IGNORED

Time for the Stupid creationist of the year. - Merge

doggie

I wash my bags if they get dirty... But I had no idea I was supposed to wash them after meat, because I'm a vegetarian. So yes, there are people out there who don't know these things.

My stor puts the meat in plastic before putting it into my bag so I have not thought of that either.

I grew ip in a non religious home but at Chreismas we had a manger, and every year we added new animals. We have bunnies, a meerkat, osolot, a mariachi band, and this year I bought a cute panda. We also put my sons toy dinosaurs. It made me think of FJ and creationists. The Duggars should add dinosaurs too!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what do people in other countries who shop at open air markets do to carry raw meat home? A metal bowl? :think: (not snark, just genuinely wondering)

I bought meat at a UK market yesterday. It was all pre-packaged and vacuum sealed. It normally is, where I buy.

In Germany, I've never tried markets. My local butcher uses freezer bags for raw meat. Raw sausages/any type of cold cut/pre-boiled sausages are wrapped in greaseproof paper. Basically, anything that doesn't leak gets greaseproof paper, in my region.

what do people in other countries who shop at open air markets do to carry raw meat home? A metal bowl? :think: (not snark, just genuinely wondering)

Put into freezer bags, wrapped in paper (varies from meat paper, which is liquid proof, to simple sheets of old newspaper) and then usually carrying it home in a plastic bag or in the shopping baskets/tote bags they brought along. :-)

Really depends on the country and market.

I like to buy raw meat or fish at the weekly farmer´s market next town. Always get the meatpaper + plastic bag option. Or I could bring my own container.

Raw fish, on the other hand, is always wrapped into either tinfoil or the special tin foil lined little baggies, plus you get a temperature-isolated shopping bag if you buy higher quantities.

I wash my bags if they get dirty... But I had no idea I was supposed to wash them after meat, because I'm a vegetarian. So yes, there are people out there who don't know these things.

Raw meat is pretty much a germy nightmare. If you ever have cause to handle it, treat it as if it's the moldy scum on on a pot of month-old dal and wash everything it touches.

I've been washing my polypropolene bags in the washing machine for a decade and the oldest ones are just now starting to wear out. And, the wear is in the stitching, not the fabric. So, I vote yes for machine washing the polypropolene.

Great, thanks for the experience. :) Mine are "non-woven polypropolene" and actually do have a care tag (I checked yesterday). Hand wash, cold, line dry, and cool iron. As if I'm going to iron the darn things. :lol: They can go through the washer, a couple at a time, and I may be a rebel and use warm water, too. The seams on a couple are already iffy, so I need to see if the sewing machine can handle the heavier thread I have and do some repairs anyway. I'm more worried that the handles will get caught up in the agitator, but the other option is hand-washing in the bathtub. :roll: That's about as likely as me ironing the shopping bags.

Great, thanks for the experience. :) Mine are "non-woven polypropolene" and actually do have a care tag (I checked yesterday). Hand wash, cold, line dry, and cool iron. As if I'm going to iron the darn things. :lol: They can go through the washer, a couple at a time, and I may be a rebel and use warm water, too. The seams on a couple are already iffy, so I need to see if the sewing machine can handle the heavier thread I have and do some repairs anyway. I'm more worried that the handles will get caught up in the agitator, but the other option is hand-washing in the bathtub. :roll: That's about as likely as me ironing the shopping bags.

about the handles/agitator problem: putting bags inside a big pillowcase, then tying the top of the pillowcase in a knot, works really well.

You know the only life cycle analysis on cloth diapers included the resource cost of ironing them? People be crazy.

I've only had one washing machine out of eight which caught the handles (POS, it's my current one, I can't wait for it to die!).

The subject is so derailed it is in North Korea.

Par for the course. The only problem I have with it is remembering which thread has which derailment, because I can't remember which thread we were talking about jeans. :auto-swerve: :D

I have seen tons of derailments but this one from a ranting creationist to washing bags. No clue how they relate

I didn't listen to Fox's whole video but apparently she said something about bags being laced with salmonella so i guess it is kind of something she did talk about. :lol:

I didn't listen to Fox's whole video but apparently she said something about bags being laced with salmonella so i guess it is kind of something she did talk about. :lol:

Reusable shopping bags are the liberal left wing's way of getting rid of Christians by poisoning them all with salmonella. We liberal left wingers know that you can avoid this fate by washing your bags, but we're not about to let the Christian right in on the secret, so SHHHH.

Lord, I hope this woman does not catch wind of tonight's Colbert Report. He interviewed a real.live.dragon!!!!!!

It was kinda awesome, actually.

Archived