IGNORED

Petition for the Duggars to be Cancelled

JumpingD

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what she said about the bill they were trying to block:

"...the bill will “allow men — yes I said men — to use womens’ and girls’ restrooms, locker rooms, showers, sleeping areas and other areas that are designated for females only.†She goes onto describe “males with past child predator convictions that claim they are female†who would enter these private areas.

Duggar also suggests that gender identity is the “preference of an adult†and that should never be placed over “the safety and innocence of a child.†"

Michelle Duggar Warns Arkansas Community That Transgender People Are Child Predators

This is what she said about the bill they were trying to block:

"...the bill will “allow men — yes I said men — to use womens’ and girls’ restrooms, locker rooms, showers, sleeping areas and other areas that are designated for females only.†She goes onto describe “males with past child predator convictions that claim they are female†who would enter these private areas.

Duggar also suggests that gender identity is the “preference of an adult†and that should never be placed over “the safety and innocence of a child.†"

Michelle Duggar Warns Arkansas Community That Transgender People Are Child Predators

I would love to see Jazz Jennings' mother debate Michelle Duggar on trans stuff. (I'd say Jazz, since she is such a great little speaker, but I wouldn't force a child to deal with Michelle's hate) or that one religious (Mormon?) mother who is a gun toting republican who gave a kick ass speech about her daughter transitioning.

If TLC cancelled the Duggars show- they would get picked up by someone else. Having the Duggars do even a few specials would be a gold mine for any of the Christian TV Channels like UP of CBN.

JB, you obviously have no reading comprehension skills. What part of "love your enemies" did you not understand? I signed the petition too. But first, I want them exposed nationwide (as in the evening news rather than the internet) for the narrow-minded, hateful, spiteful, offensive, misogynistic, patriarchal, controlling non-Christ like peopole they are.

If TLC cancelled the Duggars show- they would get picked up by someone else. Having the Duggars do even a few specials would be a gold mine for any of the Christian TV Channels like UP of CBN.

They very well could follow the Bates family to UP Channel. Frickin' gold mine there for that channel...*blech*

The petition now has 31,500 signatures AND it is on the Facebook "what's trending" feed.

This is huge, and no doubt will it cause TLC to think about the future of this show. I'm just happy that so many people realize how awful this family is :cracking-up:

The Huffington Post has picked up the story. (with petition link).

TLC absolutely should have cancelled the show or dropped the Smuggars as lead characters once Josh took the hate group job.

I would say 30,000 plus signatures and the "Huffington Post" picking up the story of petition is more than just a minor backlash. I will be watching the evening news tonight to see if Josh's little rally and the pettition have hit the AP wire yet.

A few weeks ago a poster (sorry I don't recall who) suggested that Jessa and Ben might turn out to be the end of the Duggar TLC gravy train. If this pettition turns out to be the end of the show on TLC I would say it was JimBbob and Michelle and their patholicgical need to be the center of attention at all costs that may tank the show.

Even if a Christian TV network picks them up, won't they have a smaller audience? There have been some comments about how the Bates show 2.0 isn't really the big time money wise since a smaller network has picked them up rather than TLC.

The Duggars are hateful about all kinds of topics, and unaccepting about anyone who doesn't agree with their twisted cult world-view. They have been particularly vile about LGBTQ people and abortion.

They will make money from the leghumpers doing more books, speaking engagements etc... for years to come. You can bet as long as there is a cent to be made off his family, Jim Bob will find a way to make it.

TLC cancelling the show could give the older kids a chance to make their own decisions and escape. It could also mean the end of Josh's budding political career in the politics of hate. He is not particularly engaging to watch speak period. He only has his current job due to the show.

Who cares is TLC airs Jessa's wedding or not? We have already seen all the important pictures via "People Magazine". It will be stale and uninteresting old news by the time we have to wait for another season to see it like we did for Jill's wedding and then we hardly saw any of the ceremony at all and nearly zip of the reception other than Jill and Derrick driving off in their borrowed truck.

This is great! I hope the show is cancelled in the next few weeks for good as far as TLC goes. :dance:

Edited once for riffles.

I don't believe TLC would cancel its most popular show, no matter what the public says. If it brings in the most money, I doubt morals and principles will even count!

The petition now has 31,500 signatures AND it is on the Facebook "what's trending" feed.

This is huge, and no doubt will it cause TLC to think about the future of this show. I'm just happy that so many people realize how awful this family is :cracking-up:

That's what I logged in to share, it's on my Facebook feed. I couldn't believe it. Hoping some of my leg humper friends read it.

Mama June hooks up with an old pedophile boyfriend that has a previous record of molestation, including that of her daughter, and TLC cancels the show.

The Duggars send their daughters off to attend a camp run by a known pedophile. Their oldest son represents a hate group that wants to eliminate the rights of same-sex couples everywhere. Michelle herself has equated people who are transgendered with pedophiles, and both Duggar parents have dismissed and blocked Facebook account holders who have posted photos of same-sex couples kissing. Tell me again why it is that these people still have a television show? :evil-eye:

I guess you can get away with murder as long as you can cloak your sins in Christianity.

That's already interesting to see how different the younger kids are from the 7-8 older ones : the show obviously diminished the level of abuse, cancelling it might bring it back ... They are more and more wordly, which if it continues might give some of the middle/ younger kids an opportunity to escape ... The show is exploitation but probably make the lives of those kids easier ...

