write them up into a book for them. It's how most autobiographies are written, so I don't think the Duggarlings SOTDRT education is a hinderance to someone 'writing' a tell all.

Most of my friends would read that book and none of them are as obsessed with the Duggars in a 'trainwreck' way as I am.

A major publishing house would be able to offer them a ghostwriter or three who'd be able to take their stories and write them up into a book for them. It's how most autobiographies are written, so I don't think the Duggarlings SOTDRT education is a hinderance to someone 'writing' a tell all.

Yeah isn't how the girls wrote their growing up duggar book?

who do think would write the book ?

Amy's new husband. Seriously. I don't think the marriage will last and he will be giving interviews someday soon. If not him, Amy will after Grandma Duggar passes.

Archived