IGNORED

The Keller Family reunion.

xReems

Hopefully the pendulum will swing to a wave of new liberals. That does seem to be the trend.

Looking at the last election though, it may be only the hard core fundamentalists whose children are swinging more liberal. Because the election results overall were, in my opinion, really really scary.

I know that it's typical for the election to swing the way it did during this point in a second term presidency. And that the mid-terms always have an older, more conservative crowd, and low turn out and all of that.

But still, it was spectacularly bad for Democrats and amazingly good for Republicans. Not just on the federal level, but overwhelmingly in state elections as well. My state is still solidly blue - but the Republicans did pick up several seats.

Its so strange, to me, that marriage equality is spreading across the country so quickly - but hard-core conservatives are being elected in. There's the possibility that people are electing in the conservatives to counteract the judicial rulings in favor of marriage equality-- but that doesn't seem to be a key issue.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the last election though, it may be only the hard core fundamentalists whose children are swinging more liberal. Because the election results overall were, in my opinion, really really scary.

I know that it's typical for the election to swing the way it did during this point in a second term presidency. And that the mid-terms always have an older, more conservative crowd, and low turn out and all of that.

But still, it was spectacularly bad for Democrats and amazingly good for Republicans. Not just on the federal level, but overwhelmingly in state elections as well. My state is still solidly blue - but the Republicans did pick up several seats.

Its so strange, to me, that marriage equality is spreading across the country so quickly - but hard-core conservatives are being elected in. There's the possibility that people are electing in the conservatives to counteract the judicial rulings in favor of marriage equality-- but that doesn't seem to be a key issue.

The election turnout was the lowest in 70 years, so hopefully 2016 will represent the entire country and have a better outcome. It's too bad people haven't connected the dots that the mid-terms are just as important and do affect laws.

Plus there is this:

It is not Washington that will be the problem over the next two years. It is the state legislatures, state Governors and governor appointed state judges who will enact, sign and certify new laws to suppress voting. You don't actually have to block half the voters, or even one percent of the voters to alter the outcome of the next presidential election. You just have to block about one half of one percent of the vote in critical states that are close to evenly divided, and have enough electoral votes.

And that is how democracy died.

So yes, i agree, it is very scary. At the same time i do believe the overall trend among the next generation of fundies is liberal. Well, the ones who are out on their own trying to support themselves and their families now. The younger at home generation is just as rabid, sadly. My experience is based on personal friends (i don't know any -maybe one- fundie young adults that became more strict than their parents). Just look at homeschoolers anonymous, and the kids who were on debate teams like the Jeub kids. They're looking at facts and deciding their parents' ideals don't stand up to scrutiny. Homeschool parents raised their kids to be discerning and i think that backfired in a good way, as far as repressive beliefs. :lol:

I think it's hilarious that they added a stupid exclamation mark in the title of the show that doesn't go there. You would think someone who was actually on said show would notice that.

His résumé is awesome!

'Intrigued with politics from an early age, Josh began working part time for candidates in Arkansas and elected officials at the State Capitol. In 2006, his political involvement led him to establish Strategic Political Services, a political consulting firm. In addition to politics, Josh owned and operated Duggar Automotive for six years, a pre-owned automotive dealership which he started in 2007."

:text-bs::laughing-rollingyellow:

His résumé is awesome!

'Intrigued with politics from an early age, Josh began working part time for candidates in Arkansas and elected officials at the State Capitol. In 2006, his political involvement led him to establish Strategic Political Services, a political consulting firm. In addition to politics, Josh owned and operated Duggar Automotive for six years, a pre-owned automotive dealership which he started in 2007."

:text-bs::laughing-rollingyellow:

He started a consulting firm at the age of 18? Dear God, the SOTDRT deprived him more than I thought.

He started a consulting firm at the age of 18? Dear God, the SOTDRT deprived him more than I thought.

Next they'll be saying that he's a lawyer...similar to how Jill is a MW-

If they say things enough times, I guess they become fact- and the media repeats such.

If they say things enough times, I guess they become fact- and the media repeats such.

He may have started a consulting firm- but did he have any (non-family) clients?

Has anyone seen this? Wonder how much it costs to book Josh as a speaker? Also, this bio is pretty whitewashed - since when recently have they said on camera much about their "biblical values"? More just their rules via ATI.

premierespeakers.com/christian/josh_duggar/bio

I actually wouldn't be surprised if he had started one (but, as Bethella says, without any real clients), because starting a consulting firm while still a teenager displays exactly the kind of arrogance and ignorance of the world that the SOTDRT is famous for. Josh had no idea that he knew next to nothing about politics, but instead thought he was so knowledgeable that much older and more experienced people should pay for his advice and assistance. It's even worse than Sarah Maxwell teaching writing classes.

Course, you could be right and he pulled it out of his ass, but actually having done it would be in keeping with his "education" and his family's worldview.

premierespeakers.com/christian/josh_duggar/bio

That picture is TERRIBLE. I know people on here have said it before, but personally, I think this is the worst one yet. He looks SO unhealthy. I feel really bad for Anna and the kids.

If I recall correctly, most of Josh HOTDRT involved wisdom books. The family swtiched to SOS after after the show become regular.

In that case, Josh has learned most of his education from wisdom books. He is more sheltered educationally than his younger siblings.

I seem to remember that Josh had a website for the "consulting business."

I seem to remember that Josh had a website for the "consulting business."

He certainly did. It was a masterpiece of inventive spelling and grammatical errors. It seems to have been taken down but perhaps the Wayback Machine ...

There's one more photo on the Facebook page of some elderly friend or relative.

im35rjn7.jpg

And an old one with Suzette and Esther, Rebekah, Daniel and Suze (baby):

lwpgxp7d.jpg

Um.......what is that guy in front of the trampoline doing, lol?

Josh looks like he just rolled out of bed in that first picture. I do remember his political consulting "business" from a few years back. I actually wonder if he has enough self awareness to be embarrassed about that today.

Mykynzye looks grouchy in the family photo. She had probably had her fill of family photos for a while.

I think Ma Keller looks nice. Those glasses certainly look much better on her than the other ones, and the red is a lovely color on her and doesn't give her a washed out appearance.

Pa Keller needs to use the restroom obviously.

Pris and Davey and Wee Pecan look really adorable, god help me.

I have trouble following the rest of the Keller family, TBH.

Hopefully the pendulum will swing to a wave of new liberals. That does seem to be the trend.

Honestly, there is a reason so many people value education and why throughout history people have fought for their right to a good education. Homeschooling is fine, but they still need a good education! I think the lack of education is what will eventually bring them down and drive people away. So, so much more is possible with a good education and I don't only mean college.

Archived