IGNORED

Duggar Thanksgiving

NotALoserLikeYou

Just in case anyone cares.

ibtimes.com/michelle-duggar-reveals-jessa-jills-thanksgiving-plans-how-many-turkeys-it-takes-feed-1729155

Michelle told us via a TLC network rep that she is expecting some special visitors this Thanksgiving, including her sister, some friends, and other immediate family members, which means anywhere from 30 to 40 guests could be visiting their Tontitown, Arkansas, home.

Alas, some of the Duggar brood will not be attending the family’s festivities this year. Michelle tells us that her oldest son, Josh, 26, and his three kids, Mackynzie, 5, Michael, 3, and Marcus, 1, will be spending Thanksgiving with his wife Anna’s family. Michelle and Jim Bob’s most recently wed daughter, Jessa, 22, will also be separating from her family for the holidays. She will reportedly spend the day with her new husband Ben Seewald, 19, and his large family.

While Jessa won’t make an appearance, the Duggars' other newlywed daughter, Jill, 23, will. According to Michelle, Jill, who is currently five months pregnant with her first child, a boy, with her husband Derick Dillard, 25, will split their time between the Dillard household and the Duggar homestead on Thanksgiving Day.

2 large turkeys and

Turkey isn’t the only thing the Duggars will be dishing up this Thursday. Joy, 17, will help mom in the kitchen by using her cooking “expertise†to whip up a traditional Green Bean Casserole. Michelle’s boys will also chip in by making the stuffing, while the younger children will assist in peeling potatoes for a mashed potatoes dish. Corn, cranberry sauce and a traditional family dish, started by Michelle’s mom, of noodles with turkey broth and gravy, will also be available to their guests.

Some dessert delicacies on the menu will include 15 of Jim Bob’s favorite homemade pumpkin pies. (He also asks for this on his birthday every year in July.) Additional homemade pecan and apple pies, as well as a native Ohio treat, peanut butter and chocolate Buckeye candies, will be served.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So a) why no mention of Jana and Jinger helping? and b) I would wager money that with no Anna, Jessa or Jill to help, there are going to be some behind the scenes friends that help make dinner... like the same friends that home school her kids for her!

This makes my "maybe I'll go to a friend's and maybe I'll make turkey chili" plan much more appealing.

Last night i made a big batch of taco beef filling in a huge stockpot, and all i could think was, "this must be what it's like to be a j'slave" :D

for ONE meal. goodness.

Yay for the kids breaking free to have T-day with their spouses families.

I wonder if the Duggars ever purpose to have a quiet family time together. It seems to me they are always rushing around, filling up their days with other people and activities, which keeps them busy enough to not have to have any actual conversations with each other.

So, is this the lesbian sister? So they can show how they are so not homophobes to everyone.

I was about to say the same thing. Considering this idiot family just went on a bus trip to persecute the ebil homosexuals I doubt poor Evelyn would WANT to join the Duggars for thanksgiving.

Im glad that two of the married Duggars will be spending Thanksgiving with their partner's families instead. I really hope that Jessa gets closer to Ben's side of the family, they seem more normal than her own family. They also might encourage her to try new things, or at least get to know her more than her own mother does.

What to do, what to do? I don' t think we have ever seen if the Duggars gather to give thanks or where Josh has ever spent Thanksgiving. Now, with two more children married; which family ranks highest on Thanksgiving Day?

So JB likes 15 different homemade pies yet he's not doing a hit to help cook them. And poor Joyanna. I'm surprised these people just won't order take out for thanksgiving

Of course the favorite daughter would still go.

In her defense, Derick' s family does live nearer to the Duggars than Anna's or Ben's. Much simpler to split the day.

In her defense, Derick' s family does live nearer to the Duggars than Anna's or Ben's. Much simpler to split the day.

don't forget she is still indebted to her parents for that damn house

What to do, what to do? I don' t think we have ever seen if the Duggars gather to give thanks or where Josh has ever spent Thanksgiving. Now, with two more children married; which family ranks highest on Thanksgiving Day?

Wasn't there an episode last year where the Duggars showed up at Smuggars early for Thanksgiving and Boob was an ass about it?

This is a very good question. In my family we always went to the same person, (my aunt). My mother was an only child so we did not have to choose.

Interesting no details on who cooks the damn turkeys. They have an amazing set of appliances I would LOVE to use for the day!!! It would be a sin (a SIN!) to order out. Hire a cook!

So JB likes 15 different homemade pies yet he's not doing a hit to help cook them. And poor Joyanna. I'm surprised these people just won't order take out for thanksgiving

They probably think they are close to take out with all the disposable plates they use.

I think Josh and Anna frequently spend Thanksgiving with her family. I know they have at least some years in the past. I think it was filmed one year and another year Anna's sister posted pictures online of Mack with her cousins wearing matching Thanksgiving shirts and jeans.

I guess they decided the one turkey that Anna fixed for them last year for their "holiday" meal wasn't enough and decided to add another turkey. Yea Duggars.

So does Michelle's sister have a partner? Would she even be welcome to come with Evelyn to the Duggar family Thanksgiving holiday?

Wasn't there an episode last year where the Duggars showed up at Smuggars early for Thanksgiving and Boob was an ass about it?

Yes last season IIRC. Anna was going shopping for alone with the M kids and was nervous too cook for so many people. The whole thing seemed awfully staged though, so I wouldn't be surprised it wasn't filmed during Thanksgiving week.

Josh will be with Anna's family, Jessa with Ben's family, and Jill is splitting it between the duggars and Cathy's. Michelle also has a sister coming in tho we don't know which one.

Archived