IGNORED

JD courting - speculative article out today w/Maisespace

BrownieMomma

1) I'm not joking.

2) I know where the source came from, but the commenter never came forward to recant.

3) Yes, I believe they might have had sex in the church.

4) No, the private kiss makes no sense at all

5) I never trust people who talk/post ad nauseum about purity and being a virgin like the Duggars do. It's called trying to hard to convince people of something.

6) Jessa has seen her parents and her married siblings kiss, so I think she gets the idea.

7) This is just my opinion, and I realize I could be wrong.

ETA: 19KAC is heavily scripted and edited. So, who knows what really goes on in that house.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1) I'm not joking.

2) I know where the source came from, but the commenter never came forward to recant.

3) Yes, I believe they might have had sex in the church.

5) I never trust people who talk/post ad nauseum about purity and being a virgin like the Duggars do. It's called trying to hard to convince people of something.

6) Jessa has seen her parents and her married siblings kiss, so I think she gets the idea.

7) This is just my opinion, and I realize I could be wrong.

ETA: 19KAC is heavily scripted and edited. So, who knows what really goes on in that house.

Good Lord, seriously?????

As to # 2, it was a PARODY ! A Joke, Satire. Why would the commenter come forward to " recant" it was a parody site. Every single thing on it is fake.

That's like expecting Tina Fey to come forward and "recant" her impression of Sarah Palin, because she's not REALLY Sarah Palin. It's not necessary.

:angry-banghead:

About having sex in church, it isn't as uncommon as some may think. I know one couple who did. They didn't get caught though.

Anyway, the explanation of Jessa and Ben's first kiss being in a separate room in the church rather than at the alter makes no sense to me. If she really wanted to stick it to JB she and Ben would have had a long hot kiss rather than just a typical kiss at the alter. So, I'm not buying the private kiss thing. But something happened in that room, otherwise they wouldn't have needed it.

1. Jessa isn't the first fundie who didn't kiss at the alter. I think Jasmine Baucham wrote about not wanting her first kiss at the alter years before she courted/got married.

2. You've allowed the Duggars to drive you crazy. IT WAS A PARODY SITE. I hope you don't get your news from the onion. It seem like you need this to be true :? Why can't you let go of this rumor(that is from a parody site)?

3. There are plenty of reasons to hate the Duggars. Why do we need over the top rumors and speculation?

Why would People Magazine, who had someone on site, lie about Jessa and Ben not kissing at the alter? I didn't buy it until I read it there later in the day but I saw no reason not to believe them.

Why would People Magazine, who had someone on site, lie about Jessa and Ben not kissing at the alter? I didn't buy it until I read it there later in the day but I saw no reason not to believe them.

I think you fell of the train.. We're talking about the rumor that they had SEX in church, not that they didn't have their first kiss... :angry-banghead:

You know, I think sometimes people post/talk frequently about things they wish were true about their lives, or think should be true, but aren't. Like the Facebook in-law I have who used to always post about her perfect house and husband and children and life. And the more super shiny perfect gloating superior the posts were --the worse real life actually was. Like the posts about her kids being perfectly well behaved and advanced in everything and super cooperative would always come when I knew, from actually seeing the kids that day -- that they were at their most obnoxious, fighting, tearing the house apart, tantruming, food-refusing toddler selves. Same with her marriage, the most lovey dovey, my life is better and more romantic than yours posts always came when she was doing something awful like cheating. Some people are like that.

But some people also talk and post about things they just feel passionately about. Like Facebook inlaw who is super tea party ish who is constantly posting about evil Obama Care and people are going to take his guns and those damn immigrants and on and on and on. Luckily he's balanced out by most of my Facebook political friends and relatives who post constantly about the right things ,i.e. - things I agree with :D

So I think Jessa and Ben could, possibly, be in the first category, where they talk constantly about purity to cover up what they were doing in real life. But given how extremely passionate about their religious beliefs they both are, in general, I think it's far more likely they are the second type.

I think you fell of the train.. We're talking about the rumor that they had SEX in church, not that they didn't have their first kiss... :angry-banghead:

One of the bullet points listed was that the story of the private kiss didn't make any sense. Like the story of that was a cover up for sex in church. I'm just trying to find out why anyone would think that People Mag would lie about the kiss. It would have been obvious if they were gone long enough to have sex wedding dresses aren't easy to get under.

Yeah, I wish my life was just like the Duggars. They are paragons of godly virtue and truth and can do no wrong. Pass me big 'ol glass of fundie kool-aid.

Yeah I'm being bitchy and judgmental, and don't give a damn.

JD has a beard now, maybe he's trying another approach at trying to get the ladies. :lol:

tumblr_nh6dt0QLT11r9t2zdo1_400.jpg

That Ted Cruz shirt is a real turn-on. Not.

Yeah, I wish my life was just like the Duggars. They are paragons of godly virtue and truth and can do no wrong. Pass me big 'ol glass of fundie kool-aid.

Yeah I'm being bitchy and judgmental, and don't give a damn.

How on earth does not believing a nonsensical rumor, that was never, ever, meant to be taken seriously, from a PARODY site, equal thinking the Duggars are paragons of virtue who can do no wrong?

I also don't think they: ax murdered the family down the street and added their bodies as protein for tater-tot casserole, are secretly running a brothel with Tupac as their Pimp, or have Jimmy Hoffa buried in their yard.

