IGNORED

Duggar Thanksgiving

NotALoserLikeYou

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So does Michelle's sister have a partner? Would she even be welcome to come with Evelyn to the Duggar family Thanksgiving holiday?

I doubt she'd be welcome. I don't know a lot about Jchelle's family- are we sure this is the sister that's invited?

Michelle is from a more average sized large family, and all but one of them were girls, so she has about five sisters? I think either one or two of the oldest ones have passed away now, theres a really big age gap between oldest and youngest. It would be interesting if it was though-how would they make that work, and would they allow a LGBT relative to take their same sex partner to visit with them?

I'm having barbq for thanksgiving, since we don't have to impress a bunch of people. It's what we want for the 2 of us, and I'm already going to hell, so I may as well get used to the taste!

The Duggar menu seems skimpy, but if it means less work for the girls, more power to them!

Michelle is from a more average sized large family, and all but one of them were girls, so she has about five sisters? I think either one or two of the oldest ones have passed away now, theres a really big age gap between oldest and youngest. It would be interesting if it was though-how would they make that work, and would they allow a LGBT relative to take their same sex partner to visit with them?

Interesting that Michelle has a gay sibling. I think in her family (read it in their book) their were 5 kids, then a huge gap and then an sister and then Michelle. Her oldest sister (who was on the second special) had her second child a month after Michelle.

I wonder if they're expecting their guests to supply some sides? Might explain the skimpy menu (and makes sense in this case).

I'm glad to see Jessa and Jill going to the in-laws though!

Wasn't there an episode last year where the Duggars showed up at Smuggars early for Thanksgiving and Boob was an ass about it?

Yes. Oh ha ha we are supposed to be there tomorrow but we are going to be there in five hours! Looking forward to a delicious turkey dinner!

My first eye-opening clue to JB. He should have said - we'll be there in five hours with pizzas! Don't worry about anything! Maybe make some tea?

I wish Anna would have told JB to kiss her lily-white ass and eat turkey the next day as planned.

I wonder if they're expecting their guests to supply some sides? Might explain the skimpy menu (and makes sense in this case).

I'm glad to see Jessa and Jill going to the in-laws though!

I'm glad they are going too. Just to get them away from everything, see how other people do things around the holidays.

So, is this the lesbian sister? So they can show how they are so not homophobes to everyone.

I'll bet there's cameras present for a VERY SPECIAL episode of 19KAC. After all, it's important that MEchelle shows she "hates the sin but loves the sinner", isn't it?

:angry-banghead:

would they allow a LGBT relative to take their same sex partner to visit with them?

My future SIL and her partner are always welcomed my house. If other guests (including family) don't like it or disrespect them, they will be shown the door.

Wasn't there an episode last year where the Duggars showed up at Smuggars early for Thanksgiving and Boob was an ass about it?

code]. Was that the episode Boob was calling Josh telling him they were going to be late after leaving the Bates?

code]. Was that the episode Boob was calling Josh telling him they were going to be late after leaving the Bates?

Nope that was later.

I would be shocked if the sister they are talking about is gay. Doesn't one of her other sisters live in Arkansas? That's most likely the sister that will be coming for Thanksgiving.

Was that the episode Boob was calling Josh telling him they were going to be late after leaving the Bates?

In the "Anna cooks a Turkey" episode, JB actually calls to tell them he'll be there early. (due to a storm they left early) Meanwhile josh and some random hottie "friend" paint the guest room.

Just in case anyone cares.

ibtimes.com/michelle-duggar-reveals-jessa-jills-thanksgiving-plans-how-many-turkeys-it-takes-feed-1729155

2 large turkeys and

I bolded one dish .... wtf is that? It's giving tatertot casserole a run for it's money.

Im glad that two of the married Duggars will be spending Thanksgiving with their partner's families instead. I really hope that Jessa gets closer to Ben's side of the family, they seem more normal than her own family. They also might encourage her to try new things, or at least get to know her more than her own mother does.

This makes my heart warm. And J'Uterus must be quietly fuming inside. :nenner:

edited for bad spelling

I bolded one dish .... wtf is that? It's giving tatertot casserole a run for it's money.

I found this recipe

cookingwithcarrie.blogspot.ca/2010/11/grandmas-noodle-gravy.html?m=1

Looks like the usual Duggar slop?

I found this recipe

cookingwithcarrie.blogspot.ca/2010/11/grandmas-noodle-gravy.html?m=1

Looks like the usual Duggar slop?

You are a heroic soul to even gander a look for that. The usual barf on a plate.

You are a heroic soul to even gander a look for that. The usual barf on a plate.

My hubs is from a large family. The Duggars generally eat what my hubs refers to as "Belly Filler". Barf on a plate, indeed.

Turkey and homemade noodles is yummy and we usually eat that the 2nd day after thanksgiving with left overs. I can't imagine pouring that on mashed potatoes though.

When I make it, it has carrots, celery and onions in it and I have event stirred in some left over green bean casserole, if I didn't have much of that left over.

I make the sauce for it from scratch, not from a can of cream of chicken soup, and I usually use the carcass of the turkey to cook in some broth to make a richer stock. It is very good, comfort food and a great way to use up left overs.

usually of the first day for left overs we have hot turkey sandwiches, which is a slice of left over homemade bread that has been buttered and grilled, a scoop of left over potatoes, turkey and gravy on top. It is served open-faced.

Again, comfort food, not healthy and may not look good to the eye in the way that gourmet food does, but it tastes good, dammit!! :lol:

Turkey and homemade noodles is yummy and we usually eat that the 2nd day after thanksgiving with left overs. I can't imagine pouring that on mashed potatoes though.

When I make it, it has carrots, celery and onions in it and I have event stirred in some left over green bean casserole, if I didn't have much of that left over.

I make the sauce for it from scratch, not from a can of cream of chicken soup, and I usually use the carcass of the turkey to cook in some broth to make a richer stock. It is very good, comfort food and a great way to use up left overs.

usually of the first day for left overs we have hot turkey sandwiches, which is a slice of left over homemade bread that has been buttered and grilled, a scoop of left over potatoes, turkey and gravy on top. It is served open-faced.

Again, comfort food, not healthy and may not look good to the eye in the way that gourmet food does, but it tastes good, dammit!! :lol:

Noodles over mashed potatoes must be another regional thing. I've never had it any other way but I know most people outside of the area thinks it's just crazy. We serve it with chunks of raw onion to scoop up all the potatoes and juice.

Despite viewing what looks like a poor diet in the Duggar household, the kids all look remarkably healthy. Good hair, skin ( other than some normal teenaged acne) and it doesn't seem like they get ill often.

So maybe they are eating healthier off screen? W

It's quite common in the Midwest to eat chicken and noodles over mashed potatoes, so I would guess turkey and noodles with the taters would also be good. It isn't healthy, but not many Thanksgiving foods are, and it's a comfort food when it's cold.

In my family turkey and homemade noodles is a leftover dish. As someone said above, it has celery and carrots and whatever veggies that would be good. Can't imagine that over mash though, yuk.

I recall Anna made a 10-12# turkey for the whole clan. Hardly worth the time to roast it and certainly not enough for everyone. I call scripted. :roll:

Archived