IGNORED

Duggar Thanksgiving

NotALoserLikeYou

The thanksgiving video on duggar family official has jinger GLARING at Michelle the entire time she is talking. That girl can see right through Michelle's fake sweet voice. Also two of the boys look bored to death playing chess. Their family dynamic looks so unnatural and awkward the way they all interact :(

It IS unnatural. They may not express anger or disappointment and must always give a "good report" on someone else. In short: "Keep Sweet." It's a house full of raging hormones and raging preschool/elementary tempers all of which must be kept locked down. There's nothing natural there.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Turkey and homemade noodles is yummy and we usually eat that the 2nd day after thanksgiving with left overs. I can't imagine pouring that on mashed potatoes though.

When I make it, it has carrots, celery and onions in it and I have event stirred in some left over green bean casserole, if I didn't have much of that left over.

I make the sauce for it from scratch, not from a can of cream of chicken soup, and I usually use the carcass of the turkey to cook in some broth to make a richer stock. It is very good, comfort food and a great way to use up left overs.

usually of the first day for left overs we have hot turkey sandwiches, which is a slice of left over homemade bread that has been buttered and grilled, a scoop of left over potatoes, turkey and gravy on top. It is served open-faced.

Again, comfort food, not healthy and may not look good to the eye in the way that gourmet food does, but it tastes good, dammit!! :lol:

We do a Turkey-noodle dish with leftovers every year just to switch up leftovers. We saute up all the leftover salad vegetables (sans lettuce) and to at least attempt to be healthy. This year I tried to be fancy but ended up scrapping my attempt at homemade noodles and made Turkey and dumplings. Ultimately it is comfort food, not health food and it would never appear on a magazine cover - but it is delicious.

Ray Ray acutally had a good idea this year. Put leftover stuffing/dressing (omg another debate) in a waffle iron to crisp it and then put a sunny side egg on top. Quite tasty!

I saw a recipe on TV that made pseudo meatballs out of stuffing, rolled in breadcrumbs, fried and then placed in turkey noodle soup. It looked tasty.

Ray Ray acutally had a good idea this year. Put leftover stuffing/dressing (omg another debate) in a waffle iron to crisp it and then put a sunny side egg on top. Quite tasty!

Sometimes she comes up with really good ideas... but they always need just a little bit longer than the 30 minutes she claims it takes. That stuffing waffle sounds interesting. Probably would be good with some sausage gravy too... mmmm

I bet you the Duggars buy turkeys that are deep fried or smoked. I just can't imagine anyone in that house paying enough attention to cook several whole turkeys. They burn easy stuff like heat and eat rolls. :D

Interesting that Blessa and Ben got out of dodge for the holiday. Does that mean JB gave Ben the day after Thanksgiving off from work? Wouldn't it be funny if Ben's family "gifted" them a place to live close to them. I think even an Airstream out in the Seewald driveway would be better than at the Duggar compound....

I bet you the Duggars buy turkeys that are deep fried or smoked. I just can't imagine anyone in that house paying enough attention to cook several whole turkeys. They burn easy stuff like heat and eat rolls. :D

Interesting that Blessa and Ben got out of dodge for the holiday. Does that mean JB gave Ben the day after Thanksgiving off from work? Wouldn't it be funny if Ben's family "gifted" them a place to live close to them. I think even an Airstream out in the Seewald driveway would be better than at the Duggar compound....

I'm pretty sure the bad cooking is just made up by TLC. I'm sure at least some of them would be decent cooks.

Archived