IGNORED

Petition for the Duggars to be Cancelled

JumpingD

The thing is, no matter what, the kids are the only ones who are going to pay the full price. They are the ones who are basically skillless, uneducated, brainwashed and limited. JB has used them to support the family. He has profited off of their backs and when it all ends, he'll be the one sitting with the big pile of money. I think Josh has already put 2+2 together and realized that big families cost a lot, lot of money. Hopefully the other couples will quickly catch on too.

JB will not live with the negative consequences of the next 50+ years, the kids will.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The thing is, no matter what, the kids are the only ones who are going to pay the full price. They are the ones who are basically skillless, uneducated, brainwashed and limited. JB has used them to support the family. He has profited off of their backs and when it all ends, he'll be the one sitting with the big pile of money. I think Josh has already put 2+2 together and realized that big families cost a lot, lot of money. Hopefully the other couples will quickly catch on too.

JB will not live with the negative consequences of the next 50+ years, the kids will.

Those kids are already skilless, uneducated, brainwashed, and limited, and they're already going to pay a price. Why should this mean that the dozen or so younger Duggars get priority over the millions of people their family is trying to oppress? is it because we know their names and faces, while that teen in the midwest scared to come out to his family because Michelle's robocall riled them up, is an unknown person? We can't undo the damage already done to them, but we can try to lessen the number of gay people and youth who'll be harmed by the Duggars' antics. If JB&M start being worse of shits to those kids, it'll be shell-shock, and might be the wakeup call that gets some of the teens to starting asking WTF?, and to realize that their parents aren't the perfect people they're being told to think they are. It's not going to help those kids at all to continue learning that spitting our bigotry and using it to try passing laws will get them money. That's a good way to motivate them to continue the cycle. Breaking it now will either result in them keeping the cycle anyway, or being treated bad and opening their eyes to reality. Unlike most other fundies, they have had more exposure to good times.

The Duggar kids will be fine. We really shouldn't worry that their quality of life may decline because there won't be as many trips. Cry me a river over fewer vacations. And I really don't think they'll start getting beaten.

But the power they have to rally people together against gay people needs to end, even if that means that they don't get to be so happy all the time. They'll still be better off than the people riled by hate speech who go off and gay-bash and kill people. Tina Brandon and Michael Shepherd. Josie Duggar and Josiah Duggar. Are you really more worried about preventing the second names from seeing a decline in life than in preventing more if the first couple names? For every Tina and Michael, there are many more gay and trans youth who are beaten to bloody pulps, sometimes by their own families, for coming out. So we really want to support Josie and Josiah's current level of comfort it is means others literally get their faces smashed in because they're inspired by JB and Michelle to hate gay people?

Tina and Michael don't have to live with the effects of gay-hate because they don't get to live at all. Gay-hate resulted in their murders.

I agree the show needs to end now- but what I was attempting to say is that JB, the main perpetrator of the hate, is going to be the least affected.

If you mean Mathew Shepherd, turns out he wasn't killed because he was gay. He was killed by a sometime bisexual lover over a drug selling turf battle. The media ran with a story that was not actually fact checked until many years later. Not that the poor kid deserved that horrible death, but it was not a anti-gay hate crime. huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/12/stephen-jimenez-matthew-shepard_n_3914707.html

The Duggar petition is now pushing 48,000 signatures. I think they'll make the quota easily.

The fact that this is on Facebook feed is a huge deal. I mean, my Mom even sent me this message (and she is the kind of person who watches TLC religiously. No pun intended.)

tNVIGXr.png?1

My friend who works for Upworthy tweeted the day that Michelle and Jim Bob posted the kissing photo that LGBTQ couples should respond with their own photos. I don't think he was the only instigator, but makes me so happy to see how far this is gone.

I may not get voted most popular for this.....but I do not agree with cancelling the show. if someone doesn't like their personal views, don't watch. I can't stand the Kardashian show because it's too vulgar for my personal preference. I think they talk too much sex. It's disgusting to me, so I don't watch it. My sister loves it and I still like her. If you are ok with it, watch it. That's your choice.

I don't agree with the Duggars views on almost everything, religion, education, child rearing, politics etc., and I will tell someone that if they asked me, but I watch the show and it's probably because they are so different. I enjoy the snark and I am free to be snarky, if the duggars don't like what I say, well, they don't have to read it!

If you mean Mathew Shepherd, turns out he wasn't killed because he was gay. He was killed by a sometime bisexual lover over a drug selling turf battle. The media ran with a story that was not actually fact checked until many years later. Not that the poor kid deserved that horrible death, but it was not a anti-gay hate crime. huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/12/stephen-jimenez-matthew-shepard_n_3914707.html

Not to pot stir but this version of events is also highly disputed. I doubt we'll ever know the truth of what happened that night.

That said, even if Mathew wasn't killed because he was gay, others have been. Many others. Many are beaten and brutally abused by their own families and community members. A huge chunk of homeless youth are lgbtq.

