IGNORED

Duggar Thanksgiving

NotALoserLikeYou

It's quite common in the Midwest to eat chicken and noodles over mashed potatoes, so I would guess turkey and noodles with the taters would also be good. It isn't healthy, but not many Thanksgiving foods are, and it's a comfort food when it's cold.

It kind of sounds like Chicken and Dumplings (over mashed potatoes) which is not uncommon on Delmarva.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chicken and dumplings and chicken with noodles (or Turkey) are common dishes in the midwest as well. I do think there are regional differences with Dumplings. In my area, Dumplings are fluffy, like a biscuit, but in the south, I have seen dumplings that are more like a large square thick noodle. Also very yummy, but heavier.

I make dumplings with cut up tortillas. They puff up and are very thin, like I slaved over rolling them out for hours.

My husband was skeptical at first and now he loves them. If I use a rotisserie chicken and add some bouillon cubes, then add the tortillas and a jar of gravy, I can have dinner on the table in 15 minutes and it tastes better than his mother's recipe. That is the highest form of praise in this house! :stir-pot:

Turkey and homemade noodles is yummy and we usually eat that the 2nd day after thanksgiving with left overs. I can't imagine pouring that on mashed potatoes though.

When I make it, it has carrots, celery and onions in it and I have event stirred in some left over green bean casserole, if I didn't have much of that left over.

I make the sauce for it from scratch, not from a can of cream of chicken soup, and I usually use the carcass of the turkey to cook in some broth to make a richer stock. It is very good, comfort food and a great way to use up left overs.

usually of the first day for left overs we have hot turkey sandwiches, which is a slice of left over homemade bread that has been buttered and grilled, a scoop of left over potatoes, turkey and gravy on top. It is served open-faced.

Yes, noodles over mashed potatoes is the only way we eat it! I didn't realize it was regional though, I thought everyone ate it this way!

chicken and dumplings and chicken with noodles (or Turkey) are common dishes in the midwest as well. I do think there are regional differences with Dumplings. In my area, Dumplings are fluffy, like a biscuit, but in the south, I have seen dumplings that are more like a large square thick noodle. Also very yummy, but heavier.

Yeah dumplings can cause many a heated debate or it did in my family. One grandma made biscuit type dumplings the other made a thick noodle type dumpling. The odd thing was the "southern" grandma made the biscuit type and the "northern" grandma made the noodle type. I prefer the biscuit kind.

The duggars are thankful for jesus and the bible.

We are thankful for the Bible that reveals why God made each one of us and His loving plan and purpose for our lives.

2. We are also thankful that the Bible teaching us what God wants us to do and not do.

3. We are thankful for Jesus, God’s son who came to the earth 2000 years ago, who lived a perfect life and taught us the true meaning of life.

4. WE are thankful for the ten commandments that makes us realize that we all have lied, stolen something, or sinned in some way and need God’s mercy.

5. We are also thankful for Jesus who laid down His own life, suffered being tortured and executed to pay the penalty for the things we have done wrong.

6.We are thankful that we can know for sure that we are going to Heaven when we die by asking for Jesus's forgiveness, turning over the control of our life to Jesus and asking Him to take us to Heaven when we die.

7. We are thankful for the joy that comes into our life when we become a follower of Jesus and how life starts to make sense.

8. We are thankful how as we start reading the Bible, God will start directing our lives in a supernatural way.

9. We are thankful that we can talk to Jesus and share everything with Him, and that He loves us no matter what we have done.

10. We are thankful for God’s Holy Spirit that comes into our spirit after we become a follower of Jesus and helps us navigate thru life.

11. We are thankful for prayer, that it is not only us talking to Jesus, but Him also speaking to us in our heart and guiding our life.

12. We are thankful for all of the examples in the Bible of people to model our lives after.

13. We are thankful for the close fellowship and encouragement we can have with others who are also seeking to live for Jesus.

14. We are thankful for the closeness a family can have when each family member is committed to serving God and each other.

15. We are thankful for the joy that comes when we take the opportunity to share with others how they can also have a relationship with Jesus.

16. We are thankful for our country that was founded as one nation under God!

17. We are thankful for all of the women and men who are are in the military who are fighting to protect our freedom and we are thankful for those in the past who have even given their lives for our country.

