IGNORED

This Gothard Fella

JessaJessa

So, totally curious here, how do you guys know so much about this Gothard fella that the Duggars follow? I am fairly new here and have never heard of him before now. I live in a pretty liberal part of CA, so most of the churches are super laid back. I've never heard of a Pastor (or whatever he is) have so many rules for his followers.

So for example, how do some of you know that he prefers young women's hair to be long and wavy? Not straight, or curly, but wavy. Did he put out a book of rules or something?

Have the Duggars admitted to following this guy? Do all people who attend these conferences like ATI follow Gothard?

The internet has various "search engines" One of them is Google.com you can search and find a lot of information there!

I don't have time to type out a proper response, but ATI,Alert,and Journey to the Heart are all Gothard's programmes. You can't just accidentally sign up without knowing about him. ATI is not a home school curriculum you can buy like most of the others. It's a whole lifestyle package and you need to attend all of Gothard's basic seminars and be approved before they'll let you join.

since the duggars follow the ati homeschooling, he and his beliefs are central to some of our discussions here. he's an...interesting fellow. google should help you out, or you can read around here. he's a real work. basically, an old, single guy telling families how to make marriage and raising kids work (and how to homeschool said kids).

Recoveringgrace.org will give you all sorts of first hand experiences. The mans a controlling perv. No way are there women within the Duggars or Bates that went his pets. Of course, the families are in so deep they would put it all on the woman to not be angry because that's not godly.

Here's the link to the site that talks about Gothard's cult: recoveringgrace.org/

The facebook page: facebook.com/recovergrace

twitter: twitter.com/RecoverGrace

Stories on Homeschoolers Anonymous about being in ATI: homeschoolersanonymous.wordpress.com/category/inside-ati-a-homeschooling-cult/

Wow, thanks for the info. I had googled Gothard before but never gothard and Duggar together. Duh. Man, what a can of worms! Off to read more. :pink-shock: :)

Archived