Ben's family does seem a lot more normal than the Duggars.

And this isn't exactly a snark - but Jessa has been posting singing videos of Ben's sister and she mentioned that she is 14 yrs old.

And I guess because of the conservative dress we don't get as many age cues as when someone wears more mainstream clothing - but I seriously would have guessed that sister was 24 or 34 not 14 - which I realize would have been poor guessing since Ben is the oldest - but that girl does not look like a young teen to me - her demeanor seems much older.

They don't seem more normal per se, but definitely more modern.

The women & girls wear pants (seems the only time they do wear skirts is when they're around the Duggars), Guinn Facebooks about listening to jazz & secular music, Ben's other sister has a job, the kids watch Disney movies, etc.

The sister does look older than 14, but she's a lot like Jessa in that she wears a lot of makeup. Also she doesn't look like the other kids that much. She has a stronger face.

They still have some wacked religious beliefs though.

Is it Danielle? I think she just naturally looks older. Jes is 16 or 17 and looks more like a 14/16 year old (when she isn't caking on the makeup) but Danielle looks like a grow up in every photo I have ever seen of her.

I think that's nice Jessa is posting videos of her sister in law singing. I guess she is getting along well with them.

http://seewalds.com/about/

On another note, I find Faith's short bio somewhat patronizing.

"Faith enjoys singing and writing little stories"

I hate when adults refer to stuff kids do as little. At least, in the context above. Its almost like they are just amused, and don't think its important, but it probably is to Faith!

I could be reading too much into that, or drawing off of something from my own past, but I just hate that.

I didn't think she was a good singer and any music aficionado would tell you so. She isn't even up to cousin Amy's standards.

I actually think Michael Seewald is more religious than JB Duggar. He is really into theology. But the kids do seem more normal. They've been allowed to participate in a lot of homeschool activities with other families and they have a ton of friends.

Don't let the "normal" look fool you. There are plenty of fundies who look normal. Wolves inn sheep's clothing.

I actually think Michael Seewald is more religious than JB Duggar. He is really into theology. But the kids do seem more normal. They've been allowed to participate in a lot of homeschool activities with other families and they have a ton of friends.

He is more mainstream religious- as in, follows a religion and likely belongs to a church.

JB follows Gothard and is more into fringe groups.

I hope Jessa continues to get closer to them :) They seem more normal than her own family, and might be a good influence on her. Even if they are still conservative, pro life, Christians who share hateful beliefs with the Duggars, they are allowed to wear pants, work if youre a woman, watch secular TV and listen to music, so that's a start and it at least will mean that Jessa will get to experience some things she hasn't been allowed to in the past as well as allow her future kids to experience some of these things.

IMO Michael understands his religion at a level JB has no clue about. JB parrots whatever Gothard says. Michael goes to an actual church, studies the Bible and has a personal connection with it. Michael has critical thinking skills that JB doesn't have. Michael saw through the "pieces of the heart" bullshit and JB still trying to figure out what that blog post was talking about.

He is more mainstream religious- as in, follows a religion and likely belongs to a church.

JB follows Gothard and is more into fringe groups.

Jim bob is more childlike. Believe in god, go to heaven, the bible is literal and he doesn't need to question it. Michael is Calvinist and all into reformed theology. Which can spew out lots of long, analyzing opinions.

I didn't think she was a good singer and any music aficionado would tell you so. She isn't even up to cousin Amy's standards.

I thought she was great! Like, I wanted to actually click on the FB link to hear more. Maybe I am un-aficianado? :think:

http://seewalds.com/about/

On another note, I find Faith's short bio somewhat patronizing.

"Faith enjoys singing and writing little stories"

I hate when adults refer to stuff kids do as little. At least, in the context above. Its almost like they are just amused, and don't think its important, but it probably is to Faith!

I could be reading too much into that, or drawing off of something from my own past, but I just hate that.

Also the fact that her younger brother gets a bio seven times as long (I word counted)

Personally, I enjoyed Ben's Bio: "He has recently left the nest, and is pursuing his dreams in northwest Arkansas."

Pursue his dreams? And what would those be exactly? I guess every young boy hopes and prays to grow up to clean his father-in-law's toilets.

And I just saw that the Dad is also an auto glass technician?? Not that there's anything wrong with the profession of auto glass repair, but I'm curious about someone who, at his age and with many mouths to feed, doesn't OWN an auto glass repair place or is an auto glass manager... maybe it's just me? :shifty:

Personally, I enjoyed Ben's Bio: "He has recently left the nest, and is pursuing his dreams in northwest Arkansas."

Pursue his dreams? And what would those be exactly? I guess every young boy hopes and prays to grow up to clean his father-in-law's toilets.

I thought exactly the same thing!!!

And I just saw that the Dad is also an auto glass technician?? Not that there's anything wrong with the profession of auto glass repair, but I'm curious about someone who, at his age and with many mouths to feed, doesn't OWN an auto glass repair place or is an auto glass manager... maybe it's just me? :shifty:

As far as we know at FJ Steve Carell Pa Seewald is the owner of the business and was setting up Ben to take over. Unless I'm dreaming it up or it's a FJ rumour, but I don't believe it is.

If I remember correctly he also has a pre-fab home business. The auto glass thing was more for Ben than for Michael.

Yeah they seem more "normal" in the sense of their lifestyle, but not at all "normal" in the sense of their actual beliefs.

Do the Seewalds home school? I thought they went to public school? (I guess I'm just assuming because I saw pictures of Ben playing football, even though some home school kids were allowed to play sports at my high school too)

Also that sister looks like she's at least 30. I was shocked to hear she was 14.

I know Michael Seewald is being credited as more of a researcher than Jim Bob Duggar in terms of theological beliefs, and I believe that's true, but this is also the same guy who called everyone who disagreed with Jessa and Ben's comparison of abortion to the Holocaust "Hitler's Doppelgangers."

That's probably one of the stupidest things I've ever heard in my life. Abortion and a woman's right to bodily autonomy has absolutely nothing to do with the genocide of millions of Jews, and to compare anyone who disagrees with him to being a follower of Hitler just makes Michael Seewald look like a first-rate ignorant dumbass. It's like he posted that comparison as a way to make people think he was being dead clever, but failed miserably.

Archived