IGNORED

Predictions for Ben and Jessa...

felicity

I don't think either of them will cheat, but I can see them both becoming irrepressibly arrogant, narcissistic, and obnoxious in their evangelism and drive to show the rest of us why we're wrong. Ben will become a preacher/apologist, and Jessa will become his smug defender.

I can see Ben cheating. He's so young and clearly a horndog. I can see him looking for female affirmation of his attractiveness once Jessa stops giving him all the attention he seems to require. She isn't gushy and romantic anyways, but it'll die down even more once all the novelty wears off and reality sets in. Ben is a cute guy and I can see him getting lots of female attention, especially if he becomes a pastor. I think he'll stray.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see Ben cheating. He's so young and clearly a horndog. I can see him looking for female affirmation of his attractiveness once Jessa stops giving him all the attention he seems to require. She isn't gushy and romantic anyways, but it'll die down even more once all the novelty wears off and reality sets in. Ben is a cute guy and I can see him getting lots of female attention, especially if he becomes a pastor. I think he'll stray.

I can oh so very easily see that happening.

I see a lot of fighting within 3 years, and divorce, or desire for it, in 5. They're both mentally kids (I'm going with them being a boy and a girl, not a man and a woman, in this reply, because they are mentally stunted into childhood by how they were raised).

JB snaps his fingers, and immature Ben jumps to do what he's told to. Right now we've got a horny boy who wants sex, sex, sex, and it too eager to please a girl's daddy so he can get into her panties. What's going to happen when he starts feeling suffocated? He didn't have parents this overbearing, but now he's in a position of his world being controlled, and his options that he had are gone. I think he'll start getting mad, and maybe blaming Jessa.

Jessa's never had freedom, but there are signs she wants to rebel. She's also very vain, though part of that's probably the focus on looks she was raised with. Now she's got a whole lot of freedom compared to what she's had, but was never given the chance to moderate herself. I think it'll be too much all at once, and when the freedom gets taken away because she's got kids of her own to take care of when she's finally had a taste of getting to spend time on herself, I think she'll get angry. I think she'll keep it together for 2 kids, but 3 will be the tipping point. She's into her looks a lot, and even the most self-confident woman can feel blah and unattractive with pregnancy weight and the loose skin and baby-weight after birth. Jill, I think, is willing to set a lot aside to dive into it all. She was the golden daughter. I don't think Jessa will be happy to give up what is probably what she feels is so special about herself, which is being one of the prettier ones, the young, sex-hungry, svelte young thing she probably sees herself as.

They got married a lot because of sex. All the downtime during pregnancy and after birth will mean a lot of time when they'll have to spend time together without the sex they clearly revolve around. I think that's when the discontent will really start.

I agree. I think you raise a lot of really valid points that it's easy to forget because they are foreign to so many of us. Jessa and Ben have very little emotional maturity because they have never been allowed to learn for themselves and their lives have been so rigidly controlled. I think your point about not learning how to moderate themselves is especially valid!!! After so much sheltering, I guarantee they are peeking at the internet sites that were forbidden to them before and who knows what else. Maybe together, or maybe secretly when they are alone, but I'm sure their curiosity to see what they haven't been allowed to see (and watch on TV) will start to win out. They are going to be dealing with a lot of emotions they aren't used to. Thoughts about how they were raised and what they've been kept from might eventually surface, although I think they will both cling heavily to their fundamentalism, at least initially, because that's what they know and the one thing they do have in common (plus it makes them feel superior to those who weren't raised they way they were).

