IGNORED

What's for Dinner- Part the third

keen23

Yellow split pea fava with chopped red onion and feta over rice. Sliced avocado.

I'm reading people's entries and am now officially in full blown asparagus envy. :shifty:

The soup was store-bought, but fresh, ready-made that morning canteen style. It was flawless, I just added some lemon juice and ground green pepper. Yum. The thing with asparagus is that as soon as I feel the woody part, I stop eating it. But the soup was great.

Yellow split pea fava with chopped red onion and feta over rice. Sliced avocado.

I'm reading people's entries and am now officially in full blown asparagus envy. :shifty:

Mmmm, fava.

I promise that spring and asparagus will be on their way soon, AreteJo!

Baked Spaghetti...basically a cheat meal because my whole heart wasn't in the kitchen tonight. This version had cut up meatballs (left over), sauce, broken spahetti, mozzerella, provolone and some pepperoni mixed in for a kick! BF loves it and my feet are thankful for a night off!

The Partner's sister is visiting, so we are making some Burmese food for dinner. (Well, mostly Burmese. There's one Sri Lankan dish.)

Chickpea soup with greens, lemon grass, ginger, and lime.

Rice.

Pea shoot mallum with coconut and turmeric.

Shredded carrot thoke.

Pomelo salad.

^That spread sounds delicious, RachelB. :D

Lentil soup. Fritata with potato and beet greens. Salad of roasted beets with olive oil and vinegar. Kiwi and banana in the fruit bag.

My mother in law dined me last night but I have been having midnight cravings in a while. (No, no blessing in sight.) For a good while I was fine with having sparkling water and some biscuits but I woke up around 2 am and I craved an ordinary meal so I had pumpkin soup and garlic bread. What's next, I'll be waking up to craving lobster or homemade sushi?

My 2 AM food cravings are not usually as innocuous as pumpkin soup!

I went out tonight with a friend to the fancy new pizza joint in town. I had a thin-crust pie with grapes and gorgonzola cheese.

RachelB's asparagus last week makes me want to take a heat-lamp to the 2 1/2 feet of snow presently covering my garden......

we had home-canned turkey soup this weekend; it was fun because I had put it in the green mason jars i'd found on a clearance shelf last summer (on sale because one of the 6 was missing).

we're also eating a lot of applesauce right now. we got a little over-zealous at the apple farm this fall, and four bushels go a long way.

Shrimp saganaki over orzo. It's shrimp cooked in a tomato, feta, and ouzo sauce. Arugula and fennel salad. Oranges. My great aunt can rock a Sunday dinner.

RachelB's asparagus last week makes me want to take a heat-lamp to the 2 1/2 feet of snow presently covering my garden......

we had home-canned turkey soup this weekend; it was fun because I had put it in the green mason jars i'd found on a clearance shelf last summer (on sale because one of the 6 was missing).

we're also eating a lot of applesauce right now. we got a little over-zealous at the apple farm this fall, and four bushels go a long way.

Catlady, let me know if you want to mix it up a bit-- I've got an applesauce ice cream recipe that originated at around the time I realized just how enormous a bushel is.

A couple nights ago, we made this tasty spaghetti pangrattato: http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2015/02/ ... ried-eggs/

Last night, I stuffed avocados with black bean salsa (because The Partner's sister is not that excited about asparagus or artichokes, but loves the third spring vegetable to show up at the market).

Tonight I'll have leftover Burmese food, conserving cooking energy for Wednesday, when we'll have a friend over for a cooking party.

AreteJo, I think you won the great aunt lottery. :)

Pretty sure I'm detecting some secret vegans in this thread!

Tonight was spaghetti sauce with penne noodles, steamed zucchini and broccoli, with baked garlic tofu. Topped with nooch.

Absolutely divine.

We hosted N, a friend, for dinner, cooking out of Ottolenghi's Jerusalem.

Roasted sweet potatoes with tart apples, green onion, goat cheese, and balsamic vinegar.

Mixed rice pilaf with currants, herbs, and chickpeas.

Comparative hot chocolates (The Partner's famous gingerbread hot chocolate and N's stovetop cocoa).

I was going to make a green salad, but I'm glad I didn't. I think it is going to be Friday before I feel like eating again.

Dined out with family at an expensive asian fusion restaurant last night. I had an excellent miso soup with fried tofu - I had a hunch their miso soup would be good, I usually think it looks and taste like the dirty water after the dishes are done. Then had mediocre pad thai with jumbo shrimps and orange flavored fried tofu cubes. Followed by the most amazing, most incredible mochi ice cream I have ever had and I have been to Japan and high class Japanese restaurants in many places. It was like a dream. Followed by some booze made from plum. Tonight it's homemade stuff, mostly meat pies and cream soup.

Oh my god, I need to know where that place is! That sounds amazing. I have yet to find a great asian restaurant somewhere. Good? Well, yes. Great? Not so much. :?

Navy bean soup and fried potato balls with skordalia*. Carrot and ginger salad.

*A sauce/condiment made of raw garlic, bread, olive oil and lemon juice. Looks like a mayonnaise when pounded/processed together. Often drops blood pressure due to the copious raw garlic, so it has a reputation of causing naps. :D

I finished off the roasted sweet potatoes, and that was about enough food. (I'm getting a cold, feh, and that usually messes with my appetite.)

Oh my god, I need to know where that place is! That sounds amazing. I have yet to find a great asian restaurant somewhere. Good? Well, yes. Great? Not so much. :?

And this is just a medium-sized eastern european city. But there are Asian restaurants (not buffets) everywhere, and also, plenty of stylish sushi bars. Although I'm much more comfortable consuming Sushi in the northern part of the country, around the baltic shores where there's plenty of fishing going on. This is pretty much the middle of the continent. They probably get their salmon from large fisheries, and I have no idea where the other saltwater ingredients come from - probably frozen...

Last night it was stuffed eggplant, sauteed mushrooms, stuffed peppers, that german named cabbage salad, cold, with mayonnaise, new potatoes and stir-fred veggies. Today I'm feasting on figs and rice cake - I'm tired of eating too much and hating to undress before a mirror.

Mmmmm you guys have some awesome stuff posted here. Need to change up my regular stuff. Mybe I will get I spired here.

Last night was BLTs it was my daughters choice since it was her birthday. We are eating out tonight her choice. I made caramel brownies for her treat.

Tonight's specialty: rationed amount of 99% Lindt dark chocolate. Dark like Jessa's heart. And limited amount of rice cake. I'm trying to shed some weight so I'm having rice cakes with something that isn't bacon or breaded cheese, 2 times a deay, and I have one normal meal. Usually a lunch or a dinner at my MIL's house. I wish I could go on without one large meal but I can't, I break down after a few days. I need a full meal once a day.

The other day I had spaghetti and could only eat the noodles without the tomato sauce. I did end up getting a bit of sauce so I didn't feel too good the rest of the night.

Today my mother, brother, gf, and I have a cold, so breakfast was menudo. Dinner will probably be take out or soup. But all these posts are making me want so much more!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.