18. We are thankful we live America, a country that even though it is not perfect, it is a beacon of hope to everyone in the world!

19. We are thankful for Thanksgiving Day, when each one of us can reflect on all of the blessings God has given us, and commit to make every day a thanksgiving day!

their list is so funny. No mention of kids, healthy babies, each other just Jesus which is nothing wrong with being thankful for jesus but they think everyone else whose different is going to hell

Wow, at least Jessa mentioned the people she is thankful for before anything else.

Did anyone see the Josie and Jason thanksgiving video Jessa has on her Facebook? Poor little Josie looks almost dirty. Like maybe with some buddies gone her bath time lost priority.

It kind of sounds like Chicken and Dumplings (over mashed potatoes) which is not uncommon on Delmarva.

What type of dumpling? Chicken and dumplings is also a common fall/winter comfort food in the Midwest. The dumplings are often very fluffy, like a biscuit. That seems odd with potatoes, to me, but noodles and potatoes don't sound weird.

I grew up in Maryland but my family never did chicken and noodles or dumplings, so I have no frame of reference from that end of the country! They're quite opinionated about crab cakes, though.

Wow, at least Jessa mentioned the people she is thankful for before anything else.

Did anyone see the Josie and Jason thanksgiving video Jessa has on her Facebook? Poor little Josie looks almost dirty. Like maybe with some buddies gone her bath time lost priority.

[bBvideo 560,340:b3os780c]http://youtu.be/0s8EVSMDTw8[/bBvideo]

wow. And then this is the second comment: :lol:

greed,sloth, and gluttony. Waste, selfishness,bad manners, ignorance. not super cute. Ignorance.

followed by the reply

you are stupid

and the first poster's only reply to that:

lol

:lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

"Joy, 17, will help mom in the kitchen by using her cooking “expertise†to whip up a traditional Green Bean Casserole."

I haven't read all the comments yet, but I can't get over how tossing a couple cans of green beans with a can of cream of mushroom soup and half a can of those fried onions, then into a bowl and "garnish" with the rest of the onions even gets "expertise" with the quotes. That crap is so easy to make that I not only remember it even though I only made it once decades ago, but in my family, it was the dish we let the little kids do so they could feel helpful, even though no one actually ate the bowl of nasty.

Soooo they are thankful for four things, one of which is spread out across 16 points.

What about being thankful they have family and friends who love them, thankful that they are going to have a new nephew/grandson, thankful that they are all healthy, thankful that Josie is doing well despite her rough start in life, thankful they have a roof over their heads and food to eat, nope. Just God. Im sure even the Maxwells are thankful for eachother.

I wouldn't eat anything at the Duggars. None of them know how to cook....and then there is Josie licking everything.....

Not to mention the hair... no one puts their hair up in that family.. remember Jessa and Jinger and Bens sisters cooking for Ben?? :ew:

4 girls with long hair and NONE of them did anything to pull it back or whatever..

gross gross gross.. hope everyone loves hair in their food!

Soooo they are thankful for four things, one of which is spread out across 16 points.

What about being thankful they have family and friends who love them, thankful that they are going to have a new nephew/grandson, thankful that they are all healthy, thankful that Josie is doing well despite her rough start in life, thankful they have a roof over their heads and food to eat, nope. Just God. Im sure even the Maxwells are thankful for eachother.

The Maxwells are thankful for Steve. BTW they have their "Thankful Hearts" post up.

Not to mention the hair... no one puts their hair up in that family.. remember Jessa and Jinger and Bens sisters cooking for Ben?? :ew:

4 girls with long hair and NONE of them did anything to pull it back or whatever..

What is wrong with eating Josie the Miracle child's saliva (except for everything)? :stir-pot: :ew: :wtf:

"Joy, 17, will help mom in the kitchen by using her cooking “expertise†to whip up a traditional Green Bean Casserole."

Didn't Jana and Jill do most of the cooking before? Maybe this is their "Well Joy, we've neglected you for all 17 years of your life, but now your older sister is gone so you have to learn how to cook now. Start with the green bean casserole."

Not dissimilar to how Jessa had to suddenly start cooking for everyone once she started courting Ben.

