IGNORED

Music With A Beat!

FJismyheadship

You guys we have been wrong the entire time about music with a beat! Its not that ALL of it causes sensual unrighteous desires that cannot be fulfilled, its unnatural beats!

inbalancemusic.com/ibmr/?page_id=20

What is this music that we consider to be wrong? It is “out-of-balance†music. Music that is not in tune with God’s universe. It is heavily syncopated – the accented beat comes in the

un-natural place. The natural beat is ONE-two-THREE-four. Whereas the un-natural or syncopated beat is one-TWO-three-FOUR or the after-beat. This syncopated beat pattern can be used effectively, sparingly, for interest, however, when used heavily throughout the entire piece it is a sensual, un-natural beat. It causes the body to want to move in sensual ways. Whereas the natural beat (as in marches) makes the body want to move, such as marching to the beat or tapping of the foot, the syncopated beat, when used heavily, causes the body to want to “swing†and sway, and effectively, lose control. This can be seen at any rock concert, “christian†or secular.

Sooo yeah its not about musical beats in jeneral being bad, its THE WRONG KIND of beat!

(That website is linked to Living The Journey, and one of the radio hosts works in the Journey office and was totally in lurve with Gothard and Jesus)

Well I am so glad that's cleared up. When I begin to sway, I'll throw that music away immediately... :roll:

Here's a snarkworthily awesome article reprinted from IBLP. "TEN SCRIPTURAL REASONS WHY “THE ROCK BEAT" IS EVIL IN ANY FORM"

truediscipleship.org/Gtopics/general108.htm

It reads like a 7th grader's term paper. Are all IBLP things this bad? :mrgreen:

ONE-two-THREE-four reminds me of when Lucy Ricardo tried to teach a teenage boy, played by Richard Crenna, how to dance. He kept stepping on Lucy's feet.

These people probably view Pat Boone & Lawrence Welk as evil music. That is pathetic. Now I must listen to some Gothard approved music. :lol:

I'm just thinking of slow jams where the hard beats are on one and three. 4/4 time is pretty standard, lots of absolutely filthy songs that follow that logic. It's almost as if the intention of the song is what makes it, not the beat.

Psalm 150

1Praise the Lord!

Praise God in his sanctuary;

praise him in his mighty heaven!

2Praise him for his mighty works;

praise his unequaled greatness!

3Praise him with a blast of the ram’s horn;

praise him with the lyre and harp!

4Praise him with the tambourine and dancing;

praise him with strings and flutes!

5Praise him with a clash of cymbals;

praise him with loud clanging cymbals.

6Let everything that breathes sing praises to the Lord!

Praise the Lord!

:drumroll: :banana-guitar: :banana-angel:

it's not much in the way of music if it does not inspire movement. the whole thing is so lame and stupid it is amazing. one more rule from some flake preacher or other top nut.

I'm just thinking of slow jams where the hard beats are on one and three. 4/4 time is pretty standard, lots of absolutely filthy songs that follow that logic. It's almost as if the intention of the song is what makes it, not the beat.

Psalm 150

1Praise the Lord!

Praise God in his sanctuary;

praise him in his mighty heaven!

2Praise him for his mighty works;

praise his unequaled greatness!

3Praise him with a blast of the ram’s horn;

praise him with the lyre and harp!

4Praise him with the tambourine and dancing;

praise him with strings and flutes!

5Praise him with a clash of cymbals;

praise him with loud clanging cymbals.

6Let everything that breathes sing praises to the Lord!

Praise the Lord!

:drumroll: :banana-guitar: :banana-angel:

You really get the feeling that these people have never read the Bible. Oh wait, they haven't except for Leviticus and certain parts of the Pauline letters.

Just because I'm spiteful, I always want to play these people a song in 2 and ask them how they feel. And then follow that up with one in 7/8 time.

Well, I offer them this, among the first 5 songs I ever really was familiar with as a very young child....

[bBvideo 560,340:2ccuanip]

[/bBvideo]

So much for the first measure of Beethoven's 5th Symphony!! :roll:

That Beethoven was quite the musical sinner. At the 6:56 mark he goes batshit. (FF to just before that time if this doesn't start off 20 seconds before that mark.)

Maybe this explains why I am such a crappy dancer, and my rhythm is totally off. All these years, I've been dancing to a different beat.

Actually, I believe that sexual thrusting is on the beat.

Forgive me...

Yeah, I want to know what they would make of Ravel's Bolero, which is in a very stately three, but which is not some sedate little waltz.

[bBvideo 560,340:y0jyaabk]

[/bBvideo]

Yeah, I heard this reason trotted out a lot when I was growing up. Not just a got hard thing

Same here. I had a high school classmate come crying to me because she thought Satan had ahold of me because I listened to Whitney Houston. Or something. I wasn't quite clear on what exactly she thought it was, but the backbeat was definitely involved.

Fundies never cease to AMAZE me. Do they like anything fun? I couldn't live without music, listening to Pandora as I type.

Me neither, my car radio doesn't work so I listen to my IPod on the way to and from work.

Growing up, I remember being taught that "rock-style" music was spiritually evil because of Africans. The logic was that it had the same beat that witch doctors in Africa used to worship the Devil. I wish I was making this horribly racist crap up - but keep in mind I was also taught that apartheid in Africa was sad, but necessary :pink-shock:

Well, I offer them this, among the first 5 songs I ever really was familiar with as a very young child....

[bBvideo 560,340:epndavmq]

[/bBvideo]

My mom was in the studio when this was recorded...she was a pianist and Brubeck was a friend of hers.

Archived