IGNORED

My husband trained me to be just like a dog!

Koala

Oh my goddess mice. Shudder. I found a dead mouse in my laundry once. And one night I was lying half asleep when I shit you not a mouse ran across my back. I flipped the hell out. Shortly after that two feline headships were installed as hohs and they take care of the mice.

Eta details.

OMFG I would be in a fetal position rocking back and forth. A mouse once drowned in a sink full of dishes I left to soak over night. Once again, I screamed and ran away. Jerkit's husband would roll his eyes at me in such a big way at how pathetic I am about mice.

I have no problem wiping bottoms of elderly, wiping noses and drool, I am certain I have had every bodily fluid on me at one time or another when I worked with handicapped adults and seniors. I can't take mice though. My only fear of a cat is it leaving dead mouse presents for me. Or even just mouse parts. Does that happen?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think mice are adorable.

But if I see a snake, I will cry. Literally. In high school, I was walking through our pasture to get something and saw a snake. I screamed and then started balling. My dad had to come pick me up and carry me out. When I was in high school.

*shudder*

I don't usually like the car door opened for me. You can open your door while I'm opening mine, and we can both get in and buckle up, and the driver can drive. Saves time.

Doors going into and out of places should be opened and held by the first person who gets there, until either your company has passed, or someone else offers to hold it. I hate when people open a door just enough to get through, then let it slam on whoever is behind.

What's alarming is how that wife didn't even notice that other people were walking off. How long must they have waited before leaving her in the dust?

Years ago, I knew an older woman who relied on her husband to put gas in her car. The funny thing was that he didn't pump gas either. He would drive her car to the full-service station, have the attendant fill up the car, and then bring the car back to her.

Everything was fine until he had an accident which made him unable to drive for a while. One of her adult daughters took over the gas pumping duties until the woman's husband recovered. (Yes, the adult daughter fearlessly pumped her own gas. :D )

I would hate having to rely on my husband to keep gas in the car, but they were very happy with the arrangement. :shrug:

I admit this is something my husband is better at because I'm the sort who'll think the car can go another 20 miles. If I'm not being a ditz, I can take care of it on my own, thanks. But he'll put in gas when it's at an 1/8 of a tank, and I've gotten used to that so that I don't always pay attention, and have AAA for a reason now. :embarrassed: But I can pump gas. I can change the fluids. I can do a lot of car stuff. Most of it's just designated to him since you need to keep up on that stuff, and if 1 of us wasn't assigned most o the car stuff, it would get overlooked, and we'd have a dead car.

But the gas isn't assigned. That just happened, and the car is on E. And fuck me, the hubs just went to the store, so will probably gas it up.

I forget to get gas. He always forgets other things. We are a perfect match because we forget different things. :D

I still feel bad for getting super pissed at someone for wanting to open the car door to get in it. He was just trying to be chivalrous, and I wanted to kick him. :lol: I usually enjoyed chivalry back then, but not opening my own car door to get in it was very foreign to me. I actually love it when I'm exiting, that's probably weird. Idk when you've done something by yourself for 16 years and someone says they have to do it for you :wtf: , I was just confused and annoyed. This paragraph doesn't contribute to the conversation at all, sorry. :?

To the commenter who mention Zsu: Zsuzsu once got really worked up when some crazy commenter mentioned that if the PP left the house then , well *Solomon was to take the headship of the house and be the man in the home*. Damn did she give that commenter a piece of her mind telling her that Solomon was just a kid and that if the PP left the house, she's the boss at home and that won't change. Zsu's crazy and down the rabbit hole but she surprisingly does have some common sense when you least expect it.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
BTW, Mr. Pretzel is generally a gentleman who opens my car door, gets my coat etc. But he's just generally someone with a desire to join in and help. He didn't train anyone nor did anyone train him.

That talk of training sounds a lot like BDSM. "Puppy play" is actually a thing with one partner pretending to be a dog. I guess the temptation to pretend that kind of play is true when it is in fact just role playing can be strong.

The joyfilledwife is just playing the classic Fundie wife one-upmanship game with Lori.

"Anyway you submit

I submit better.

Sooner or later,

I'm Godlier than you.

No, you're not. Yes, I am.

No, you're not. Yes, I am.

No, you're NOT! Yes, I am.

Yes, I aaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm!"

My apologies to Irving Berlin.

I think mice are adorable.

But if I see a snake, I will cry. Literally. In high school, I was walking through our pasture to get something and saw a snake. I screamed and then started balling. My dad had to come pick me up and carry me out. When I was in high school.

*shudder*

I think mice are cute, too. I also love snakes and have had pet corn snakes (amelanistic and snow, and they were gorgeous).

But I can't deal with crickets. The black crickets -- well, I don't like them, but they don't terrify me. Spider crickets, though ... we have a terrible spider cricket problem, and they've made me cry with horror and fear before. Our cats catch them, but they only de-leg them. I don't think they like eating them (the black ones are like candy to them). So then I get to pick up the bodies of these horrible monstrosities.

*shudder*

I hate crickets.

