IGNORED

Jana with Tim Tebow?

bookgirl14

Radar Online has jumped on the Jana + Tebow bandwagon. Their sources: Amy's Instagram and a Duggar "insider" FJ. They even quote whomever posted that "a Jana + Tebow wedding would be a feather in [Jim Bob's] cap."

radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/12/jana-duggar-tim-tebow-dating-amy-duggar/?utm_source=fb-AmDuggarConfirmsCourtship&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=facebook

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Radar Online has jumped on the Jana + Tebow bandwagon. Their sources: Amy's Instagram and a Duggar "insider" FJ. They even quote whomever posted that "a Jana + Tebow wedding would be a feather in [Jim Bob's] cap."

radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/12/jana-duggar-tim-tebow-dating-amy-duggar/?utm_source=fb-AmDuggarConfirmsCourtship&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=facebook

Really the media outlets need to start paying for FJ's web hosting fees if they are just going to quote posts from here.

They need to pay you first Grandma!

They need to pay you first Grandma!

That's sweet but keeping the site going is far more important to me. I finally have an outlet for my snarky comments about this jerkwads.

youngcons.com/tim-tebow-just-announced-incredibly-exciting-news

Tim Tebow, through his foundation, announced that he is opening a hospital in the Philippines, focusing on impoverished children. It wont open until 2015 but apparently has some patients already.

The main conditions that hospital will specialize in are clubfoot, bowed legs, cleft palate and other congenital limb abnormalities that are commonly treated in the Western world.

The Duggars are obsessed with Honduras, right? I wonder if Jana will be making a special mission trip to the Philippines for the grand opening soon. That would be quite telling.

The Philippines, do you say? Forget the Duggars - Nathan Bates has had a 'burden' for the Philippines and has been going on mission trips for a while there. Remember that rumour a few weeks back that Tim Tebow was after some Christian personality's 'barely legal' daughter? Clearly they were hinting at 18-year-old Tori Bates! Reliable sources have told me this in confidence... :shhh:

The Philippines, do you say? Forget the Duggars - Nathan Bates has had a 'burden' for the Philippines and has been going on mission trips for a while there. Remember that rumour a few weeks back that Tim Tebow was after some Christian personality's 'barely legal' daughter? Clearly they were hinting at 18-year-old Tori Bates! Reliable sources have told me this in confidence... :shhh:

I think Tim was actually born in the Philippines. His parents were missionaries there and he's done a lot of stuff in that country. Tim and Tori would make Jim Bob's head explode.

I think Tim was actually born in the Philippines. His parents were missionaries there and he's done a lot of stuff in that country. Tim and Tori would make Jim Bob's head explode.

Michelle's head would explode to see Kelly beaming over her handsome, new, wealthy, son-in-law.

Michelle's head would explode to see Kelly beaming over her handsome, new, wealthy, son-in-law.

I really shocked one of their heads haven't exploded over the fact that the Bates already have a Senator as an in-law. So far the Duggars have the Kellers who are nothing to write home about, Cathy Dillard who sinned so much she got cancer, and the Seewalds who use some sort of family planning, let the females wear pants, work, dance, and listen to secular music. You just know they are trying to figure out why they aren't getting "the good ones".

the Seewalds who use some sort of family planning,".

Just curious where this comes from? I wouldn't be surprised, since the whole quiverfull thing is unusual even among conservative Christians.

But they have 7 kids, which seems like well within the normal range for couples who don't practice birth control.....and she's still in her 30s, so could potentially still have more children. Although since the youngest is 5 ish, it's certainly possible that they either decided to stop at 7, or had some sort of birth or medical complication that made more children unlikely or impossible.

Just wondering if they had made some sort of statement saying they weren't opposed to or practiced some sort of family planning -- that would be very interesting if Ben shared that belief and Jessa and Jim Bob approved of him anyway.

Just curious where this comes from? I wouldn't be surprised, since the whole quiverfull thing is unusual even among conservative Christians.

But they have 7 kids, which seems like well within the normal range for couples who don't practice birth control.....and she's still in her 30s, so could potentially still have more children. Although since the youngest is 5 ish, it's certainly possible that they either decided to stop at 7, or had some sort of birth or medical complication that made more children unlikely or impossible.

Just wondering if they had made some sort of statement saying they weren't opposed to or practiced some sort of family planning -- that would be very interesting if Ben shared that belief and Jessa and Jim Bob approved of him anyway.

With family planning they more than likely plan around her periods more than anything.

