IGNORED

Tell all book

CT tech

Somewhere, somehow, someone is going to write a tell-all about this family. The temptation will be too strong not to. In the end, I bet one of the media is going to lure someone from in/around that family to dish the goods. Maybe a family that knows the Duggars will leave ATI on bad terms and throw them under the bus. Maybe one of the crew members will feel jilted, or feel such duty to the kids that they feel it is better to dish the goods than leave things unsaid. Maybe one of the kids will find a way to leave. But I can't see nothing being revealed forever. That's just wholly unlikely.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it will be one of the kids that write the book. It will be something close. I don't think it will be Amy. I don't think she agrees with their beliefs but I do believe she truly loves them. I don't see a crew member writing one either, they probably have air tight contracts that would keep a book from being written until so far after the show that it wouldn't do well.

Now who do I see writing the tell-all? The in laws are the ones I think who will do it. Not Derick or Ben or any future spouse but their parents or siblings. I don't think Michael or Dan disapprove of Jessa or Jill but at some point one of them might attempt something like a tell-all to get Ben or Derick out of the circus. You know they have both seen more craziness than we can even fathom and at some point one of them or a future in-law is going to pull something to get their loved one out of that cult.

I think one of the Lost Girls will write the tell-all. Johannah, Jordyn or Jennifer. Maybe even Miracle Josie will surprise us.

I agree. They will also probably need the money more than the older ones later on. JB can't sustain giving out jobs to male courters or free houses to live in and the older kids will always be in people's memories more than the younger ones, except maybe Josie.

Maybe someone already has diaries out of the trash, just waiting for the right moment. :lol: :cracking-up:

Are the kids allowed to keep diaries? There was a lot of suspicion of anything resembling that when I taught in Christian school.

If you went to school in the last two decades, you were probably asked at some point to do a writer's journal or reader's response journal in an English class. I was not allowed to have my students do such writing at the Christian school--even if I agreed not to read any of it without the student's explicit permission. Writing down thoughts, opinions and feelings was not okay nor was documenting personal experiences. It was considered a way to avoid giving things over to God. Personal responses or opinions about what they read were considered potentially harmful as they might think it okay to question or have differing opinions about the Bible, sermons, or other religious teaching, too.

I think it's an established fact (correct me if I'm wrong but I think they mentioned it themselves in one of their books) that quite a few years ago a fan (a teenaged girl) stayed at their house, stole Jinger's diary and then tried to auction it on eBay.

Are the kids allowed to keep diaries? There was a lot of suspicion of anything resembling that when I taught in Christian school.

If you went to school in the last two decades, you were probably asked at some point to do a writer's journal or reader's response journal in an English class. I was not allowed to have my students do such writing at the Christian school--even if I agreed not to read any of it without the student's explicit permission. Writing down thoughts, opinions and feelings was not okay nor was documenting personal experiences. It was considered a way to avoid giving things over to God. Personal responses or opinions about what they read were considered potentially harmful as they might think it okay to question or have differing opinions about the Bible, sermons, or other religious teaching, too.

So the school didn't believe in Spiritual discernment?

I think it's an established fact (correct me if I'm wrong but I think they mentioned it themselves in one of their books) that quite a few years ago a fan (a teenaged girl) stayed at their house, stole Jinger's diary and then tried to auction it on eBay.

I doubt Jinger's diary would have anything decent in it anyway, considering her whole family can read it any time.

That happened. I read it while paying through one of their books at the library. I thought it was a horrifying story.

They did manage to get the girl to give the diary back, and they've stated that it's one of the reasons they now have a guest house and are more careful about who they allow to stay overnight with them.

Which I kinda can't blame them, actually.

Who invites strangers into their home?

And who steals a diary? That's so rude and uncalled for. Shame on them.

I bet JimChelle used that as a lesson to explain how the world is evil

I wonder if they banned diaries after that? And if not, do Boob and Meechelle read them frequently?

