IGNORED

What's for Dinner- Part the third

keen23

• 3 weeks later...

Homemade pizza and portobello mushrooms stuffed with onion, garlic, courgette and parmesan. And plenty of red wine.. It is Friday, after all :pizza: :redwine:

I made an asparagus and shiitake mushroom stir-fry - veggies from the farmers' market - with basmati rice. Iced tea to drink.

tonight was smoked turkey, mashed potatoes, and broccoli-cauliflower. apple pie for dessert.

we had the relatives over, and had to feed them well after they helped us shovel five yards of mulch into the new perennial garden. I even peeled the potatoes for my nephew (he's a bit particular); on a normal day I never peel them on the basis of not doing unnecessary work.

Tonight I had a good, good, everything bagel with real cream cheese. Waiting for the tomatoes to ripen up a little bit more before I make stale bread, mozzarella, tomato, and basil salad.

One day I'll return to eating real food. Tonight I grazed on popcorn and dry Life cereal.

• 2 weeks later...
One day I'll return to eating real food. Tonight I grazed on popcorn and dry Life cereal.

That was me all during the academic semester.

Tonight was a little better but not much. I had a piece of buttered sourdough toast (a regular in my rotation) and some local strawberries and vanilla ice cream.

I'm actually cooking tonight for a change - making a tortilla pie, with black beans and corn simmered in beer and then layered with tortillas and cheddar cheese.

If ambition wins out over torpor tonight, I'm planning to make rhubarb frangipane pie, from a recipe at The Splendid Table.

• 4 weeks later...

I got myself a burrito bowl from Chipotle on my way home today because I tired myself out acquiring my dessert, blueberries picked straight from the bushes at my favorite nearby (Ok, so more like 40 mins away) farm!!!! I'm gonna eat them with some fresh whipped cream and a couple squares of dark chocolate. And it was only like 5 bucks for almost 3 lbs. Amazing! :dance:

I made a dashi broth and then served it with tofu, fresh udon noodles, hard boiled eggs, and a sprinkle of nori furikake. When my toddler abandoned her spoon and just stuck her whole face in the bowl I knew it was a winner.

^ That all sounds good to me except for the hard-boiled egg.

I channeled my inner eight year old tonight and quaffed an A & W root beer float and ate onion rings for dinner. I did eat a pluot later on...

Veggie stir fry for the kids

A few pieces of chicken added to mine

Rice

Mint choco chip ice cream for dessert for me.

Cinnamon rolls for the kids.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this will qualify as being late enough for dinner, but I'm currently quaffing a super-strong iced coffee alongside a piece of buttered sourdough toast.

I'll be lucky if I can get to sleep tonight, the coffee was so strong.

Tonight we had chicken on the grill, and I just made strawberry smoothies for dessert.

Last night, we ordered pizza (it was delicious) and tonight I"m probably going to heat up some of the never-ending leftover spaghetti sauce, pasta, and feta cheese. The sauce is great, but I made too much last week :?

Last night, we ordered pizza (it was delicious) and tonight I"m probably going to heat up some of the never-ending leftover spaghetti sauce, pasta, and feta cheese. The sauce is great, but I made too much last week :?

I do that too! I made sauce on Saturday and ended up with a gallon. Froze 2 quarts, and will have spaghetti again tomorrow.

Tonight we had Italian sausage on the grill, fresh broccoli, and tomatoes from the garden.

The other night, Mr. CL threw together a fast dinner involving leftover taco meat with a side of tater tots. I told him that if he layered them, he would have something akin to tater tot casserole. He said, "WTF is tater tot casserole?"

He knows nothing much about the Duggars (aside from thinking that Jessa is pretty), so I explained. Then I said we could have chickenetti the next night. He thought that sounded interesting, until he googled the recipe and said there's no way in hell he'd eat that.

I sliced up a cucumber from our garden and ate it with Trader Joe's Cilantro Chive Yogurt dip, then a Sister Schubert's mini baguette with a couple of slices of Cojack cheese and sweet onion.

I made catfish tacos with mango chutney, black beans, and avocado for my family last night.

The catfish got stuck to the frying pan, but, damnit, it was delicious.

I also made Thai green fish curry to heat up for dinner tonight.

Zucchini and cheese pancakes. Not home-grown zukes, unfortunately. Four plants and the bleeping SVBs got 'em all, despite CONSTANT VIGILIANCE. Dammit.

• 3 weeks later...

I am making homemade McDonald hamburgers. I have to think how to put the recipe in to english but i will give it a try (maybe the things i mention you don't have there?)

I will take fresh italian bums (withe the hard outside) make burgers with minced meat seasoned with garlic, cayenne, cumin and paprika powder. The burgers go on the bread with a bed of lettuce and cheddar cheese and then i put on this for the sauce http://www.heinz.nl/nl-NL/Products/S/Sa ... uinkruiden and makes a wonderfull Mc sauce.

I couldn't find a equivalent to the american market :(

Throw on the top of the bun and serve with some french fries. Eet smakelijk! ;)

I keep forgetting we have this thread. In a bit of a dinner rut lately. I think I will make eggs and toast, with fruit on the side for dinner.

I am planning on making a chocolate ganache cake for dessert.

Homemade cream of mushroom soup (Ina Garten's recipe with some tweaks) and sammiches (sometimes I type in my accent. - I'm like a Midwestern Karl Pilkington).

I have the palette of a picky toddler and so my sammiches of choice is pickle & pimento loaf, American cheese, and sandwhich spread. When I was a kid my favorite lunch meat was chicken loaf/chicken roll and it was kind of dry and made up random chicken bits smushed together. Like the pressed wood of lunch meat. I've looked for it in every store and deli for years and cannot find it.

They have actual chicken which grown ups prefer, but I want my almost-food chicken loaf. Anyone know why they stopped making this?

Oh, and I offer to make chocolate eclairs for the girl child's boyfriend's birthday and she says no thanks - can I make crinkle cookies instead? So no to my speciality passed down in my family with pate choux, creme de patisserie, and ganache all from scratch but prefers some recipe I found on Hershey's website that takes no effort what so ever. Fine. :roll:

Actually have to make both since as soon as I offered eclairs the headship and one of the boys considered it a promise. I don't even eat them because I hate pudding/custard. (It's too slippery). These people I live with do not deserve me.

Last night I made some brats and Italian sausages made fresh from a local butcher. I was not going to eat much since I am not normally a sausage eater- but they were awesome so I had a half of each type I bought. I sautéed peppers and onions and made a tomato cucumber salad.

Tonight, I am making pizza dough for some pizzas. I have some pesto to use up. Not very labor day holiday weekedndy but there you have it. I did get a skirt steak yesterday to marinade, I have never made one does anyone have a good recipe? I have some peppers to grill with it including pablanos. I think I will make corn and chipoltle soup today for lunches over the week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.