I agree that it's time for the Duggars gravy train to be done. They are using the money they're earning to do very real damage.

Not to pot stir but this version of events is also highly disputed. I doubt we'll ever know the truth of what happened that night.

That said, even if Mathew wasn't killed because he was gay, others have been. Many others. Many are beaten and brutally abused by their own families and community members. A huge chunk of homeless youth are lgbtq.

I'm with you on the state of LGBTQ kids in this country. But the truth is the truth and if the Shepherd story is ultimately based on a massive lie, that's not a good thing.

I strongly recommend the book. It's exceptionally well-researched and leaves no doubt about Mathew's prior involvement with his primary murderer. We may never know exactly what happened that night and it's a complex story, but his orientation is not the reason he was killed.

I may not get voted most popular for this.....but I do not agree with cancelling the show. if someone doesn't like their personal views, don't watch.

The Duggars have a first amendment right to free speech and can hate on anyone or anything they so choose. But this doesn't entitle them to a TV show.

I think TLC has been pushing the envelop for some time now with Josh, trying to portray him as an aw shucks regular guy who just happened to land in DC when we know he's working for a hate group. A job he got solely because of his TLC celebrity! His parents push an anti-gay, anti-woman, pro-patriarchy agenda and they want to influence America politically in this direction.

If TLC finally gets a long deserved dose of bad press because of how they've portrayed this family of haters, I'm all for it. If TLC then decides this is all too toxic for the network and dumps them, I say it's about time.

I may not get voted most popular for this.....but I do not agree with cancelling the show. if someone doesn't like their personal views, don't watch. I can't stand the Kardashian show because it's too vulgar for my personal preference. I think they talk too much sex. It's disgusting to me, so I don't watch it. My sister loves it and I still like her. If you are ok with it, watch it. That's your choice.

I don't agree with the Duggars views on almost everything, religion, education, child rearing, politics etc., and I will tell someone that if they asked me, but I watch the show and it's probably because they are so different. I enjoy the snark and I am free to be snarky, if the duggars don't like what I say, well, they don't have to read it!

IMO the Duggars talk way more about sex than the Kardashians, however I haven't watched either show in some time, so my opinion may not be justified.

Josh continues to be a dick:

Duggar, now Executive Director FRC Action, is the oldest child of the Tontitown, Ark., family featured in the TLC reality show. He said America’s strong economy is linked to its strong families and strong faith, adding that there is an “agenda to silence us, to silence those of us who believe in what is right.â€

“Let me tell you, they’re taking away your right to speak,†said Duggar. “And I call on the Arkansas Supreme Court to stand with the people and to honor their vote.â€

Then many in attendance marched to the Arkansas Supreme Court on the Capitol grounds, where they bowed their heads or kneeled in prayer.

The Arkansas Supreme Court is scheduled to hear oral arguments on Thursday in an appeal of a circuit judge’s ruling that allowed same-sex marriages. A federal hearing in U.S. District Court on gay marriage is also scheduled for Thursday.

lgbtqnation.com/2014/11/19-kids-star-josh-duggar-leads-anti-gay-marriage-rally-at-arkansas-capitol/

Let's hope the court in the Arkansas case rules the same as in Montana, Kansas, and South Carolina. These three states have become the latest states to have marriage equality established by a court ruling. SC just had its first same sex wedding today. Can you believe that? South -freakin'- Carolina!

:gay-rainbowflag::gay-rainbowflag::gay-rainbowflag: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rainbow:

The Duggar petition is now pushing 48,000 signatures. I think they'll make the quota easily.

Just since this post, almost exactly 2 hours ago, it's up to 56,500+. Just in scanning the thread to find it 250 more were added. And another hundred while writing this post.

I agree -- if I don't like it, I don't watch it. However, unlike the Duggars, the Kardashians aren't going around trying to change laws to discriminate against specific groups, or not that I know of. The Kardashians aren't going around spouting some ideal of a woman's 'place' in society. No, I don't like the Kardashians and I have watched their show. Not my cup of tea, and neither is 19 Kids and Counting, which I've also watched. The Kardashians want money (I'm guessing). They want your money and my money, and they want us to buy the Kardashian line clothes and handbags and overpriced apps, but they're not going around trying to take away or deny rights to others (again, not that I know of).

The Duggars are free to spew as much hate and vitriol as they want. It's when they start acting on it that's worrying. Campaigning. Robo-calls. Marches. They very well could be and probably are using their show and 'fame' to help with their campaigning and such, though I have no direct knowledge of this, but I'd say with good certainty that their show and fame are not working against them while they are on their hate tours.

I'm so sick of commenters saying that the Duggars free speech is being violated. These morons don't even understand the 1st Amendment of The Constitution they cling so tightly to.

The Duggars have a first amendment right to free speech and can hate on anyone or anything they so choose. But this doesn't entitle them to a TV show.

