IGNORED

The Duggar Family A Cult?

grandmadugger

This boggles my mind. I would guess the person I'm thinking of is more widely known than the Duggars but I could walk into the church he and his wife attend any Sunday I want to. I don't have to send in a request to attend. I guess they don't understand the "Spread the good word" thing.

This is why it drives me bonkers that Ben and Jessa's story starts with "Ben went to Jessa's church" as if it was an open building that anyone could walk into from off the street. That is most decidedly NOT the case for the Duggar's home church but TLC and who-all else spits this out.

This is just another example of the sly side of TLC and the Duggars themselves. The truth is the Duggars homechurch, which apparently means they meet with some other carefully vetted people in a warehouse, but most of the rest of people are going to read "Ben went to Jessa's church" and in their minds see a picture of a church building and think Ben showed up in Jessa's Sunday School class or sat in the pew behind her but that is just not the case.

C'mon Duggars/TLC, fess up with how Ben went to meet Jessa at her church!!!!elventy!!!

Yeah, I think I read a post somewhere where Jill had said they were either going to church or had just returned from church, something like that.

"Church" in that sense could have meant a gathering a the TTH compound.

"Church" in that sense could have meant a gathering a the TTH compound.

I think it was Jill's instagram that I read it on. It gave the impression that she wasn't with her family for church. Now I don't know if that's every week or every other week or what but I got the impression that at least part of the time they are in regular church.

It's been reported in another thread that J & D are going to Cross Chruch and J & B are attending one near B's family.

It's been reported in another thread that J & D are going to Cross Chruch and J & B are attending one near B's family.

Yes, this. Someone said someone on Reddit said that. I believe it was the "where are Ben and Jessa Living?" Thread.

Yes, this. Someone said someone on Reddit said that. I believe it was the "where are Ben and Jessa Living?" Thread.

I was starting to think I had dreamt that. I was almost sure that J&D were attending a more mainstream church. I am checking out the church's website. They have a dance ministry wonder how Jill feels about that?

So, if Jessa and Ben are attend a church near Ben's family, then that means they live in or near Hot Springs, right?

These home churches were you have to be invited to attend, screams cult to me. According to my ministers, when they started their church, it started out as a home church until a building could be located (this was before I began attending services there), but anybody was welcome to attend. We open our doors to anyone who wants to attend. Otherwise how can such a church be considered evangelical? You can't spread the Gospel by isolating your congregation.

This boggles my mind. I would guess the person I'm thinking of is more widely known than the Duggars but I could walk into the church he and his wife attend any Sunday I want to. I don't have to send in a request to attend. I guess they don't understand the "Spread the good word" thing.

I find that insane. It's the complete opposite of what a church is meant to be about. A good church should be open to anyone who wants to come in. Jesus preached in public places so that anyone who wanted to could stop and listen, no matter what their background or place in the social hierarchy of the time. Blocking off a church and making it some sort of exclusive club is the exact opposite of what it is meant to be about.

Also, KJV: I swear it's so that the Bible seems more confusing/obtuse and these undereducated people can't understand enough to question what they are reading. Again, Jesus preached to people in their own language (Aramaic rather than Hebrew) and in Acts it has the Disciples preaching and everyone hearing their own language so they could all understand the message.

The Bible makes it clear that God wanted His message to be made available to everyone, which is the exact opposite of what the Duggars are doing with their church.

Archived