IGNORED

Jana with Tim Tebow?

bookgirl14

To be fair, they're still TREATED like teenagers. Even Jessa and Jill, despite being married, are treated like teens. They don't become women until the moment that first baby comes out.

Yeah, I don't blame them for it, because they've never had the opportunities most people in their late teens and early twenties have to grow up. Even Jill's only had five months where she's had to make simple decisions like whether to make a salad or order takeaway for dinner. She reminds me of me in my second-year of university (although her house is cleaner, I'll give her that), when living out on my own - in my case with friends, not a partner - was new and exciting.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet Jim Bob hasn't been quick to deny this rumor because he is hoping he can snag someone as rich and famous at Tebow. I actually hope this is true because at this rate Jana is going to be stuck raising J. Bob and Michelle's kids for life and then Josh and Anna's unless she gets married. At lest Tebow isn't her dad's lawn boy.

Probably because she and her sisters still act like teenagers :angry-banghead:

Jana at 24 and and Joy at 17 are the only two who I think act around their age. The others I want to knock 3-5 years off their actual ages.

What exactly do the Duggars have that Tim Tebow might want? Also, Tebow is now working for ESPN and evidently ABC. He's not moving out of the New York City area to go on the stinky bus to campaign for Jim Boob and J-Chelle's latest candidate.

Also, if anyone here has seen photos of his previous dates/girlfriends, "modest dress" does not seem to be high on his list of desirable attributes in a female...

JB wants yes men for his pretty princesses (which is why they aren't married to ATI royalty). A guy like Tim Tebow will not play by JB's rules.

Side note: It makes me wonder how much ass kissing Gil Bates had to do to pair his pretty princesses to ATI royalty and get on the BoD?

I think Boob might consider losing control of Jana if it was for a celeb that was even bigger than them. Tebow might fit the bill. Boob would believe that Tim and Jana could do amazing things for the Lord and in a public way. It might be worth it to him to have his daughter connected to that. Boob is probably thinking of how many new connections he could make by having Tebow as a SIL.

Having said that, I think with all this media attention claiming Tim and Jana might be "talking", has probably ruined any plans that were in the works between the parents.

Bad news for Tim and Jana shippers! Despite recent reports, Tim Tebow and 19 Kids and Counting star Jana Duggar are not dating, his rep tells Us Weekly in an exclusive statement.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/tim-tebow-dating-jana-duggar-theyve-never-even-182000441-us-weekly.html

Wasn't this just a rumor that grandmadugger or someone started on a rumor page?

Bad news for Tim and Jana shippers! Despite recent reports, Tim Tebow and 19 Kids and Counting star Jana Duggar are not dating, his rep tells Us Weekly in an exclusive statement.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/tim-tebow-dating-jana-duggar-theyve-never-even-182000441-us-weekly.html

Wasn't this just a rumor that grandmadugger or someone started on a rumor page?

Yeah it was just something I pulled out of my butt. Tim was the only super Christian famous person of the right age I could think of and then Pam had to have a picture taken with Pa and Ma.

I was at a Christmas party this weekend, and this very subject came up! I had keep quiet, because I knew that the rumor came from here and not a real source! :clap:

We all know that Tim Tebow would probably be one hell of a sinner by Duggar standards but Jim Bob/duggars really want this big shot athlete to marry his daughters because they're vain. I've seen many talk about how great it would be for Jana but I don't think a lot of people are actually thinking about it. She would probably end up being surrounded by these women that are the epitome of Nike and she would probably be expected to befriend some of these football wives. They have events they go to with *gasp* alcoholic beverages and I don't doubt that a lot of them will get drunk and Jana being sober Susan will be thrown into a completely different world. On top of this, do people honestly believe that Tim Tebow would be ok with a chaperone. He's 27! What grown man wants children to accompany him on dates with he and a potential unless jim Bob lets the chaperone thing fly to appease Tebow and ensure his daughter marries a big shot.

Tim Tebow doesn't play football anymore, so I dont imagine he runs in that circle unless he must. The "kids set the rules" would be the excuse given if any of his girls courted Tim Tebow.

I didnt see what everyone else was saying about him being kinda douchey but I see it now. I think the statement he released in regards to the situation was very rude; it pretty much broke down "please ive never even met this girl, let alone date her". He couldve kept a little sweeter and said "no, I have not had the pleasure of meeting any of the Duggars, sure theyre nice people" or something along those lines. His statement just gives me the feeling that he believes Jana is too beneath him to even consider, and thats very vain and rude. She dodged a big bullet.

I'm still trying to figure out how this whole Jana Duggar/Tim Tebow pairing got so ridiculously blown out of proportion. Didn't this begin as lighthearted speculation right here on Free Jinger?

We all speculate here, and most of it is in good fun, but it kind of sucks the way news sites are just taking those speculations and running them as gospel in their headlines here lately. Hell, it seems like the exact nanosecond somebody postulates a theory about a Duggar, it's being typed up and reprinted on various sites. And this is even after people who are discussing it in the same thread sometimes say, "It's just speculation, we don't know for sure."

And I agree, it seems like Tebow could have handled that question a lot more graciously than he did. Personally, I think Jana can do a lot better than him.

