IGNORED

The Keller Family reunion.

xReems

The Kellers are living proof that the ATI cult doesn't work...three out of the eight kids left the cult, one daughter is married to a grifting, worthless bum, another is married to a guy who clearly isn't into her and might be gay, and another sold her soul for a few dollars by marrying a reality star. Jury is still out on the two youngest boys.

Agree!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All they care about is that those daughters are obeying their devout husbands and regularly producing white Christian warrior babies for God, Gothard and the patriarchy. I read somewhere and believe it to be true that these families expect to lose some children to the world but as long as those goals are met by most of their children they can say they are succeeding in their plans.

All they care about is that those daughters are obeying their devout husbands and regularly producing white Christian warrior babies for God, Gothard and the patriarchy. I read somewhere and believe it to be true that these families expect to lose some children to the world but as long as those goals are met by most of their children they can say they are succeeding in their plans.

Are you being serious? 'Cause they're still human beings, still people. I can't deny that some really crazy people out there think that way, but c'mon....Every parent has this plan in mind for their own kids and with every kid that turns from said ideals, a sane parent is questioning their parenting and wondering which mistakes they might have made. I don't doubt the Keller parents have majorly scrutinized their behavior towards their children and I hope they have come to the conclusion that a personal relationship with them is more important than their religious doctrine.

I don't doubt the old Kellers are really deeply into ATI, either. Yet, they seem to love their children. Rebekah's husband once came out and explained that Pa Keller, while certainly into ATI, is not the authoritarian, gropey creep people believe him to be.

I guess all three children turning away from them ( Rebekah and her husband leaving the cult, Daniel and Candice doing the same/Daniel not giving a sh*t about his father's authority, and Suze ditching the whole courtship crap and having a child out of wedlock) was really hard on them and they didn't know how to deal with it other than shunning them for some time. I'm glad for everyone involved if they have found a way to accept and love each other despite all those differences.

I always hoped that Suze having a child and living far away with her sister was so hard on Ma Keller, that she decided to ignore what happened and be glad to have a relationship with her youngest girl. I hope the same goes for Pa Keller and Daniel.

Btw, I don't know where to put Esther and John. They're certainly still fundie but they both left ATI and have made it very clear tat they despise GotHard and his teachings.

Btw#2, I have always found all of them (Anna and Josh, the Pecans, Esther and idiot husband) much more likeable after each big Keller reunion. "A bit of fresh air" so to speak...

The Keller siblings all seem to be very close regardless of believe and level of fundie-ness and I'd hope that the partners all just go along with that.

Out of all of the Keller daughters, Anna seems to be happy, loves her kids, and has a husband who loves her (and vice verssa). Rebekah could be the same. I just don't know anything about her.

In that photo Susanna and Rebekah's smiles seem fake to me.

Rebekah's cover photo on her FB has everyone, including in-laws and grandkids. Minus Esther's kids, there are already nine grandchildren.

Holy crap, Rebekah has a job too! Marketing Director, that's nothing to sneeze at!

She and her husband look very happy in their pictures. Good for them for making the life together that they choose!

Holy crap, Rebekah has a job too! Marketing Director, that's nothing to sneeze at!

She and her husband look very happy in their pictures. Good for them for making the life together that they choose!

What's her name on Facebook?

Out of all of the Keller daughters, Anna seems to be happy, loves her kids, and has a husband who loves her (and vice verssa). Rebekah could be the same. I just don't know anything about her.

Yep, Anna seems to be the one REALLY happy with all she has. I think Josh takes after JB when it come to admiration of his wife and Anna genuinely enjoys having many children. She's the most authentic and she's smarter than we think.

The bolded: To be fair, there are 22 people in that pic which makes it hard to have everyone smile genuinely and at once or they could have just been really worn out after a long day and longish travel with several kids. Some people are also just not "smilers". My cousin basically looks like she just had a tooth pulled out in every.single.picture. She's a pretty happy person, though.

Thanks for posting the links above on the Keller/Shraders. I tried to look through them but just don't have the time,

I wonder if it would be possible for someone to just answer a question? It was mentioned that the Schraders have rejected Gothard? Can anyone explain that a bit more? From what I was able to gather when looking over their threads, it seemed like they were straight up Gothard types. Subservient woman, lots of kids, husband with no real job, etc.

Also, just in general, Does Gothard encourage men to also not have jobs? It seems like so many of these fundie families have a dad who not only doesn't let his wife work outside the home, but they also don't work.

I get that some might be self employed, but not everyone can be self employed. And even when those men are self employed they don't seem to work consistently, a la Gil Bates.

I do wonder if the scandals of Bill Gothard/IBLP coming to a head almost a year ago made the difference. With BG kicked out, and now Esther and John realizing it(still doing the research on their ministry in Zambia) I imagine there was a lot of re-evaluation on the part of the Keller parents. The younger brothers, well, at least one of them is now of age, and probably is questioning it too. There may have been breakdowns we will never know about. But, I imagine this is a start of healing. Thanks for sharing it. Stories of such family healing have been shared on Recovering Grace; let's see if there's more.

I don't think it's a great idea to post a pic of someone's FB and post it on a public forum without their permission. There are also minors on those pics who did not ask for their picture to be dragged and discussed over the internet.

Josh and Anna have the cutest kids out of the whole bunch.

I think they are all pretty cute kids. The little girls in front are both very pretty. The M kids are cute, it is hard to see the other kids clearly in the pic, but they are probably cuties too

Thanks so much for the information about the Keller kids. I thought Esther was the oldest. Does anyone know if the youngest 2 boys r twins.

I don't think they're twins. Here is an older picture of the family they appear to be different ages.

tumblr_mlambkaxpf1s1nwhmo1_500.png

I wouldn't say any of those kids are cuter than the other. All of the grandkids are totally adorable! And they all have a similar look- you can totally tell they are cousins.

Anna looks exactly like her older brother!

Rebekah is very pretty in that throwback pic, and is still. Pris was pretty adorable, too. lol at Esther, though. Her hair has not changed.

Frankly, I think all the four Keller girls have the exact same, somewhat forced-looking smile in that picture. It may just be the way their smiles look when they're forced. I'm not about to interpret anything into that.

I don't think it's a great idea to post a pic of someone's FB and post it on a public forum without their permission. There are also minors on those pics who did not ask for their picture to be dragged and discussed over the internet.

I would agree, except that their FB is public.

Josh :pink-shock: ... He looks like he's pushing 40.

I was gonna say...he's picked up the weight again. He looked like he was getting a handle on the weight issues for awhile but whoa..

Archived