IGNORED

What's for Dinner- Part the third

keen23

Fridge cleaning dinner of random leftovers: crab cakes, green beans, baked sweet potato, and the last of the key lime pie from Thanksgiving.

I've been writing papers all weekend, so I've been eating whatever I can snatch out of the fridge and consume with one hand, mostly. Tonight I've had a cup of hot chocolate and an apple.

I've been writing papers all weekend, so I've been eating whatever I can snatch out of the fridge and consume with one hand, mostly. Tonight I've had a cup of hot chocolate and an apple.

Same here. I'm finishing up a research paper and cramming for finals this week. Tonight was Coke Zero, fortune cookies, a banana, and strawberries.

I've had Ramen for the first time after a looong time of abstinence. I was so lazy today I thought heating up water for the noodles already cost me so much energy, I immediately had to lie down for a quick nap after "dinner".

Roasted eggplant, mashed, seasoned (salt, turmeric, cayenne), and fried with copious onion and garlic. Rice.

I also made dinner for tomorrow night, since we'll be traveling: what Yotam Ottolenghi calls "ultimate winter couscous." It packs well and is super-tasty: http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle ... ink.recipe

I substitute sweet potato for squash, since we both prefer it.

RachelB, that couscous looks grand! It looks like a nice change from my typical curried Mediterranean version.

Tonight's offering was a couple sushi rolls at my local joint.

Homemade chicken tenders pluis Emeril's Potato salad - it has eggs, bacon and bleu cheese in it. Hubby needs to gain some weight.

last night was one of my fiance's favourite of simple meals: chili dogs with cheese and seasoned potato wedges.

tonight...i'll probably throw a pizza in the oven when i get home. we're both exhausted and just have no energy to do anything lol.

my plan for this weekend is making up his cubed steaks the way he likes it :D last time i tried there was some, uh, miscommunication (more like "cultural differences" lol), and while dinner was still good, it wasn't quite what he was wanting. :P

Tonight we dine on Frito Pie.

That's what happens when you let teenagers make the menu and do the shopping.

Leftover vegetable stew with egg noodles and a smidge of plain yogurt on top. Christmas candy for dessert!

Last night, bean soup with sunflower seed bread.

Tonight, we're having friends over. I'm making artichoke-ricotta dip with crudites, a Greek-inspired rice pilaf, cucumber salad dressed with yogurt and mint. Something citrusy for dessert.

Lol, every time I pop into this thread I just had ramen. The Pretzels will have duck, orange sauce, red cabbage and croquettes for dinner, though.

New Year's Day we went in the city for bbq. Hubby downed a rack of ribs, and slaw. Last night I made pasta bolognese and marinated vegetables. Today hubby's tummy says it'll be a rice-based dish for dinner.

today was crock-pot night: salsa chicken in the big one, and apple crumble in the little one.

today was crock-pot night: salsa chicken in the big one, and apple crumble in the little one.

Please share your apple crumble recipe. Could it be sized down to a 16oz crock?

Please share your apple crumble recipe. Could it be sized down to a 16oz crock?

hi! it's actually a heavily modified commercial recipe from the crock-pot company, but here's my version--

1 pint of apple pie filling (I had canned my own using Mrs. Wages mix; form walmart or tractor supply)

package of yellow cake mix

2/3 to 3/4 stick margarine

put pie filling in crock

melt butter and blend with cake mix (go less for slightly drier crumble; I like it that way) and add to crock

cook on low 3 - 4 hrs, high for 1.5 - 2 hrs

serves 4, add ice cream or whipped cream as desired

my crock is sized for 1 - 2 people, but you could easily cut it in half for a smaller one.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.