Some months ago I mentioned this in passing because I would like to see Jana, and the rest of the girls who are unmarried, marry someone who could out-alpha Jim Bob. I don't think Derick or Ben, however great they may be, are going to pull off alpha dominance over Jim Bob, at least not for some years.

So I threw out Tim Tebow because his light shines brighter than Jim Bob. It was never a serious suggestion but I could never see someone like Tebow bending the knee to JB.

I do see marriage as Jana, and her sisters, only real way out from underneath Jim Bob. I would like to see them marry men who wield more power than Jim Bob and while I don't actually see Tim & Jana as a couple, he is a well-known Christian and theoretically it could happen.

It's craziness to think something that got passed off here as idle speculation got picked up to the point that Tebow is making a public statement to refute it? Wild. But, I remember learning about yellow journalism - the media always wields a certain power and it's kinda jaw-dropping that idle speculation on a message board would get picked up as actual news... ugh. So much for fact-checking.

I would still like to see Jana, Jinger and the rest of the girls marry men who would not be kowtowing to JB.

Tim Tebow doesn't play football anymore, so I dont imagine he runs in that circle unless he must. The "kids set the rules" would be the excuse given if any of his girls courted Tim Tebow.

I didnt see what everyone else was saying about him being kinda douchey but I see it now. I think the statement he released in regards to the situation was very rude; it pretty much broke down "please ive never even met this girl, let alone date her". He couldve kept a little sweeter and said "no, I have not had the pleasure of meeting any of the Duggars, sure theyre nice people" or something along those lines. His statement just gives me the feeling that he believes Jana is too beneath him to even consider, and thats very vain and rude. She dodged a big bullet.

I agree, it was handled in a rude sort of way: usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/tim-tebow-dating-jana-duggar-theyve-never-even-met-his-rep-says-2014612

Especially since the last line in that article states he dated Camilla Belle "for a few months back in 2012". It could have been the US Mag writer who made it seem rude.

I googled that actress and the ONLY photo i could find of them that wasn't spliced together was a red-carpet photo that made Tebow look like her security guard - they're about 10 feet apart, she looks so above him and he looks like a fish out of water. :lol: So, whatever...

I agree Jana is better off without a guy like that, esp. since she doesn't like the spotlight.

Who says Jim Bob wants Tim Tebow to marry his daughter? Don't attack someone for something they have literally never said, implied, or hinted at. Internet rumours do not reflect Jim Bob Duggar's thoughts and opinions.

I've always thought Tim Tebow was a self-righteous mama's boy. I get the feeling he's been told he's one of God's favorite humans all his life and he believes it.

As to any sons-in-law, JimBob is a very insecure man. There is no way he would knowingly agree to a marriage between one of his daughters and a man who is clearly confident, strong, successful, and likely to tell JimBob to butt out once the marriage occurs. JimBob talks the talk about the husband being the headship, but in reality, he wants to control his children long into adulthood. His way to do that is to either find passive guys like Derrick, who currently drinks a lot of the kool-aid; or knuckleheads like Ben who willingly agree to be financially dependent on JB.

I seriously hope Derrick has sound financial sense. If JB is allowing them to live rent-free (or at a greatly reduced rent) in that house, Derrick out to be putting as much money into savings as possible. That way, should he one day get tired of being under JimBob's thumb, he'll have the financial means to support his family.

As to any sons-in-law, JimBob is a very insecure man. There is no way he would knowingly agree to a marriage between one of his daughters and a man who is clearly confident, strong, successful, and likely to tell JimBob to butt out once the marriage occurs. JimBob talks the talk about the husband being the headship, but in reality, he wants to control his children long into adulthood. His way to do that is to either find passive guys like Derrick, who currently drinks a lot of the kool-aid; or knuckleheads like Ben who willingly agree to be financially dependent on JB.

:worship: :worship: :worship:

THIS!!!! Jim Bob has a disgusting ego the size of the US and believes that he is the biggest and best man of all time, especially because his wife always wants to get down to business with him. :ew:

To him it's just a giant pissing contest.

As much as I was into the rumor, I'm glad for Jana that it's not happening. She deserves better. The official response was really dismissive and rude, and that's very telling.

I'm crossing my fingers for a fairly successful fella who won't let JB order him around and will want a more equal partnership than headship/submissive wife 100% of the time, in all things. (I hope that for all quiverfull girls and women, honestly.)

This morning my husband told me that while he was in the checkout line at the store he saw "Tim Tebow and one of those Duggar girls" on the front of People magazine. I told him all about how FJ started this rumor. He said 1.) It might not have been people magazine and 2.) they might have been photoshopped together.

My husband only knows about the Duggars through me. If this is the impression he has picked up then you can bet that the majority of non-Duggar watchers have gotten the same impression.

Let's face it... Jana probably turned Tebow down because she grew up with one egomaniac... she doesn't want to marry another. That's my pet theory and I'm sticking to it.

Jana might be pro at keeping sweet, but I don't think she's that much of a push over. I hope she's using these "rumors" as some kind of leverage against her dad to loosen the chain a little and let her live.

It looks like cousin Amy has made a statement of her own on the rumour.. via her Instagram. And now the online tabloids have picked that up as a new storyline of its own.

Archived