I would second this. A majority of viewers can see right through the idiotic messages JB and J'chelle throw our way, and its more viewing it for the sheer craziness of their lifestyle :pink-shock: but I do worry for the kids. Those communities are so self-protecting, the show is the only way they get to experience the 'outside world', even if it isn't much, it's still something. You can already see from several of the kids they don't drink the koolaid quite as much as dear ma and pa.

Cancelling the show won't affect or change the 'growed up' Duggars/Smuggars at all. They'll just retreat back into themselves claiming persecution and seeing it as our issue and not theirs . Perhaps the more exposure the younger ones get to the real world, the better it will be for the upcoming generation.

My two cents :whistle:

Mama June hooks up with an old pedophile boyfriend that has a previous record of molestation, including that of her daughter, and TLC cancels the show.

The Duggars send their daughters off to attend a camp run by a known pedophile. Their oldest son represents a hate group that wants to eliminate the rights of same-sex couples everywhere. Michelle herself has equated people who are transgendered with pedophiles, and both Duggar parents have dismissed and blocked Facebook account holders who have posted photos of same-sex couples kissing. Tell me again why it is that these people still have a television show? :evil-eye:

I guess you can get away with murder as long as you can cloak your sins in Christianity.

so true.

There's an anti-campaign going too. I bet this will just make them more popular with social conservatives, esp. with the recent tea party wins in the election: people feeling like they can get away with open hate. :angry-banghead:

BUT it will also make the show more obviously fundie. People are starting to notice the ugly, judgmental side of the Duggars.

It's sad, but TLC doesn't care what they believe, it seems like cancelling Honey Boo Boo was mostly because of child endangerment, that reason can't apply here in the same way unfortunately. TLC just wants viewers. The more drama the better. :roll:

i hope i'm wrong, though. i hope they do cancel, for the kids' sake.

I want them cancelled. I don't want they drawing a paycheck from this bullshit. We'll still hear what happens to them. People will still pay them. They'll still post to Instagram. They're too fame-whorish to go away. I'd still like to hear what's happening on the Shitshow Express too, but I don't want them getting paychecks from TLC to have even more money to try pushing laws forward to make gay people legally subhuman.

Dont get me wrong, I am not one of those people that scream "free speech!" when people face the consequences of their hurtful opinions (Think of the whole duck dynasty debacle) The first amendment protects the people from the government infringing on these rights. it doesn't create a right to a TV show.

Having said that, the Duggars are open about their views. Why should the show get cancelled purely because they flaunted these already very well known views?

When people are offended by peoples actions, then they should stop fueling the fire. You cant strong arm people to believe your way. If people are that offended, they should stop watching the show, not force a network to cancel something even though it is wildly popular. It will just cause opposite backlash (Chick fil-a, and again, duck dynasty)

The Duggars are on the wrong side of history, time will prove them wrong as public perception subtly shifts. But trying burying opinions that you dont like isnt the right way to approach it.

Also, what would we snark on?!

There's a limit to how much people will take when it comes to people getting paid. They haven't publicly called for executions like PP has, but, unlike PP, the Duggars are getting paid a fortune, and people are finally getting fed up in droves. We'll still hear about the Duggars if the show is cancelled. They'll still try their dame bullshit. But they wouldn't be getting paid for the work of being bigots.

That's already interesting to see how different the younger kids are from the 7-8 older ones : the show obviously diminished the level of abuse, cancelling it might bring it back ... They are more and more wordly, which if it continues might give some of the middle/ younger kids an opportunity to escape ... The show is exploitation but probably make the lives of those kids easier ...

I'm going to be blunt. If it comes down to making easier the lives of the younger Duggars, or protecting the rights of millions, including kids, I'll throw the dozen younger Duggars under the bus. I don't want to see them hurt, but the 12 of them aren't worth more than millions of other people who include kids who get beaten already. Pushing for equality has changed people into accepting gay people, and this makes home a safer place for gay kids and teens to come out. I'm more concerned about protecting a larger number of people than a dozen Duggars. Besides, chances are good that JB and J'Chelle are so out of touch that they wouldn't bother with the discipline. They've got daughter-moms to deal with that for them. And without the cameras on them, the kids have a better chance of escaping, and any who are gay (statistically, a couple will be), they may feel safer coming out if the cameras aren't in their faces 24/7. The benefit to those kids of being on the show has peeked. Now it's trapping them.

I'm going to be blunt. If it comes down to making easier the lives of the younger Duggars, or protecting the rights of millions, including kids, I'll throw the dozen younger Duggars under the bus. I don't want to see them hurt, but the 12 of them aren't worth more than millions of other people who include kids who get beaten already. Pushing for equality has changed people into accepting gay people, and this makes home a safer place for gay kids and teens to come out. I'm more concerned about protecting a larger number of people than a dozen Duggars. Besides, chances are good that JB and J'Chelle are so out of touch that they wouldn't bother with the discipline. They've got daughter-moms to deal with that for them. And without the cameras on them, the kids have a better chance of escaping, and any who are gay (statistically, a couple will be), they may feel safer coming out if the cameras aren't in their faces 24/7. The benefit to those kids of being on the show has peeked. Now it's trapping them.

THUMBS UP TO THIS A MILLION TIMES. :cracking-up: :dance: :clap:

And I still dont understand why they disagree with gay marriage. How does someone else getting married affect them?? This whole "sanctity" bullshit is a cop-out.

Love is love, man. Love is love. :nanner-sex:

Archived