But I get the impression, at least from what I've seen on the show, that they really aren't encouraged to talk about deep emotional stuff, upsetting stuff. JB and M are all nicey-nice surface kind of support. Lots of cliches and phrases that don't really mean that much and aren't helpful. I doubt the kids would feel comfortable going to them about deep emotional feelings they are having trouble dealing with and I'm not sure they would even feel comfortable admitting such feelings to even their siblings. They've been so ingrained with the whole thing about keeping sweet and joyful manner that they would probably feel horribly guilty to even admit they are having difficulty. I sure hope none of them have severe post partum depression because the idea of admitting that they might not be loving motherhood, or even that they have thoughts of hurting their baby (which can be common for many mothers in the early months) ...I can't imagine how guilty and sinful they would feel. With Jill being so overwhelmingly happy and gushy about everything, I think Jessa would have an even harder time if she doesn't enjoy her pregnancy or it's hard for her. The Duggars are so all about procreation! I mean, Jessa wasn't even married yet and they were already going on about how they will have grandbabies soon... ARGH! Like that is all marriage is for.

Predictions:

1. Honeymoon baby

2. SIster time over pregnancies

3. Home birth

4. Tearful motherhood is amazing speech at ATI event with Ben looking "wise" beside her.

5. By year two, armed camp.

6. Year three--he'll be working in Little Rock or DC or ?? and she'll be keeping the home fires buring.

7.Year four--another baby to cover up marriage difficulties.

Lather, rinse, repeat...

I agree with so many of these predictions!

I can totally see Bin eventually becoming a pastor - driven more by zealousness than actual wisdom, of course - and with his lack of backbone I can see him getting embroiled in some kind of scandal or being paid off or something.

I don't predict much for Jessa (how sad is that? she doesn't fit the fundie motherhood mold the way Jill does, so I can't even see a future for her - does she have any career ambitions?? I mean, besides taking selfies and being a condescending, uneducated asshole?), I just think she's going to struggle with being a very bitter woman as she gets older.

And I predict she'll go on the pill and keep it hush-hush, but we'll all know it when her skin suddenly gets clear and she's not popping out a new baby each year.

Takeout taxes, 12.5% on just social security. That's not a lot of money to live on for a long time, even if they have no housing payments. Josh and Anna didn't get a house for years and years. If Blessa gets $5k per special episode, and Ben being flighty, and she's not going to make a fortune from her book, and if they get free rent, I think they might get by for 5 years, if there are no kids and they live modestly. Start adding in kids or rent, and that's going down.

I just needed to pop in to say several websites estimate the Duggars make between $65,000 – $90,000 per episode, and $100,000 from special episodes.

I'm sure the ones over 18 have their own contracts and are paid individually, including any one who makes any appearance, ever.

Also, the families current net worth is 3.5 million. [source]

I agree with so many of these predictions!

I can totally see Bin eventually becoming a pastor - driven more by zealousness than actual wisdom, of course - and with his lack of backbone I can see him getting embroiled in some kind of scandal or being paid off or something.

I don't predict much for Jessa (how sad is that? she doesn't fit the fundie motherhood mold the way Jill does, so I can't even see a future for her - does she have any career ambitions?? I mean, besides taking selfies and being a condescending, uneducated asshole?), I just think she's going to struggle with being a very bitter woman as she gets older.

And I predict she'll go on the pill and keep it hush-hush, but we'll all know it when her skin suddenly gets clear and she's not popping out a new baby each year.

I think Jessa will make a beautiful picture of a pastor's wife, they will make lovely selfies, she will look good sitting nearby to support her husband, and over time she will turn to pills or alcohol to numb her pain, eventually we will see Jessa bottom out, it will be writ larger than Michelle because Michelle went into her life with JB with no expectations of fame and fortune.

Jessa will someday start understanding things and it will not go well for her. One thing she might have to understand is Ben "counseling" the pretty young unmarried girls at church while she starts wondering if she should botox. She will envy girls with pink nipples and uncut stomachs and no stretch marks... and it will be one pill or drink to get through this.. one more to get through that.

I don't think Michelle is a genuinely content or happy person, and I don't think Jessa will be either. Jessa missed her life as head cheerleader and Queen Bee, at least Michelle got that.

These are truly dire predictions. I guess I just don't share the opinion that they're unsuited to each other. They seem to be in love and compatible to me, it seems like they have things in common, very similar opinions, and that they really enjoy being together and are obviously committed to making their relationship work. Obviously that doesn't guarantee a successful relationship, and they have their age, inexperience, and unfortunate upbringing working against them, but I'm not quite ready to doom them to a life of adultery, alcoholism and addiction...

