IGNORED

In which Robert is a sky piloting pastor

jerkit

Am I the only one who sometimes wonders if CM is the greatest Poe ever? Because I get those vibes from this post.

No. :D

However, I've come to the conclusion that he is a real Fundie asshole with a very active imagination. He writes about the way he wishes he were (big, strong, manly and brave) and the life he fantasizes about (admired by many who hang on his every word and plead with him to preach.) Sick fantasies for the most part with no base in reality.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe I'm a little too sensitive about this kind of thing.

<<

But I find it offensive when anybody assigns themselves a name that they haven't earned, especially regarding the military. I do know, from the many military members in my family, that most service personnel feel the same way; although, they wouldn't take the time to address someone like Robert. I guess Robert thinks as lowly of our military as Ken does. Is that a fundie thing?

But it would be like, as he's working security, he makes people call him "Officer Robert" when he's not an policeman.

And, yes, our service men and women must repeatedly pass physical and classroom tests to maintain standing. Robert would be incapable of dong either of these, even once.

He's like a little boy saying "look at me, I'm a cowboy today!" It's just immature on his part.

oh i agree with you fully. my grandfather (father's side) was in ww2. my uncle (father's brother) was in vietnam. my brother was in the air force and was stationed in germany when the wall came down. one of my high school friends is currently stationed overseas and another friend is as well. so claiming an unearned title is something i also find repulsive.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
if he claims to have received medals, anyone can check that by going here:

valor.defense.gov

no real reason to yet, as he hasn't claimed to have received anything, to my knowledge. but just wanted to post it just in case he tries to pull any shenanigans. while stolen valor is no longer a federal offense, it's still very much looked down on and i think would be worth a public shaming. but that's my opinion, having had several relatives/friends in the military.

Boobert, you're just not that big. I get that you WANT to be a tall guy, but you know there're actually no real benefits to being big? In fact, there is some evidence that taller people are more prone to cancer. How's about you be ok with the way God made you and stop trying to be an Internet giant.

I'm practically vibrating with anticipation for the day he tells us about how he worked as a scuba instructor in Barbados, rescued child soldiers in the Congo and healed Ebola patients in Liberia just by laying hands on them. Please make it happen. :cracking-up:

And back pain.

You know, with the way Robert lies about and exaggerates everything, I will admit that I have wondered (hoped?) that he was exaggerating certain elements in the cabin story... trying to fit in with the "cool kids" (Ken and Lori). If that were the case, he would still be a liar and still be emotionally abusive, but it wouldn't maybe be as bad as we thought.

Although Amanda's version of the story was no less horrifying.

But I can still hope that for the sake of her and the kids that his original "my wife was in rebellion" story included his typical flair for exaggeration.

I also wish it was all an exaggeration. I can't, for the life of me, figure out why he thought that story would NOT offend most people, though. We at FJ aren't the only ones who were horrified by those details. He's drawn attention from others as well. Is he really so out of touch with reality, so arrogant, that he did not think that story would raise red flags for a lot of people?

I left a comment posting as my husband...let's see what happens.

Here's what I said:

A “sky pilot†is a term used to refer usually to Air Force Chaplains. Using it as you are is rather offensive to the millions of Air Force families, active, former and retired. If you claim to respect those serving, please refrain from using this term. You’ve not earned the right to use it by virtue of not wearing the uniform of a USAF chaplain.

Maybe I'm a little too sensitive about this kind of thing.

<<

But I find it offensive when anybody assigns themselves a name that they haven't earned, especially regarding the military. I do know, from the many military members in my family, that most service personnel feel the same way; although, they wouldn't take the time to address someone like Robert. I guess Robert thinks as lowly of our military as Ken does. Is that a fundie thing?

But it would be like, as he's working security, he makes people call him "Officer Robert" when he's not an policeman.

And, yes, our service men and women must repeatedly pass physical and classroom tests to maintain standing. Robert would be incapable of dong either of these, even once.

He's like a little boy saying "look at me, I'm a cowboy today!" It's just immature on his part.

No, it is not a fundie thing (ime). My father spent more than 20 years in the USAF until he retired, and his service was never denigrated at any of the churches we attended. That said, we obviously attended churches near military bases. Maybe some of the more rural fundie churches that are nowhere near a base might treat service members badly.

And to answer another poster, there is no way that Boobert could ever pass a fitness test. He might be strong enough to wrestle cows, but I don't have any doubt in my mind that he'd drop dead of an MI if he tried to jog more than a block.

Robert. You are not intimidating or scary in any way. You look like an average somewhat overweight guy. It is only your personality that would make me cross the street if I saw you coming.

Wasn't the original title of the latest post "Sky Pilot"? Because it's now "Just Repeat After Me..."

He does still use the phrase "sky pilot" in the text though.

But now I can't remember -- was that the original title or did he change it?

Hey Bob, thought of some other manly hero professions for ya:

Firefighter (this is a really good one)

Astronaut

Fighter Pilot (I mean, show me a Manly Man who doesn't want to be Tom Cruise in Top Gun)

Stuntman

EMT

Roughneck

Deep Sea Fisherman (you know you LOVE Deadliest Catch!)

I've come to the conclusion that Robert and Amanda live in a town of either a) short people, thus making him think that he's big as a mountain etc or b) live in a town filled with little people.