I hate to admit this but we have a sudden mouse problem. I cannot bring myself to empty the traps live or not live. I totally rely on my husband to get rid of them. I want to so bad but I really can't. Yesterday a mouse somehow got in my washing machine, I literally screamed, slammed the door shut and ran away. Shudder.

I very, very much relate to that....LOL

Once I climbed on my late husband's back to get out of our bedroom, where I spotted a mouse.

I think mice are cute, too. I also love snakes and have had pet corn snakes (amelanistic and snow, and they were gorgeous).

But I can't deal with crickets. The black crickets -- well, I don't like them, but they don't terrify me. Spider crickets, though ... we have a terrible spider cricket problem, and they've made me cry with horror and fear before. Our cats catch them, but they only de-leg them. I don't think they like eating them (the black ones are like candy to them). So then I get to pick up the bodies of these horrible monstrosities.

*shudder*

I hate crickets.

YES i agree about the crickets. They're just so bulby and creepy. I forgot to wipe the kitchen counter after supper one night during the summer in a house out in the country, and in the morning a cricket was actually noshing on a spot of brown gravy. Like, bobbing it's shiny ball head, chewing. I still get the shivers thinking about it. Bugs are something different altogether than mammals like mice or squirrels. My hubby and i lived in/renovated a trailer home when we were first married, that had been empty for quite a while, and it was in a wooded area. We had really big roaches there, the wood roaches. The black ones that are about 3" long and about 1/2" wide. It took a lot of sealing that place before we got rid of them. Learned some wicked fly swatter skills. I think the scariest thing about bugs is that they aren't like a pet, really. Tarantulas can be pets, but they aren't really spiders... i guess the bigger the thing the smarter it is. :D

If mice didn't leave droppings and were as clean as cats, i'd probably have pet field mice :D They are SO CUTE. i really don't like having to snap trap them, but it's got to be done. (only 3 so far this winter -- they love how cozy the house is with our fireplace going, i guess, they have been around the fireplace blower)

*shudder*

I hate crickets.

Corn snakes are adorable! Ive got a pet snake too, a milk snake (and I am saving money to buy a ball python) :) I also love mice, would like a pet one but I don't know whether I could keep a mouse or rat as a pet and get attached to it, but also have a freezer full of frozen dead mice for the snake.

I have two boxes of live crickets in my house right now, and they don't bother me. The only bad things about them are that they smell, and sometimes they might escape when I am about to feed them to the tarantulas (or the cat knocks the box over, she finds them fascinating) and they escape and hop away never to be seen again. I can live with the hidden cricket population in my house-the house spiders keep their population in check, and I buy brown ones, as they chirp way less than black ones.

I cant understand why any man would be attracted by someone who acts like a helpless toddler. I am attracted to adults, not a child in an adult's body who needs babysitting constantly.

I already posted in this thread but this kind of thing really bugs me after awhile because the presumption is that the husband is always going to be there. Plus my mother does the learned helpless thing and it annoys me so much I'd rather not be around her.

It's a nice thing to have a husband who does that but that woman is not some special snowflake. It's up to her, or any person, to take social cues from the people around them.

How hard is it to notice the other ladies have opened their own doors? How difficult to be aware of that without even looking around or making some kind of deal about it?

I wish those ladies had gone back and helped her out of the car, with a lot of fussing about "are you feeling okay, is your back alright, are you sure you feel up to this."

I drive myself, open my own doors, carry my own groceries, etc. I wonder how women like her think women like me are supposed to cope with life?

*shudder*

I hate crickets.

Decided I had to come back and show you all what is in. my. house.

dsc_7344_medium.jpg

And they chase you. We tried using sticky traps, since poison is entirely out of the question, but we kept "catching" the cats instead. :/

Horrible things.

Decided I had to come back and show you all what is in. my. house.

dsc_7344_medium.jpg

And they chase you. We tried using sticky traps, since poison is entirely out of the question, but we kept "catching" the cats instead. :/

Horrible things.

Have you tried vaccuming them up? Works with spiders. My friend thought she was vacuuming a spider and got a frog! Whoops!

polecat, could you please add a trigger warning?!

I'm serious.

I have people so deadly afraid, like getting a panic attack-gasping for air-I need an hour to calm down-afraid, of spiders and had I known there was this monster underneath that spoiler, I wouldn't have opened it, cause there's always someone lurking.

Back when I was teaching at the Christian school, I went on a set-up coffee date with a BJU grad who insisted on picking me up. When we arrived at our destination, I got out of the car like a normal adult. Once we were seated, he lectured me on how I screwed up by not waiting for him to open my car door. At the end of the even more awful afternoon, he informed me on dropping me off at home that I was too independent for any man to ever consider marrying.

Somehow, my husband has managed to overlook that problem. He actually likes the contrast to his mother. His parents are not at all fundie (very moderate Catholics). While she does open her own car doors, she doesn't do anything else. She does not know how to pump gas. Will not drive out of town because it is too difficult. She has never spent a moment in her life doing any yard work or any other labor around the house outside of simple cleaning (no vacuuming as the vacuum is "too heavy", no doing floors, won't help move anything, etc...) and cooking. This was a problem for us early on as I am accustomed to helping with those tasks as I did growing up and husband thought I should not or would not know how. My husband actually talks about how his dad has pampered her by doing too much for her and made her helpless, and he worries about how she will function if his dad dies first or were to become incapable of doing these things (the way my dad has).

