I believe that is why Ben was taking business classes at NPCC.

I was sure we had found somewhere that Ben's dad owned the windshield place, or maybe it was Ben's grandfather. Anyway, Ben doesn't own it, he was just takng it over.

On another note, I find Faith's short bio somewhat patronizing.

"Faith enjoys singing and writing little stories"

I hate when adults refer to stuff kids do as little. At least, in the context above. Its almost like they are just amused, and don't think its important, but it probably is to Faith!

I know what you mean, but on the flip side, I HATE it when some parents go to the other extreme and make it sound like their 10 year old just wrote a bestselling non-fiction novel. Why can't it be OK for kids to just be "average" these days? If they are not over-achievers, they must have something wrong with them.

I know what you mean, but on the flip side, I HATE it when some parents go to the other extreme and make it sound like their 10 year old just wrote a bestselling non-fiction novel. Why can't it be OK for kids to just be "average" these days? If they are not over-achievers, they must have something wrong with them.

I agree with you also. To me, they could have said "Faith enjoys singing and writing stories." If they are short stories, then say short instead of little. They don't have to make her out to be a prodigy, but they don't have to put her down either. (Not saying that they are, but there are better ways to phrase that)

I guess because of the lifestyle, I feel like if Faith wants to be a writer, they might not encourage that. Thats why "little stories" bothered me. They clearly don't care that Jes has a part time job, but I think thats because they are willing to teach their kids a work ethic, and I think she has been campaigning for a family friend which is why its ok. When Faith gets to be Jes' age though and still wants to write, and is good at it, how will they react?

Personally, I enjoyed Ben's Bio: "He has recently left the nest, and is pursuing his dreams in northwest Arkansas."

Pursue his dreams? And what would those be exactly?

Banging Jessa.

Do the Seewalds home school? I thought they went to public school? (I guess I'm just assuming because I saw pictures of Ben playing football, even though some home school kids were allowed to play sports at my high school too)

Also that sister looks like she's at least 30. I was shocked to hear she was 14.

They homeschool but from what I've gathered they are in some sort of co-op thing. There are team sports and real field trips ect. I know one of Ben's sisters is on a dance team. We have a homeschool co-op around here, the kids do most of their stuff at home but there are real sports teams that play area high schools and they go on field trips. They usually hire someone to do art and music.

They homeschool but from what I've gathered they are in some sort of co-op thing. There are team sports and real field trips ect. I know one of Ben's sisters is on a dance team. We have a homeschool co-op around here, the kids do most of their stuff at home but there are real sports teams that play area high schools and they go on field trips. They usually hire someone to do art and music.

Dance team? That's incredibly surprising. I wonder if Ben is forbidden to attend any of her competitions now that he's a Duggar....

Dance team? That's incredibly surprising. I wonder if Ben is forbidden to attend any of her competitions now that he's a Duggar....

It's a Christian Dance team. One of the sisters had a shirt on that said, "Dancing for God" or something similar team. I'll see if I can find a screen shot of it.

It's a Christian Dance team. One of the sisters had a shirt on that said, "Dancing for God" or something similar team. I'll see if I can find a screen shot of it.

Of course it is, but it is still dancing. And we all know dancing provokes feelings that can't righteously be fulfilled!

Is that related to twerking for Jesus? :whistle:

youtube.com/watch?v=SMjYR_xVehc

Archived