The thanksgiving video on duggar family official has jinger GLARING at Michelle the entire time she is talking. That girl can see right through Michelle's fake sweet voice. Also two of the boys look bored to death playing chess. Their family dynamic looks so unnatural and awkward the way they all interact :(

Interesting no details on who cooks the damn turkeys. They have an amazing set of appliances I would LOVE to use for the day!!! It would be a sin (a SIN!) to order out. Hire a cook!

I have pointed this out several times before, but you CANNOT just install restaurant ranges in the home. They require certain expensive modifications to the house in terms of insulation, firewalls, electrical and gas lines to bring the dwelling up to code. If you don't do this, your homeowner's insurance will be cancelled so fast it will make your head swim. I wouldn't be terribly surprised that the Duggar women have never been able to use those appliances that Boob bought used to save the difference.

I have pointed this out several times before, but you CANNOT just install restaurant ranges in the home. They require certain expensive modifications to the house in terms of insulation, firewalls, electrical and gas lines to bring the dwelling up to code. If you don't do this, your homeowner's insurance will be cancelled so fast it will make your head swim. I wouldn't be terribly surprised that the Duggar women have never been able to use those appliances that Boob bought used to save the difference.

The guests probably supplied the turkeys. We have seen that before with the cheapskates...invite people for dinner and they bring the meal.

They always do most of the food prep in the industrial kitchen but then use the ovens in the "pretty" kitchen, which are normal ovens. You're right, most of that restaurant stuff is probably not hooked up.

Also, having worked in fast food years ago, I know those soda dispenser lines can get really funky and unsanitary if they are not flushed and cleaned out regularly. J'Chelle had said they don't use it, but I have seen labels taped over some of the spouts, so they must be using it for something.

It's quite common in the Midwest to eat chicken and noodles over mashed potatoes, so I would guess turkey and noodles with the taters would also be good. It isn't healthy, but not many Thanksgiving foods are, and it's a comfort food when it's cold.

I live in the Midwest (Arndt territory) and I have never heard of this. I guess it's more AR midwest than southern IL midwest.

They always do most of the food prep in the industrial kitchen but then use the ovens in the "pretty" kitchen, which are normal ovens. You're right, most of that restaurant stuff is probably not hooked up.

Also, having worked in fast food years ago, I know those soda dispenser lines can get really funky and unsanitary if they are not flushed and cleaned out regularly. J'Chelle had said they don't use it, but I have seen labels taped over some of the spouts, so they must be using it for something.

That soda fountain was kind of a first clue that the Duggars aren't actually sticking to fundie ideals of being self-sufficient and DIY'ers :lol: or maybe it was one of those TLC things, since TLC finished their house, maybe they were like - oh fun! without thinking it through. Wasn't the show Trading Spaces on TLC? I can't remember. Whatever show used to make people go on short trips and totally eff up their living space with things that were relevant for like a year tops. My favorite was the beachy bedroom with a bunch of reeds stapled all over the ceiling as a bed canopy. :roll:

Whatever show used to make people go on short trips and totally eff up their living space with things that were relevant for like a year tops. My favorite was the beachy bedroom with a bunch of reeds stapled all over the ceiling as a bed canopy. :roll:

Yes, wow that was TLC in the good old days. (I even had a TLC Trading Spaces T-Shirt from the Discovery Store!) They always made those rooms look horrible. Thank God for HGTV, but I must say some of the craptastic stuff on the DIY channel isn't far from TLC's Trading Spaces.

Hair in the food, although a concern, was not my primary. Who the hell lets their kids cook with long hair near flammable appliances? Does ma Duggar want her daughters to take up residence in a burn unit? Well, I guess she'd love the attention, and the ability to be able to talk about God's goodness (Praise Jesus!). :roll:

Yes, wow that was TLC in the good old days. (I even had a TLC Trading Spaces T-Shirt from the Discovery Store!) They always made those rooms look horrible. Thank God for HGTV, but I must say some of the craptastic stuff on the DIY channel isn't far from TLC's Trading Spaces.

Oh I remember the show trading spaces. The one that I really remember was when one of the designers covered the entire living room walls with hay.

Archived