IGNORED

did these rolls fail? video

doggie

I have not made rolls in years since we can't eat wheat but it has never been an issue I used to be good at it. but these were pretty rich had high gluten white flour and stone ground hole wheat thats about usual. 6 cups total 1/2 each I used about 6oz of great butter melted in and some canned milk and a small bottle of honey. usually I don't add anything but salt and a little sugar besides yeast.

but they sat for over a hour and did not move and I put them into balls to see if the oven would help it did not.

wife ate some dough and said they were not yeasty. not sure if I needed two packs for such rich dough or it was dead. I backed them for 10 minutes saw they were dead and turned off the oven. I could sell these at ferguson.

[bBvideo 560,340:3g0mkw93]

[/bBvideo]

I'm sorry :( It sucks when recipes don't work out after all the effort and ingredients. It could have been anything - the atmosphere, humidity, who knows. Hope the rest of the day was better!

Bread to me is one of the easiest things to make almost never fails. I mixed it in my food processor and it seemed strange real heavy and stiff. But it had been a long time since I made bread. We decided to have a wheat splurge and bough good bread and had bread and butter, French toast with some fantastic maple syrup aged in whisky barrels and toasted cheese sandwiches with great cheese

Bread to me is one of the easiest things to make almost never fails. I mixed it in my food processor and it seemed strange real heavy and stiff. But it had been a long time since I made bread. We decided to have a wheat splurge and bough good bread and had bread and butter, French toast with some fantastic maple syrup aged in whisky barrels and toasted cheese sandwiches with great cheese

That's definitely worth going through a flopped recipe! :D

The yeast may have been old. Even if you recently bought it, some stores have a very low turnover and the yeast might not have been the freshest.
that's what I was thinking I usually get it from a big store no biggie

How much yeast did you use? Was it proofed?

I know I have to be extra careful in the winter to keep things warm enough for the yeast or it takes forever to rise.

Archived