I'm short to begin with (5'3") and now being in a wheelchair, most people seem tall to me. Those pics of Robert, he looked average. He was next to other people/furniture so there were things for frame of reference and he looked completely average sized.

If there are any baseball fans here, years ago I met Al Martin when he was playing for the Pirates. He had legs like small tree trunks. Al Martin was built like a mountain. That is not the impression I got from Robert's pic/video.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Also, can someone who isn't banned (dammit) ask him what a sky pilot is? For all we know, he thinks a sky pilot is someone who flies a little two-seater around while throwing Bibles out the door.

:lol: I pictured him in the two-seater plane that has a banner attached advertising the local diner's early bird special 8-)

I go back and forth between feeling really sorry for Robert, and finding him completely horrible.

Sorry for, because he's obviously not happy with himself or his life. He's got a wife, kids, a house and a bit of land, and apparently a business, but he always has to be bigger, stronger, with an exotic history, in danger, acclaimed by others. I hate to pull the whole 'be grateful' card but well.... I feel bad that he can't appreciate what he has. I feel bad for his kids and wife, who may wonder why their love isn't good enough, and for the other people who are part of his past but aren't exciting enough for him to be grateful for them or to talk about.

I hate what people like that do to the other people in their lives, though, and ust... ugh.

And then I just find his lying annoying and obnoxious and the sympathy goes away.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
With all this talk about his looks and size, I skimmed back through his blog for the post with the photo and video. It seems to be gone. I did a quick Google search and the link to that post "They're keeping me another year," leads to an error message. Did he scrub that post? Wonder why...

I go back and forth between feeling really sorry for Robert, and finding him completely horrible.

Sorry for, because he's obviously not happy with himself or his life. He's got a wife, kids, a house and a bit of land, and apparently a business, but he always has to be bigger, stronger, with an exotic history, in danger, acclaimed by others. I hate to pull the whole 'be grateful' card but well.... I feel bad that he can't appreciate what he has. I feel bad for his kids and wife, who may wonder why their love isn't good enough, and for the other people who are part of his past but aren't exciting enough for him to be grateful for them or to talk about.

I hate what people like that do to the other people in their lives, though, and ust... ugh.

And then I just find his lying annoying and obnoxious and the sympathy goes away.

This is so true. I feel like he must be an exhausting person to be around. He's probably either boasting or asking for others to compliment him in some way. He seems very insecure, as evidenced in the way he mentions his blog statistics, and his disappointment in his readership and comments. Every few days he makes a post that seems to be just begging for accolades. I wonder if his kids are already learning how to read Daddy's moods and change their behavior accordingly.

He's made it clear that he believes himself to be better than his wife, at least based on looks. Evidently she is a perfect wife now but in the past was horribly sinful. He, on the other hand has never been anything but completely Godly and everything a husband should be, according to him.

If the Robert we see now is the true Robert, I wouldn't give him much thought, but I can't get past the foul-mouthed writer who bragged about abusing his wife - the first Robert we saw before he "moved to Alaska." Can you imagine living with a man who switches personalities like that? It's rather scary.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
With all this talk about his looks and size, I skimmed back through his blog for the post with the photo and video. It seems to be gone. I did a quick Google search and the link to that post "They're keeping me another year," leads to an error message. Did he scrub that post? Wonder why...

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
It's still in my feed reader -- try this link: youtube.com/watch?v=AEHhioAeXO8&list=UUs-ZekgTh_RgkU2zP_VICVg&feature=player_embedded

L. Ron, my husband is 6'1" and very average in stature and he'd tear you apart. He was a bouncer at a club before we started dating, when he weighed about 140 soaking wet. And that's really nothing special because anyone with half a brain knows that size doesn't matter (ha, that's probably one of your favorite phrases) when it comes to physical altercations.

The only thing you have that's larger than 99% of all humans is your fucking ego.

Hey guys! I found this as one of the definitions of sky pilot on Wikipedia:

Pejorative (20th century, Wobbly lingo) for a member of the clergy who counsels passive acceptance of existing sociopolitical structures.

So CM is a sky pilot after all! :lol:

I sort of love your typo. :lol:

OMG, I didn't even notice that!

:lol:

That might apply to some of our more subtle snarkees, but there is nothing sly about CM -- he's a bull and the world is his china shop.

OMG, I didn't even notice that!

:lol:

That might apply to some of our more subtle snarkees, but there is nothing sly about CM -- he's a bull and the world is his china shop.

I suspect he thinks he's sly and clever though. :wink-kitty:

CM amuses me, but I can barely bring forth the effort to snark any more. He's so ... predictable. And desperate. And insecure. It sort of takes the fun out of it. I can't stay mad, he's too pathetic. What happened to the alpha male from Lori's page? I could at least muster the energy to hate him. This softer, more doughy version is more despicable and sad than anything. I mean, he's a soft-around-the-middle man about my age, who is convinced a few extra pounds and average height makes him "stronger than 97% of men." Robert, Robert, Robert. You are painfully average. Your ideology (and, it would seem, resume) is tractable to whatever suits your need for attention. Most of us are average, with a few extra pounds (better developed morality and firmer ideology, though). You''re just another middle-aged guy with a family, having fantasies of being more important than you are. Accept your life, and give up all this sky piloting, bull shooting, Ghandi-in-the-making hyperbole that makes you look like a pathological liar.

I think this is an incredibly insightful post.

That is all......now on with the snark!

Archived