IGNORED

Ken Ham: Climate change is real because Jesus and the flood

artdecades

Ken Ham recently announced that creationists DO believe in global climate change, but its no big deal because its just the earth "settling down" after the flood

“Starting from the Bible, we know that there was a global Flood a few thousand years ago that completely changed Earth’s surface and climate, and that the earth is still settling down from this catastrophe,†he continued. “So we should expect there to be some variations in climate change, but this is not alarming and is not the direct result of modern human activity.â€

“And yes—because of the effects of sin, the curse and the Flood—we will continue to witness climate change until the Lord comes!†he declared.

rawstory.com/rs/2014/11/creationist-ken-ham-climate-change-is-earth-settling-down-after-god-punished-sinners-with-the-flood/

While his reasoning is BS and he says not to be alarmed, I wonder how this is going to affect his followers who deny global climate change entirely.

yeah, it's certainly a change. when i was last in the fold, any changes were explained away as "normal fluctuations" and nothing to be concerned or worried about.

I read the headline, and though, well, good. Whatever people need to believe to see that this is a REAL THREAT to actual people's lives.

Then I opened it and realized that they still don't actually care that people's villages, in the US, are being relocated because of rising sea levels.

Lolwhit? The flood was what, 4 thousand years ago? And they believe the earth is only 6K? That is seriously a LONG time for the earth to still be "settling down."

They can't deny it is happening (even some very conservative people I know recognize the changes) but if it is not man made, then people can't be expected to fix it-- how could they?

that will be why people oppose any steps taken-- the belief that it is normal climate change.

Unless suddenly the right wing political/religious leaders are bought by different money men-- or the Kochs get into wind energy.

Lolwhit? The flood was what, 4 thousand years ago? And they believe the earth is only 6K? That is seriously a LONG time for the earth to still be "settling down."

But even if that is the case, it doesn't make sense. If the flood caused all sorts of changes to the environment, shouldn't the be more moderate now? Shouldn't things have been worse right after the flood with extreme temperatures and droughts and now things have stabilized?

Anyone else notice the Dalek, TARDIS & 10th Doctor action figure? Please tell me Ken Ham is not a Doctor Who fan.

I was never taught that fossils were planted by the devil. Neither were my parents when they were growing up. As far as I know, no one, at least on Planet Advenrisr, believed fossils were planted by the devil. I actually don't think that one ever caught on in mainstream Christianity.

I was never taught that fossils were planted by the devil. Neither were my parents when they were growing up. As far as I know, no one, at least on Planet Advenrisr, believed fossils were planted by the devil. I actually don't think that one ever caught on in mainstream Christianity.

I was never taught this either. My parents were (and still are) YEC but growing up, we were always told that fossils were real - just not millions of years old. Only 6,000-10,000 years of age.

And how long has Ken Ham been around? I have never heard of him until I came to FJ, and I am very surprised that my school didn't teach his crap. It is amazing how small and isolated the fundy world is however. These men think they are giants, but once they exit into the real world their names mean nothing at all.

I was never taught this either. My parents were (and still are) YEC but growing up, we were always told that fossils were real - just not millions of years old. Only 6,000-10,000 years of age.

count me in on never hearing about devil fossils. and i did indeed grow up hearing presentations and the like by ham and hovind and their ilk, and they just explained that the fossils weren't as old as scientists said they were and were actually formed pretty quickly.

funny, because they'd always "explain" how it was impossible to know that the fossils were millions of years old by saying that radiocarbon dating and the like are useless. but now, i'm thinking...how do THEY know how old the fossils are? bible? LOGIC FAIL.

count me in on never hearing about devil fossils. and i did indeed grow up hearing presentations and the like by ham and hovind and their ilk, and they just explained that the fossils weren't as old as scientists said they were and were actually formed pretty quickly.

funny, because they'd always "explain" how it was impossible to know that the fossils were millions of years old by saying that radiocarbon dating and the like are useless. but now, i'm thinking...how do THEY know how old the fossils are? bible? LOGIC FAIL.

Yes, because the Bible says so. Now turn off that brain, sit down and don't ask questions. :shhh:

Anyone else notice the Dalek, TARDIS & 10th Doctor action figure? Please tell me Ken Ham is not a Doctor Who fan.

IDK. The picture was chosen by raw story, not Ham. His original columns, which I failed to link in my original posts, talks about creationism and aliens too, so maybe it has to do with that?

blogs.answersingenesis.org/blogs/ken-ham/2014/11/22/climate-change-and-aliens/

blogs.answersingenesis.org/blogs/ken-ham/2014/11/24/there-is-no-climate-crisis/

As far as I know ken ham is fairly new to the YEC scene. I didn't hear of him till I was an adult in the early 00s. Hovind, however, I sat at he feet of throughout my teenage years.

As far as I know ken ham is fairly new to the YEC scene. I didn't hear of him till I was an adult in the early 00s. Hovind, however, I sat at he feet of throughout my teenage years.

Ken Ham has been around since the early 90's at least. I'm not sure of the exact year, but I know it was early enough that both he and Answer in Genesis were both firmly grounded as leaders in the YEC movement by 1996-ish, which was when my family attended our first AiG conference. And I grew up with those ridiculous Buddy Davis creation song CD's AiG sells, which also would have been in the early-mid 90's.

Ken Ham is an embarrassment to Australia :embarrassed:

Ham earned a Bachelor of Applied Science, with an emphasis in Environmental Biology, at Queensland Institute of Technology, and a diploma in Education from the University of Queensland, the latter being enough to allow him to teach high school biology, "which he did for five years." He "has never published a scientific paper..."

I swear that Ken used to claim that there had been periods of climate change, one when Adam and Eve sinned, one after the Flood, and one that we have not experienced yet, but would happen when the world ended. And that anything we currently experienced, like droughts and or super cold winters, was normal, minor, and nothing to be concerned about. Anyone else remember that?

Ken is evolving his teachings to match reality that he cannot ignore.

Archived