IGNORED

What's for Dinner- Part the third

keen23

I made fajitas with a recipe from my friend. It's my headship's favourite dinner. In fact, he says it's better than any restaurant version. :D

Tofu in peanut sauce over rice and peas.

• Upvote 3

Thanks for bringing this thread back!  I've missed it. 

We didn't have anything exciting, just pulled random vegetables  out of the fridge and did a salad.  I'll try to do something more interesting tomorrow. 

I made teryaki turkey burgers with potato chips and steamed broccoli and cauliflower.

• Upvote 1

life got messy this week and i managed only basic throw-togethers.  i'm going to try harder tonight.  i'm thinking roasted chicken and salt potatoes with peas on the side.

• Upvote 1

Since I've got a big meal planned for Easter tomorrow, tonight's going to be a pre-packaged pasta and sauce thing where you add frozen chicken breasts and bake, served with canned or frozen veggies.

• Upvote 1

There were some beautiful shrimp (wild-caught, fresh not frozen) on sale and I got some without an idea of what to do with them.

Ended up using a basic recipe for peanut noodles and adding some veg - sauteed shallots and a jalapeno, spiralized carrot and zucchini "noodles" - to the basic sauce and noodles. I softened the veg "noodles" by submerging them in the hot noodles, which gave them a perfect texture. Some chopped peanuts for added crunch - yum!

I roasted the shrimp at 400F for 8min as the recipe suggested, which was perfect. I'd never done them that way before, and they were delicious. Sometimes I overcook them, so I was glad to have a new, simpler way to cook them.

• Upvote 4

tonight will be Denver omelette in the crockpot with roasted potatoes on the side. 

• 2 weeks later...

Venison sausage with red onion and apples.

• Upvote 1

Fish with fresh diced tomatoes.  Peas and cheesy rice-a-roni on the side.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Salmon cooked with a soy/honey/Old Bay glaze. With a side of my daughter's tantrum because she wanted pizza.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/04/2017 at 1:53 AM, catlady said:

tonight will be Denver omelette in the crockpot with roasted potatoes on the side. 

What is a Denver omelette and how do you cook it?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Percy said:

What is a Denver omelette and how do you cook it?

My omelettes are more like scrambled eggs than a true omelette, but I add to the eggs:

Red and green chopped peppers

chopped onion 

crumbled bacon

cubed ham

fresh chopped tomatoes

cubed cheddar cheese

hot sauce is optional 

i add the tomatoes and cheese toward the end so they don't get too soft/melted.  Since I can't do a neatly folded omelette, I tend to scramble everything in a skillet.  Or  if I use the crockpot, it's kind of like a casserole.  Either way, it's an easy dinner.  

• Upvote 3

• 3 months later...

Yesterday's dinner was a Pakistani rice dish (sorry forgot the name). Meat was cooked in the slowcooker with a spice mix I bought pre-mixed with among other things cardamon. I then fried onions and cooked the rice in the stock with the meat and onions. It was a very mild dish for that area and even my whiny five year old didn't cry "too strong". I will have that for dinner or lunch again this weekend as it made probably like 6-8 servings and we are 2 adults and 2 children.

Tonight if I still have some energy will be oven roasted pork with cider gravy (sauce? not sure of the correct terminalogy here) and probably oven potatoes of some kind. If I don't have the energy for that it will be some very uninspired like sausages and fries (the latter from a bag and not homemade) or chicken nuggets some yogurt based dip and vegetables. I hope I will go for the pork though.

• Upvote 3

• 3 months later...

Wow, I can't believe I'm only just now seeing this thread given my obsession with other people's dinner plans/menus.

Last night I made some pan seared chicken thighs, and then (poorly) cut up some potatoes and threw them in fryer. Then last minute I tossed both in some chimichurri sauce I had in the back of the fridge from earlier this week. 

I currently have some pork ribs in the oven that have been cooking on low since six this morning. Later I'll unwrap 'em, glaze 'em, and throw 'em on the grill to get a nice crisp. Will be served with some red garlic potatoes, and I think I have some frozen corn on the cob, if not then I have a spinach salad in the fridge. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Sausage, apples and red onion stir fry. Twice cooked red, white and purple baby potatoes roasted with 6 or 7 + (lost count) cloves of garlic, thinly sliced white onion and olive oil. 

On 1/21/2018 at 3:50 PM, AstroNot said:

Wow, I can't believe I'm only just now seeing this thread given my obsession with other people's dinner plans/menus.

I have the same obsession.  I love looking at other people's food in restaurants. Creepy I know, but I try to sneak a glance so they won't think I'm a stalker. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday I made a Cuban Mojo roast, black beans + rice, and some garlicky collard greens.

Tonight I took the leftovers and made cubanos. Personally thought the meat was waaay better in a sandwich, but maybe it;s because I haven't had a sandwich in months. 

• Upvote 4

What up, it's ya' girl back at it with dinner plans.

I've actually be down and out with a gnarly cold since the 12th, my headship has been treatin' me with lots of stick-to-your-ribs soups. Beef and barley, carnita and vegetable soup, bacon and egg ramen, and a spicy chicken noodle soup that cleared my sinuses (bless). 

Tonight I returned the favor by making his favorite- short rib taquitos drowned in cheese and a homemade salsa. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Coconut rice, salmon with cumin, corriander seeds, lime and green chillies, and cucumber yogurt salad

• Love 1

• 4 months later...

I had some broth left over from a beef roast I made a few days ago so I dumped some frozen mixed vegetables and a couple cubed potatoes in it and made soup, plus cornbread. Thick soup is better on a chilly evening instead of a hot August one but it sounded (and was) good.

• Upvote 2

I read about @TheOneAndOnly making a beef roast the other day and haven’t stopped thinking about it since. So that’s what’s in the crockpot now. I’m planning to make beef and noodles with the leftover meat. Also on this week’s menu is lasagna. A little time intensive but that’s something I actually have this week. 

• 2 months later...

Dinner was soup made with quinoa, black beans and carrots made by my daughter who became vegetarian while at summer camp this past July. It was nice comfort food. Hot  and shooting.  The soup started out as chili and not so liquid, but she forgot to add the yams, so it was more soup than chili. 

I loved it 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.