IGNORED

Will There Ever be a Duggar-Bates Wedding?

roddma

I don't see Josiah with Carlin. I don't see Josiah with any of the Bates girls. I haven't really seen any girl in the fundie circles I'd think he would be a good match with.

Frankly, I hope he stays single, but moves out on his own.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since these kidults have no other options but to marry I was rooting for Jessa to hook up with Lawson Bates but noooooo she had to be a cradle robbing pervert and go for the child bridegroom that is Ben Seewald (Seawald? Seeweed? whatever). Lawson could still go for Jinger though. Hell, even Jana, because although Jana/Lawson's age difference is about the same as Jessa/Ben's Lawson is 22 and a half, not BARELY legal, like Ben. Plus he seems to have much more going for him with his music and lawn business. Nathan is 21 but, as super mean as this is to say, the Duggar women are leagues above his butterface self. On the flip side the same goes for the adult Duggar men and Tori Bates. She deserves way better in the looks department than those trolls.

It's so weird how these families end up with gorgeous daughters and, for the most part, extremely unattractive sons.

NOT THAT LOOKS SHOULD MATTER, YEAH I'M BEING SHALLOW AND VAIN, ETC. ETC.

Does anyone remember years and years ago, back when the Bates family was first introduced on 17 Kids and Counting how everyone was rooting for an Erin and John David pairing? Ahahaha, she sure dodged that bullet.

Anyway, it almost seems inevitable that there will be a Duggar/Bates pairing someday just because of the sheer number of them. Even if it's in one of the subsequent generations and not any of the original 19 on either side. Or cross generational like Mackenzie Duggar marrying one of the two youngest Bates boys for example. It'll happen someday!

i seriously loved that you called him Seeweed :D

Oh my! I had seen the kidnapping "joke" mentioned several times but didn't know the details. I searched and found a video telling the story. I knew I could sense tension among the adults, now I am positive. This was not only juvenile and a horrible "joke" it was, in my opinion, unforgivable. You do not ever make a mother think her children are being kidnapped. No matter how much TLC made them laugh it off publicly, I seriously doubt Gil and Kelly found any real humor in his stunt. I seriously doubt they want any of their children tied to this disgusting man and his crotch fruit.

Oh my! I had seen the kidnapping "joke" mentioned several times but didn't know the details. I searched and found a video telling the story. I knew I could sense tension among the adults, now I am positive. This was not only juvenile and a horrible "joke" it was, in my opinion, unforgivable. You do not ever make a mother think her children are being kidnapped. No matter how much TLC made them laugh it off publicly, I seriously doubt Gil and Kelly found any real humor in his stunt. I seriously doubt they want any of their children tied to this disgusting man and his crotch fruit.

I know. There were so many things wrong with that entire situation. First, poor Kelly- having to laugh it off! I am sure she felt like it was her Christian "duty" to laugh it off and pretend all was well. Second, I cannot figure out how any father could think that that was an appropriate joke! I know that my Mom used to have a moment of panic when I was little if she would turn around at the mall to see that I was missing. Usually I had just walked over to another section over the counter or I was looking at something a few feet away, but not seeing me where I was just a second ago would freak her out! I cannot imagine how anyone would think getting in your friends car and driving away with her children-- without telling her you were doing it (!!!!!) would be in any way appropriate!

I really do not understand what he was thinking.

Do you have a link to this? I've not heard the story before.

Do you have a link to this? I've not heard the story before.

That would be great. I also read so much about it but never seen them talk about it.

That would be great. I also read so much about it but never seen them talk about it.

Sorry, I have to post from my phone and even that is a serious challenge, so I can't post a link. If you type Jim Bob kidnaps Bates children into Google and search videos you should find it. It's honestly so shocking! It makes it even worse that Jim Bob was headed to buy flowers for his father's funeral, with his mother in tow, when he did this. :wtf:

I agree. While Kelly was chatting away it seemed that J'chelle did not have much to say other than her constant repeatings of "new season of life".