My mom is like the polar opposite. She was a farm girl. She can do all the heavy lifting, fix stuff, and will still get out of the car and pump the gas even though she is no longer able to drive due to her vision.

Today the joyfilledwife commented on Godly Mentor Lori's blog. She was explaining to everyone how her husband has trained her just like a dog...so charming :cray-cray: In fact, she is so well trained that she can hardly function in group settings without him there to see after her!

I fail to see where this is some sort of Christian virtue. My husband will open doors for me, its a habit he got into when I broke my leg and couldn't quite balance crutches, the heavy cast and the door handle. He's just done it ever since, even when I'm driving! He can't gas up my car because he can't drive it (manual transmission), but if we're at the gas station, he'll jump out and pump the gas.

I've found that LOTS of random guys will hold a door open. I was at the Circle K last night and some random guy opened the door for me. I just smiled and said "thank you".

I don't know where these people live, but everywhere I've lived, I've found most men (random, that I don't know) will hold doors open for other people. That would be 4 different states, a number of different cities in those 4 states, and I have yet to run into the numbers of allegedly "rude" people that they have. Jeez...when I had my accident (was t-boned, not at fault), the person who hit me called my husband to see if I was OK.

These people obviously live in a different world than I do.

I had an ex-bf who was absolutely terrified of spiders. I find them "eww", but not scared. I was the one who had to "kill" them (I usually capture and put them outside).

My current bf is not scared of anything. He's a rock. He is the one calming me down. However, he does not open doors for me. At least not car doors. He usually races me to the car instead. Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional. We are still children at heart. :lol:

To the commenter who mention Zsu: Zsuzsu once got really worked up when some crazy commenter mentioned that if the PP left the house then , well *Solomon was to take the headship of the house and be the man in the home*. Damn did she give that commenter a piece of her mind telling her that Solomon was just a kid and that if the PP left the house, she's the boss at home and that won't change. Zsu's crazy and down the rabbit hole but she surprisingly does have some common sense when you least expect it.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
BTW, Mr. Pretzel is generally a gentleman who opens my car door, gets my coat etc. But he's just generally someone with a desire to join in and help. He didn't train anyone nor did anyone train him.

ZsuZsu and PP are the most lunatic fundies I keep an eye on. They're kind of a reference point to me. If someone actually manages to truly outdo them in levels of crazyness, now that's really something. And this woman incapacitated helpmeet just accomplished that. Compared to her, ZsuZsu almost seems like a reasonable and emancipated woman. :mindblowing:

How [bleeping] ridiculous.

If someone wants to extend a courtesy like opening a door for someone else, that's fine. And even if they're doing it because it fits their societal image of gallant and they want to be that, that's fine too.

But after the first time or three, an actual kind-and-helpful person then pays attention to how their "gallantry" is received. If the recipient appreciates it, then sure, continue doing it -- but at that point you're doing it BECAUSE THEY APPRECIATE IT and to show that you know them and want to please them. And if they don't appreciate it, then don't do it anymore, or if they don't care one way or the other, then do it when you're in the mood and not when you're not.

But in no case are you doing it BECAUSE THEY AREN'T CAPABLE of doing it on their own! Why would anyone feel flattered if that's the message they think they are receiving?

I don't mind having a door opened for me if my arms are full or if the door is extra-heavy and I just threw my back out. But if someone is opening that door for me because they don't think I am a capable person, what a turnoff!

I can't even imagine how messed up these folks are... :shrug:

Yeah, I agree. Holding a door to let others through is just considerate, whether it's a man or a woman doing it. But if the door-holder or whatever they've done is making a big thing of the fact that you're a woman and that that's why they're doing it, it somehow devalues the kind and considerate bit.

I've mentioned this before, but I met someone last year who tried to physically take my shopping off me saying it was too heavy for me and he'd carry it. And then got pissed off when I said "What do you think you're doing?" He said "I'm just being gentlemanly!" and called me a feminazi. Well no. There's a difference between OFFERING help and FORCING it. One is letting you know there's help available if you need it, the other is getting into your personal space uninvited and trying to punish you if you say no thanks. For all I knew, this guy could have been trying to swipe my shopping.

I'm serious.

I have people so deadly afraid, like getting a panic attack-gasping for air-I need an hour to calm down-afraid, of spiders and had I known there was this monster underneath that spoiler, I wouldn't have opened it, cause there's always someone lurking.

I apologize.

I tried to make it clear that it was a picture of a butt-ugly cricket, in my defense. :(

I apologize.

I tried to make it clear that it was a picture of a butt-ugly cricket, in my defense. :(

No worries, nobody in my house except me has seen it ;). But there may be some FJites on here quite as sensitive to spiders as my family member and they could be really intimidated by it. I'm sorry you have to deal with this kind of "subtenant", anyways. :romance-caress:

I'm serious.

i opened it at the bottom of the page and closed it again when i saw the top of the bent leg things. I have no idea what's in that spoiler, but it's huge. :lol:

Archived