IGNORED

Tell all book

CT tech

Not sure what topic ha should go under. If any of the adult children wanted to leave but was worried about money all they would have to do is write a book. I'd pay full price for the real Duggar story.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would hope it would be one of the older kids - preferably one of the J'Slaves (GO JANA GO!) getting their comeuppance at their parents. I feel like they'd have the most insight to life before TLC - and that's gonna be the interesting part.

However, if anyone is going to do it, I think it's gonna be one of the younger kids trying to squeeze a buck out of their name once the show is cancelled and all the funds dry up and they're forced to go back to obscurity.

I root for Joy.

Joy is a very, very pretty girl, but she doesn't seem to have the petite, willowy, fragile looks that are so desired in that community. I think she is overshadowed by the 4 elder girls (who have the Fundie princess look/demeanor), and doesn't seem to belong to part of their 'set', and yet, she's not allowed to hang out with her similar aged brothers who would be her natural companions. Her personality and interests are discouraged, and as her sisters leave, she is getting more and more of their work (the work of 4 women).

Joy is the one I want to see walk away, because I don't want to see her try to diet herself into petiteness she doesn't have (and doesn't need!), I don't want to see her lose her spunk trying to do the chores of multiple women, and I don't want to see her try to cram herself into the fundie mold.

Also, I think she'd be a great story teller. Unlike the littles, she probable remembers a lot of what life was like before the show. Her position in the middle of the family means she is probably familiar with the lives of ALL her siblings, unlike Jordyn and Josie who don't even remember when Josh was at home. And the howlers know their sister-moms as more moms...they probably don't know any of the drama in their lives.

Maybe they'll start calling Joyless Anna "Chubbs" since TLC recently axed HCHBB. The name's up for grabs now.

I would buy a tell-all book in a hot second. Wouldn't matter which kid wrote it, although the older ones will probably have better stories.

My thought on Joy Anna is that since she's been left out of the older 4's limelight for so long that she is going to feel bitter and either lash out eventually or be the one who tries to be the most like Michelle and have 21 kids to get the attention she didn't get growing up.

I think its quite realistic that one day, there will be a tell-all book, or maybe a tell-all blog.

Out of 19 kids, it's unlikely that all will stay inside the cult, and there are a lot of various reasons why a Duggar kid would write a book, even if it's just cause they are broke and really need the money.

Joy is the natural beauty. She doesn't lather o a lot of makeup, and doesn't have that fragile look. I see lots of suitors asking JB's permission to court her in a few years.

Honestly, I don't think that any of the kids will write a tell all book. If we're going to see a tell all book, it's going to come from a crew member. A tell all book would ruin ALL of the relationships a child has with their family members, not just get them off the show and give the proverbial middle finger to their parents.

Honestly, I don't think that any of the kids will write a tell all book. If we're going to see a tell all book, it's going to come from a crew member. A tell all book would ruin ALL of the relationships a child has with their family members, not just get them off the show and give the proverbial middle finger to their parents.

Maybe they will all chip in and write it. I wouldn't doubt any of these kids. If it happens it happens if it doesn't it doesn't. I just hope they can escape the lives their parents have for them and live their own. It's not fair to them to miss out of things just because ma and pa are scared of the world and want control

Maybe not exactly a tell all but I wouldn't be surprised if some real stories come out. I was watching some older episodes recently and sometimes the looks Jessa gives her parents can't hide her disdain for them. I was watching one recently when Jim bob couldn't figure out how to buy tickets for the train from the machine and Jessa could. The look of utter disdain on her face was clear. I would love just even little stories of there lives and how mullet and jb pissed her off.

Sorry for the rambling just got off of a long shift. :)

This implies that the child in question wants to continue to have relationships with his/her parents and siblings. Despite the forced togetherness that the quiverfull lifestyle promotes, there have to be more than a few kids who are sick of being cheek to jowl with dozens of siblings 24/7, especially if they know that said siblings are going to turn them in for not being cheerful or submissive enough. It's also unclear what kind of relationship JB and Michelle actually have with their children, especially the middle and younger ones. Most of the parenting work has been outsourced to the J'slaves and it wouldn't surprise me if some of the older boys do stereotypical "dad stuff" with the youngest kids. If JB and Michelle are just distant figureheads, it would be quite easier for a kid to sever relations with them.

Maybe we'll get a tell-all of sorts from someone who works in the house, like a Query girl.

Otherwise, my money is on Josiah, but maybe not anytime soon. He might be the one to write the book after both his parents are gone.

Maybe not exactly a tell all but I wouldn't be surprised if some real stories come out. I was watching some older episodes recently and sometimes the looks Jessa gives her parents can't hide her disdain for them. I was watching one recently when Jim bob couldn't figure out how to buy tickets for the train from the machine and Jessa could. The look of utter disdain on her face was clear. I would love just even little stories of there lives and how mullet and jb pissed her off.

Sorry for the rambling just got off of a long shift. :)

I know for a fact that I gave my parents those looks when I was much younger, but that doesn't mean that I would write a book about all the ways they pissed me off =p

This implies that the child in question wants to continue to have relationships with his/her parents and siblings. Despite the forced togetherness that the quiverfull lifestyle promotes, there have to be more than a few kids who are sick of being cheek to jowl with dozens of siblings 24/7, especially if they know that said siblings are going to turn them in for not being cheerful or submissive enough.

What kind of relationships can they really have? They're all supposed to spy on each other, yet they're each other's only companions.

If JB and Michelle are just distant figureheads, it would be quite easier for a kid to sever relations with them.

Sch a good point. Can they be much more than strangers?

I agree the older kids would have to be the ones to tackle anything pre-TLC. Not that post-TLC couldn't be interesting but I would really love to hear about pre-TLC. I think Josh through Jinger would probably have the most interesting pre-TLC stories since they were old enough to really remember it. Josiah and Joy could probably tell some interesting stories with Josiah getting shipped off to ATI and Joy being forced into a J'slave role. But they were relatively young pre-TLC and I'm not sure their memories would be as clear or they would be as aware of everything that was happening. Also one of the most interesting parts of the Duggars story is Michelle's breakdown when she had seven children, which would have been when Joe was a baby. The only ones to remember that would probably be Josh, Jana and JD.

I think the most likely writers though would be one of the younger kids. They're used to the limelight and they don't have as close of a relationship to JB and Michelle. Not that I think Michelle is close to any of her children but I think JB and her have more of a relationship with their eldest children then they do with the middles or little ones.

I think one of the Lost Girls will write the tell-all. Johannah, Jordyn or Jennifer. Maybe even Miracle Josie will surprise us.

If it was one of the younger kids, we would probably hear about the Michelle menopause meltdowns and what happens after TLC leaves the house. Granted... there are still a few years before that all happens, but they would be the best position to fill us in "after the show".

I bet the sound and video people could make some $$$$ writing a book about what they see behind the scenes. :think:

Archived