I think TLC has been pushing the envelop for some time now with Josh, trying to portray him as an aw shucks regular guy who just happened to land in DC when we know he's working for a hate group. A job he got solely because of his TLC celebrity! His parents push an anti-gay, anti-woman, pro-patriarchy agenda and they want to influence America politically in this direction.

If TLC finally gets a long deserved dose of bad press because of how they've portrayed this family of haters, I'm all for it. If TLC then decides this is all too toxic for the network and dumps them, I say it's about time.

I agree that it's time for the Duggars gravy train to be done. They are using the money they're earning to do very real damage.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Their personal views aren't personal anymore when they're trying to make their beliefs into laws that affect and oppress others. The Kardashians aren't trying to get laws passed to make everyone conform to their ideas of what should be. Duggars and Kardashians are apples and oranges in this.

Has anyone else seen this? I was reading comments on HuffPo and someone posted a link to this petition to keep 19KAC on TLC :angry-banghead: . It was started yesterday and cannot believe that it is almost at 10,000.

http://www.petitions24.com/keep_19_kids ... ing_on_tlc

When I saw that an hour ago, it was at under a thousand signs.

Also I think this means us:

"Please do NOT cancel the Duggars. A group spreading their hate should not bring down this wonderful family."

http://www.petitions24.com/forum/116932#2

And this speaks for itself:

"Do the right thing and keep the show on. Let the Gays parade around like the idiots they are! Ignore them!"

http://www.petitions24.com/forum/116932#8

Okay. Wow.

"Keep "19 Kids & Counting" on the air. If the qu**rs and g*yw*ds don't like its content, don't watch it! "

http://www.petitions24.com/forum/116932#14

Those are within the first 14 comments.

If anyone from TLC reads those comments, I think they'll see what their fans watch the show for, and it's not good stuff.

In general I agree. However I signed because TLC spins the family and their values giving them greater influence in the political arena they are stepping into. I say either quit the free advertising for people with a hate filled agenda or show them as they really are. Have Michelle do a TH about how transsexuals are really pedophiles wanting to get into women's restrooms.

As much as I enjoy hate-watching the Duggars and then coming here for the Snark fest, their show really needs to go. My favorite part of Tuesday is waiting for the show to end and then coming here to read the comments.

The Duggars and Bates used to be just an oddity and it was interesting to watch them organize and mange so many children, but they have hate behind those sweet countenances and they have become dangerous.

The lies Kelly Bates was repeating to pass the anti abortion laws makes me sick to my stomach. Abortion laws hurt all women, they are being used against pregnant woman who have every intention of carrying to term.

It always blows my mind how conservatives go on and on about small government and personal freedoms, but then can't stay out of my bedroom or my uterus.

I don't think TLC will be able to ignore the petitions. The Today Show and People won't be able to. We may have seen our last Duggar appearance on both.

But the Kardashians aren't out there trying to pass laws about other people's civil rights and spreading lies about the trans community. The Kardashians aren't doing any harm.

I don't want the show to be cancelled because I love to hate watch it & snark on them. But I do hope it sends some kind of message (not that they will get it) that hate is not cool.

And I'd love just one Duggar to tell me how marriage equality affects them in a personal way.

I think at this point, the kids will be fine if the show was cancelled. They aren't going to be pushed onto the brink of starvation and lose everything, as I am sure Jimbob can save enough money for them to keep the house and afford to eat and they will still get money from people buying their books and are still popular enough in the fundie crowd to speak at events.. The Duggar kids who live away from home will be okay on their own-they have 3, 1 and 0 kids-it will be way harder for them to lose the TLC money if they had 10 each. It might be hard for Jill and Derick to keep that big house without Jimbob's help, it looks huge and I don't know how much Derick earns, but they could move to a normal 2 or 3 bedroom house and be okay-if they are struggling, Jill could finish the midwife course and start working too. Josh has a good job and presumably earns enough to support 3 kids, I presume he gets money from TLC for when he is filmed, but I think he does okay from his job. Jessa and Ben would both be unemployed, but they would get a share of the Growing Up Duggar book as Jessa wrote some of it, and they both could get jobs and live in a small house together and be okay. There would also be a market for a tell all about the more dysfunctional stuff if any of the Duggar kids needed the money-everyone wants to hear that.

The kids have already been exposed to the real world, and nothing can take that away from them. They will be fine, and it might be beneficial for them to live the rest of their lives in privacy. It might give them the courage to stop toeing the line and move out. What if some of them only aren't because of the show, they don't want viewers judging them or thinking the worst of them, or only keeping going because if they break the TLC contract they wont get filmed and wont get money. The ones who moved out might only be appearing fundie because they think it is what viewers want and what they will get money for, but if there is no TLC money there is no incentive for them to stay if they are truly over the fundie bullshit. I think a decent amount of these kids would prefer it if they weren't being filmed all of the time and having the world watch their private moments.

I do like watching it to snark on it, but there will still be fundies to snark on if there was no 19 Kids and Counting. They will all still exist, and we will keep up on their lives through their social media accounts.

Archived