These are truly dire predictions. I guess I just don't share the opinion that they're unsuited to each other. They seem to be in love and compatible to me, it seems like they have things in common, very similar opinions, and that they really enjoy being together and are obviously committed to making their relationship work. Obviously that doesn't guarantee a successful relationship, and they have their age, inexperience, and unfortunate upbringing working against them, but I'm not quite ready to doom them to a life of adultery, alcoholism and addiction...

I agree. I don't think it's gonna be all sunshine and butterflies, but I don't think they're gonna implode that badly. I think they'd get divorced before they go on some raging benders.

There will be a lot of eye rolling and passive aggressive comments as the years go on. A lot of forced smiles and keeping sweet. And probably more children than they can handle.

I agree. I don't think it's gonna be all sunshine and butterflies, but I don't think they're gonna implode that badly. I think they'd get divorced before they go on some raging benders.

There will be a lot of eye rolling and passive aggressive comments as the years go on. A lot of forced smiles and keeping sweet. And probably more children than they can handle.

Michelle Duggar chose QF and ATI - and there's probably a lot of truth to the idea that either she was sexually active or sexually abused and sought that lifestyle to atone for her sins.

Jessa didn't choose it. I doubt Jessa thinks she has anything to atone for. It's not her choice to follow this lifestyle and someday she's going to resent not choosing it for herself but having it forced on her.

The thing is, their lifestyle choices are not the norm of society, not even Christian society. In order to make a living as a pastor to support Jessa in the style to which she is accustomed, he is gonna have to come a little more to fundie-lite. Jessa will start seeing women who are educated, who actually had some choices in life and chose her life for herself.

Okay, there has never been anything at all to indicate that Michelle was sexually abused, and I hope to God this doesn't become another one of those rumours that take on a life of their own. I also don't believe she was sexually active before marriage. Try to keep in mind that she was only 17 when she married, and she would've milked something like that for all it's worth in her 'testimony'. Her own account indicates that her conversion was based on fear of death rather than shame.

But here's the main thing: fundies always believe they have something to atone for. Always. It doesn't matter if they were raised fundie and never kissed boys or drank alcohol or listened to rock music. From the time they're born they're told that they're sinful creatures, they have a sin nature which has to be 'disciplined' out of them, they can literally do nothing right apart from God. The ONLY thing standing between them and everlasting torment in the fires of hell is Jesus. This is a huge part of the reason why so many people raised fundie find it so hard to walk away. It's an incredible burden and some people live with the shame, guilt, fear and pressure even if they become atheists.

Wow! These predictions are insane. I... :?

I predict the opposite of mostly everything on the previous page :| I'm not saying divorce, acholicism, and adultery aren't possible. I just don't see it getting that bad.

I think Jessa will make a beautiful picture of a pastor's wife, they will make lovely selfies, she will look good sitting nearby to support her husband, and over time she will turn to pills or alcohol to numb her pain, eventually we will see Jessa bottom out, it will be writ larger than Michelle because Michelle went into her life with JB with no expectations of fame and fortune.

Jessa will someday start understanding things and it will not go well for her. One thing she might have to understand is Ben "counseling" the pretty young unmarried girls at church while she starts wondering if she should botox. She will envy girls with pink nipples and uncut stomachs and no stretch marks... and it will be one pill or drink to get through this.. one more to get through that.

I don't think Michelle is a genuinely content or happy person, and I don't think Jessa will be either. Jessa missed her life as head cheerleader and Queen Bee, at least Michelle got that.

Re: Michelle....

For the longest time, I only occasionally watched 19KAC and genuinely thought that Michelle was just a great mom who wanted lots of kids. That's the narrative they'd have you believe.