I do think the kids get along quite well with each other but I never had the feeling between J'chelle/Boob and Kelly/Gil (but I am sure they don't hate each other). I agree that the relationship between the two families was fostered by TLC as I can't imagine they would have visited each other on a regular basis without the TV show. At Big Sandy they might have talked to each other because their kids were the same age and both had more or less the same amount of kids but aside from that they don't seem to have much in common. Promoting those two huge families are best friends was just great for the ratings.

I'm going to guess that J'chelle doesn't have ANY close friends. She is waaaaaaaay too far out there to relate to anyone. :cray-cray: :cray-cray: :cray-cray: :cray-cray: :cray-cray: :cray-cray:

That is not even a teensy bit funny. I would have slapped the shit out of Jim Bob and let the police come. :fyingpan:

[sorry, I have to post from my phone and even that is a serious challenge, so I can't post a link. If you type Jim Bob kidnaps Bates children into Google and search videos you should find it. It's honestly so shocking! It makes it even worse that Jim Bob was headed to buy flowers for his father's funeral, with his mother in tow, when he did this. :wtf:

OMFG WTH Jim Bob! That's....well...hell, I don't think a word has been invented to describe that!

I remember Michelle pointing out in an episode that she was slightly ahead in the baby hoarding competition. I think they like each other. Why else would the bates' let JB remodel their home?

I know. There were so many things wrong with that entire situation. First, poor Kelly- having to laugh it off! I am sure she felt like it was her Christian "duty" to laugh it off and pretend all was well. Second, I cannot figure out how any father could think that that was an appropriate joke! I know that my Mom used to have a moment of panic when I was little if she would turn around at the mall to see that I was missing. Usually I had just walked over to another section over the counter or I was looking at something a few feet away, but not seeing me where I was just a second ago would freak her out! I cannot imagine how anyone would think getting in your friends car and driving away with her children-- without telling her you were doing it (!!!!!) would be in any way appropriate!

I really do not understand what he was thinking.

JB and Michelle have had the buddy system for probably as long as they can remember. He probably has no idea what it's like to turn around and not know where a kid is because there's always someone else doing that for him.

That said, Michelle was horrified that he would do such a thing. Like she tried to act sweet for the camera, but you could tell. He probably got an earful. I think that alone was probably what saved the Bates/Duggar friendship. If she had defended him, it probably would have been grounds for a feud. But, I dont think that Kelly trusts JB very much. Gil, I think, probably looks down on JB but trusts him enough to allow their kids to interact, and I think that Kelly and Michelle like each other (I don't really see Kelly as competing with Michelle; though Michelle probably does compete with her on some level, even if it's all in her head).

I also think the Duggar kids genuinely like each other. And, I believe there may have been a point in time where everyone was hoping for a Zach/Jana pairing, but it didn't work out for whatever reason. I know a lot of people are pulling for Josiah and Carlin or Josiah and Tori. I personally know very little about either of those girls, and I have no idea what kind of relationship they have with Josiah so I can't speculate myself. But, I do think that Tori and Josiah would make a cute couple just based on their looks.

But, somewhere down the line of kids, it's bound to happen that they pair up at least once. Their pool of prospective families isn't that large and it's probably going to be pretty hard to find suitors for all 38 kids without looking to the other family. I don't know if any Duggars will match with any Bates until the show ends, though. JB and Michelle want to keep the kids close for filming and parading around, and I don't see Gil and Kelly as wanting to send their children away to Arkansas to live close to the Duggars.

I rewatched the episode where the bates and duggar women go camping and honestly I can't say I saw any tension between Kelly and Michelle.

I thought the filming of them having their "heart to heart" about kids marrying, etc was done at a very odd angle. The way Michelle was sitting, made it hard for her to really face Kelly the way you would normally do, when talking.

I did not get the feeling that kelly was annoyed with Michelle. The feeling I always get from Michelle is that she is constantly editing her comments to stay on point. She has very few things that she says outside of her stock replies. I think when the camera is off, a very different Michelle is shown.

I think she probably has more spunk and spark. I am not a Michelle fan, but a middle aged woman who will outdo her kids wakeboarding, and will go skydiving, is a woman who still has some life in her. I am just a couple of years older than she is and I wouldn't do those things. I also remember an episode where she and JB were working on their book and she was not shy about disagreeing with JB on some of content or where she wanted certain pictures placed.