7 kids in 20 years is one every 3 years or so. That just leads me to believe they did something to space the kids out plus the youngest one is 5 so they stopped having kids around the time they were 35.

ETA I know lots of very conservative christians who have no issues with birth control. Most either take it or have taken it depending on age. Those who are done with kids and don't want to use it their husband had the snippy snip snip done.

7 kids in 20 years is one every 3 years or so. That just leads me to believe they did something to space the kids out plus the youngest one is 5 so they stopped having kids around the time they were 35.

ETA I know lots of very conservative christians who have no issues with birth control. Most either take it or have taken it depending on age. Those who are done with kids and don't want to use it their husband had the snippy snip snip done.

I think there's a difference between not actively trying and using a birth control method, though. And, it's hard to know what kind of family dynamics they had -- they might not have felt they had the opportunity to have sex with little ones running around. I have a bunch of friends who have 2/3 year olds who constantly complain that they haven't had much of an opportunity to be intimate with their spouse since the child was born. Plus, they homeschool, so there's not that whole "while the kids are away" opportunity.

As for stopping around 35, it's very possible that she hit menopause early. Menopause can happen any time after 30 (though before 32 is rare).

Not everyone has the fertility of Michelle Duggar or Kelly Bates. A lot of families who don't use birth control wind up with 5-8 kids, and some women just can't get pregnant once they hit their mid-late 30s.

I think there's a difference between not actively trying and using a birth control method, though. And, it's hard to know what kind of family dynamics they had -- they might not have felt they had the opportunity to have sex with little ones running around. I have a bunch of friends who have 2/3 year olds who constantly complain that they haven't had much of an opportunity to be intimate with their spouse since the child was born. Plus, they homeschool, so there's not that whole "while the kids are away" opportunity.

As for stopping around 35, it's very possible that she hit menopause early. Menopause can happen any time after 30 (though before 32 is rare).

Or even if she hasn't hit menopause, most women are just become much less fertile as they move through their thirties. Combine that with a house full of kids, and the opportunities for conception dwindle quite a bit. Plus all the various medical reasons that she might not be able to have more children after the last baby. Or the very common, but often unexplained, " secondary" infertility - although I don't know if they have a technical name for infertility after seven kids :)

I was just wondering if they had actually talked about this, or if it was just speculation -- because if they did openly advocate birth control, even natural, casual methods like not really doing full-on NFP but just avoiding sex/doing other kinds of sex , when they think she might be fertile ---- that's a pretty big deal in the Duggar world, right? Aren't Quiverfull people supposed to always be open to pregnancy?

Of course, the parents could be okay with family planning and Ben isn't, so I guess that would make it okay with Jessa /Jim Bob? Or maybe Jessa is okay with using NFP for child spacing - if not full on limiting family size with artificial / permanent methods?

I've got to think that Cathy Dillard almost certainly used birth control, so it seems the Duggars are fine with suitors whose families' beliefs may not 100% line up with their own.

[align=justify][/align]

I've got to think that Cathy Dillard almost certainly used birth control, so it seems the Duggars are fine with suitors whose families' beliefs may not 100% line up with their own.
It would be slim pickin's and old maid status for the girls if they were that particular. :lol:

It doesn't seem as though the Duggars are hard-core fundies anyway. They wouldn't have signed TLC contracts and submitted to all the scripting if they were strict. Their TV "ministry" would have ended at the specials.

(just my opinion)

You are right it would be very odd for her to only have two kids fairly close together and no others.

The Dillards seem to be fairly ordinary conservative Christians. I think Derick has just gone more fundie than his family. Will he stay that way via the influence of Jill and HER family? Only time will tell...

Isn't it possible Jana may be set up with one of the two other Tebow brothers that are single? Or already is speaking with one of them....that would make Tim's official statement less snarky and more making sure it was clear in the Media that he has no connection to her, before anything is announced with one of his brothers and Jana.

Isn't it possible Jana may be set up with one of the two other Tebow brothers that are single? Or already is speaking with one of them....that would make Tim's official statement less snarky and more making sure it was clear in the Media that he has no connection to her, before anything is announced with one of his brothers and Jana.

You know what, I think you're onto something...!

Well further sleuthing says he has two brothers Peter and Robby. Peter is very married but idk about Robby. He's attractive though. He looks wordly and not willing to put up with those crazy courtship rules. He honestly could find someone with less of a hang up. But if the couple truly sets their own rules who knows.

Archived