But then I remember reading about Josiah (or one of the boys) running off after the announcement that she was pregnant with Jubilee, and when he returned he had a tissue and looked visibly upset. I thought, "Oh, this is just one of those internet things where people are reading too much into it," but then I went on Netflix and watched the episode in question, and he really does seem distressed. I can't imagine how upsetting it is for the older children to see their mother nearly die (with Josie) and then be told, "Hey, we're gonna do it all again!" At the very least they must be annoyed by the inordinate focus on getting pregnant - I recall one ep where Jim Bob jokes about something sex/more babies and Jessa's eyes almost roll out of her head.

After that there's some talking head where Michelle says how excited all her children always are for her pregnancies, and I thought... woman, you are either outright lying for the sake of your show, or you are mentally ill and are so obsessed with "catching babies" that you don't see the reactions of your own children in front of you. And then I started actually considering that seriously. What if she's one of those women who feels totally purposeless without a baby and needs to be pregnant to be the center of attention?

It strikes me as plausible. I mean, in her teenage years she's mowing lawns in her bikini and is on the cheerleading team - then she becomes J'chelle and develops a "personal conviction" to always have her knees covered, and teaches all her kids that dancing is a waste of time for an activity. They don't come right out and say it's evil, but they all look down on it, which surprises me since Michelle WAS a cheerleader and probably knows that dance is 1) physically demanding and great exercise, 2) if you're on a dance team, it encourages friendships and teamwork, 3) a legitimate and respectable art form (ballet, anyone?)

It basically sounds like Michelle gave up the things in her life that brought her attention and gave her a sense of purpose, so it makes sense that she'd fill that void with baby after baby after baby. Suddenly her talking heads didn't seem so happy and sweet anymore - she started sounding like a deranged woman to me, one who is totally out of touch with reality and sucked into this little world of desperately needing to get pregnant just to feel relevant. Even now, the exaggerated gracefulness with which she seems to accept that her daughters are getting married and having babies while she isn't is coming across as insincere and forced.

I mean, when Jill was getting married and they asked all the family members to say something nice about Jill, and what did Michelle say? Something generic about how Jill's favorite thing is "spending time with her family"?? Uh, duh, that's one of the only things you ever emphasize to your kids and that's YOUR special value that you've passed down, but what about something really unique to Jill? There was nothing personal or sentimental about what Michelle shared and it was all very detached, like she didn't know her own child at all. Stuff like that makes me go, "Yup, this woman pops out babies to make herself feel special and needed. She's not a great mom at all - she's sick, blind, and self-absorbed."

Okay, there has never been anything at all to indicate that Michelle was sexually abused, and I hope to God this doesn't become another one of those rumours that take on a life of their own. I also don't believe she was sexually active before marriage. Try to keep in mind that she was only 17 when she married, and she would've milked something like that for all it's worth in her 'testimony'. Her own account indicates that her conversion was based on fear of death rather than shame.

But here's the main thing: fundies always believe they have something to atone for. Always. It doesn't matter if they were raised fundie and never kissed boys or drank alcohol or listened to rock music. From the time they're born they're told that they're sinful creatures, they have a sin nature which has to be 'disciplined' out of them, they can literally do nothing right apart from God. The ONLY thing standing between them and everlasting torment in the fires of hell is Jesus. This is a huge part of the reason why so many people raised fundie find it so hard to walk away. It's an incredible burden and some people live with the shame, guilt, fear and pressure even if they become atheists.

ITA - the insignificance of an offense has no bearing on how guilty a person can feel about it.

Michelle obviously feels terrible about herself, but all we know for sure is that she wore skimpy clothes to mow the grass and was a popular cheerleader. Nothing else. Fundies can make even looking at someone who is attractive with an accidentally appreciative thought into a MAJOR issue. Michelle could just be beating herself up for wanting to get attention for beauty.

I predict they will never ever post kissing pictures again

i predict they will never post any kinds of intimate pictures again

I predict they will only post bible verses from now on

I predict they don't care about posting anything that is not in their venue to care

I predict a pregnancy announcement by Christmas

Archived