Also on some of the episodes where they take questions from fans, etc, sometimes you can just see on her face she is annoyed.

My money is placed on the bet that within the walls of the TTH, she rules the roost. She may let JB do his grifting businesses, and turn courting young men into his little bitches, but I firmly believe she metaphorically wears the pants in that family and I think she is more entrenched in the ATI/QF beliefs than JB is. I think JB does it because he gets to reap the advantages. He has a wife who is doctrinally obligated to agree to sex whenever he wants, he has a bevy of children he can pimp out for appearances, the show, etc. Because of their celebrity he gets to play Big Man on Campus within his social group. And he doesn't have to get up at dawn everyday and get dressed and go to a traditional job. Sounds like a good life for him.

So, while Kelly was waxing philosophical about her daughters growing and marrying off; the next generation, etc, Michelle was just saying her family line of "Season of life" etc.

I think when the cameras went away, she and Kelly probably had a more relaxed conversation.

My money is placed on the bet that within the walls of the TTH, she rules the roost. She may let JB do his grifting businesses, and turn courting young men into his little bitches, but I firmly believe she metaphorically wears the pants in that family and I think she is more entrenched in the ATI/QF beliefs than JB is. I think JB does it because he gets to reap the advantages. He has a wife who is doctrinally obligated to agree to sex whenever he wants, he has a bevy of children he can pimp out for appearances, the show, etc. Because of their celebrity he gets to play Big Man on Campus within his social group. And he doesn't have to get up at dawn everyday and get dressed and go to a traditional job. Sounds like a good life for him.

Agreed! Another plus for Jim Bob is that the woman who he probably always thought was out of his league has to look towards him and follow his lead at least publically. I bet he loves it when Michelle looks at him while he prattles on with a big smile on his face. I definitely don't think Jim Bob is lying when he says that he's always left it up to Michelle to have more children.

Oops. I added that link on my phone. So if your not mobile just remove the m. And the link should work

Oops. I added that link on my phone. So if your not mobile just remove the m. And the link should work

Thanks, now it works.

After watching it, I can't say anything else than: Jim Bob, you are an idiot! :angry-banghead:

I remember Michelle pointing out in an episode that she was slightly ahead in the baby hoarding competition. I think they like each other. Why else would the bates' let JB remodel their home?

Because the Bates are so poor and hey, free renovations!

Also in a way, I'd like to think that JB saw they needed a hand and roped the Christian builder and TLC into helping because they were poor.

I think Kelly and Michelle get along fine... I think Michelle just doesn't know how to act around other adults ever. She's so used to either being in her "mommy mode" or preaching to pulpit.

Other examples: Michelle didn't act like an adult during the Jamberry party. She has very forced interactions with her older children. Her weird baby voice in her talking heads.

Kelly has some social graces and can entertain her peers. Michelle can have babies... and that's all she really has.

And it's clear that JB gets on everyone's last nerve.

If they did what would the portmanteau be: Buggar, D'Bates, or Batgar?

tlc.com/tv-shows/19-kids-and-counting/videos/jim-bob-pulls-a-prank.htm

At the end of that clip, JB, Michelle and Kelly are standing around and JB says 'you wouldn't believe me if i said it was Grandma Mary's idea' :roll:

Then Kelly says, no way I've known Grandma too long and she would never do anything like that.

Then, it's like Kelly catches herself and has to throw Amy under the bus to make JB feel better, since she called him out.

Kelly says something like, Now i would believe it of Amy but she didn't do anything wrong this time. (emphasis mine)

So i think from the way Kelly shoved the focus from JB being a jerk to Amy being "bad" that Kelly is just as judgy toward non-fundies as any of them. The new show on UP is going to show the ugly side of the Bates, just like TLC does for the Duggars.

And he did this while preparing for his dad's funeral. That makes Michelle look like the sane spouse.

JimBob is a Boob.

I think that if they didn't have their shows what-so-ever, there would be at least one pairing to keep family relations rosy. But since they have some fundie fame now, they aren't limited to their little bubbles.

Archived