I bet they did before Jinger's diary was stolen. Jimbob and Michelle have said that their children are not allowed to keep secrets from them, so I imagine that they would have to turn them over for their parents to read and then pray with them about judge and shame them on the contents of. Unless it was a secret one she didn't tell her parents about....then she would probably have had her parents read it when she got it back, shaming for any secrets or confessed sins, then it taken away.

It's hard for me to imagine a Duggar kid writing a tell-all. I don't think it will happen unless one of them becomes isolated and cut off for something else first and REALLY needs the money. They all have such a codependent team mentality...even if some of them are unhappy, they have all been raised to be fiercely protective of their family's privacy for the sake of their own safety and wellbeing. The Jinger diary example goes to show how careful they have to be.

I think it's lower stakes when someone like Cynthia Jeub writes a tell all, though of course I still really admire her for it. The Duggars have literally millions of people who know where they live and do creepy things like try to find them at the grocery store or mail in "applications" to court their kids. I just can't see any of them feeling OK with giving up even more private details of their siblings' lives.

Unless maybe it's waaaay in the future and people have had enough time to really forget about them, like 10+ years. Honestly, I think in their situation, a tell all book would be pretty exploitative of whoever the mole was, anyway, and it'd make me worry about whoever was involved if it got to that point. As much as I'd like to read it...

Can someone fill me in on this breakdown that J'chelle apparently had? I never heard about this before. :happy-cheerleaderkid:

She talks about it in a book. Back when she had 7(?) kids, she was doing the laundry one day and just broke down crying. But then she got help from a friend and came up with the buddy system and it's been "smooth sailing" since then.

• 8 months later...

Now that the skeletons have started flying out of the Duggar closet, how much longer do you

think we'll have to wait for a tell-all book? And who will be writing it? The kids? The former film crew?

Now that the skeletons have started flying out of the Duggar closet, how much longer do you

think we'll have to wait for a tell-all book? And who will be writing it? The kids? The former film crew?

Anna or Josh, I think, are the most likely at this point. But, I still don't think it's going to happen any time in the near future. I think it'll be at least 2 or 3 years before we hear anything.

I have a strong feeling the cast and crew for all the Duggar shows/specials are under strict NDAs. I feel like we would have heard something from someone if they were able to talk about it, even an anonymous source.

Eta: I can see Famy shopping a book around after her wedding is barely mentioned and she falls back into obscurity.

I have a strong feeling the cast and crew for all the Duggar shows/specials are under strict NDAs. I feel like we would have heard something from someone if they were able to talk about it, even an anonymous source.

I agree. I have a couple friends who are in the film industry and have worked on reality shows, and while I'm sure some members of the Duggar's crew have told people close to them about the ridiculous stuff they've seen, there is absolutely no way they would be able to talk about that stuff in any public forum. That would be a major career killer. Especially since a lot of the crew seem to work on other TLC shows.

I think that there are strict NDAs in place for the cast and crew. Even if someone wanted to spill, I suspect the penalties would far surpass any benefit.

I do think there will be a tell-all eventually. My bet is that it will be one of the kids. Not sure from whom but with 19 of them, I'd say the odds are good it will be at least 1.

JB and J'chelle's large family contributed to their fame and their brand when it was good. Now that their brand is shot and their reputation in tatters, that same large family could be a liability as time goes on. JB cannot control all of them. He thought he could just considering how Josh turned out, well, think again.

Eta: I can see Famy shopping a book around after her wedding is barely mentioned and she falls back into obscurity.

I also can see Famy writing a tell all book after she falls into obscurity, or at least one of the kids in a few years. I seriously doubt any of the crew members would write a book, because of the NDA's they're probably under, since they wouldn't want to risk their careers or other consequences. The NDA's have kept people from going to the tabloids with what they've seen, which could have happened once the show was officially cancelled.

I feel like Josh or Amy are the most likely. Josh because I think that the more his family starts to through him under the bus the more he'll want to do it back. And Amy because she is the most connected to the outside world and therefore the one most likely to realize that doing so would do well for her.

Hopefully someone writing a tell all book will pave the way for other siblings to do so. Like with Jana, I don't see her making some big f-u to her family but I can maybe see her quietly leaving if other siblings have already.

Archived