I don't understand the obsession with believing every single conceivable bad thing you hear or can imagine about people, just because they are people who have some objectionable qualities. Even a LOT of objectionable traits and beliefs. It just isn't possible that ALL the bad things anyone ever speculates are true. Especially the ones from a PARODY site.

I was being snarky and bitchy. Tupac isn't their pimp, he's the Bateses pimp. Jimmy Hoffa is buried somewhere on Mike Pearl's property....LOL

If that were true, I betcha anything Gil Bates would own up and start charging people admission to see the site. :lol:

*if Hoffa was buried on the Bates property, I mean

I guess the reason I think there is something to these stories is because the Duggar aren't truthful either. I also think they are more "worldly" than they appear and express themselves to be. And, there is my intense anger towards fundies and how dangerous their beliefs are to women and children.

I guess the reason I think there is something to these stories is because the Duggar aren't truthful either. I also think they are more "worldly" than they appear and express themselves to be. And, there is my intense anger towards fundies and how dangerous their beliefs are to women and children.

Okay, but thinking there's 'something' in a story that some random idiot invented for his/her own amusement? If I created a blog and claimed to know the Duggars and posted that John David was actually a Satanist and the whole story about Josie was made up and she was actually Jana's love child with Rob Ford, would you believe that too?

The Duggars have major issues. I totally disagree with them on almost everything and I think that their beliefs harm their children in many ways and that if they could they would absolutely take over society and impose their damaging lifestyle on everyone. It's not even so much that I feel sorry for them when they find themselves the subject of outrageous rumours - it's just mind boggling to see people accept and regurgitate the most incredibly ridiculous crap without even trying to substantiate it, and often apparently without caring at all whether it's true or false. We mock the Duggars for blindly believing that man walked the earth with dinosaurs and that Jesus turned water into grape juice - how is believing the utter rubbish churned out from these gossip sites and parody blogs any better?

I don't think we know enough about JD to determine whether he's interested in marriage or not.

On the show he's said several times that he likes being single. Personally I think he has a pretty good set up for him right now. He seems to have a variety of things he's up to right now (volunteer firefighter, pilot training, being defeated in local elections) that he may not have the time to devote to those things if he gets married and starts having children. I don't see him being in a hurry to get married anytime soon and if he does start courting then I would assume pressure from Jim Bob (which we've seen on the show) played a big role in his decision.

What is JD's exact title? In a recent episode he said in a talking head - "There are benefits to being a cop"..?

JD has a beard now, maybe he's trying another approach at trying to get the ladies. :lol:

tumblr_nh6dt0QLT11r9t2zdo1_400.jpg

I don't know. I kind of like the beard. It keeps him from being a clone of the large moon-faced, big-toothed male population of that family. Breaks up the shine a bit.

I really like the beard a lot. I always found him to be painfully ugly. The ugliest Duggar male besides the revolting Jim Bob. The beard completey changes his look and actually makes him attractive.

What is JD's exact title? In a recent episode he said in a talking head - "There are benefits to being a cop"..?

He used to be a constable, but i don't know if he still is.

I vote for being in favor of the beard. Smuggar looked bad when he tried growing one. (UK/israel trip) Derrick looks great and is made for one. Ben, OK, but he just has one of those faces that should be clean shaven.

I wonder if Jim Boob every tried a beard?

I really like the beard a lot. I always found him to be painfully ugly. The ugliest Duggar male besides the revolting Jim Bob. The beard completey changes his look and actually makes him attractive.

The Duggar boys tend to start out as cute kids and then... er... not so much. So far, the only one who got better looking after he hit puberty is Jeremiah. He was an ordinary buck-toothed, freckle-faced kid, but he is growing into a very nice-looking young man.

I think Justin might turn out handsome as well. And Josiah has a nice face. In some pics he looks very handsome. His haircut from Alert was unfortunate but now with some growth on it it doesn't look as bad.

I thought James was very cute as a little boy, but he has the kind of baby face that could go either way. Some med can pull off a baby face as an adult just fine, others not so much. Jackson is in that pre-pubescent awkward stage with all gangly arms and legs. His wild eyes need to be toned down a bit but he was also a very cute little boy. He is a bit of a "try-hard" with trying to be precious and cute in his talking heads, but they are bound a have a few of those types out of the litter since attention is hard to come by from mom and dad.

I kind of think the girls go in the opposite direction. As little girls they are cute, but rather plain, and then around 15 or so, they just really seem to blossom into beautiful young women. Johanna is just starting to show signs of that. Jennifer has a very different look from the rest of the kids, but I think she will be very pretty. Jordyn is a cutie now, and I think will continue to just get cuter and well, Josie, hard to to say. She looks a lot of Michelle to me. I know several think Michelle is or was pretty, but I never really saw that, personally. Cute maybe, but not really pretty. Grandma Duggar is the real looker of the adults. She is the one who passed along the beauty to the young girls. And contrary to popular opinion, I don't think JB is an ugly man. I mean I don't care for his hair at all, but in his youth I thought he was pretty cute. It is just when he opens his mouth that it gets rough.

I think Michelle is actually prettier now compared to when she was young. As a girl, she was cute, but she's more attractive as an older woman.

Jim Bob is kind of funny-looking compared to his incredibly good-looking parents, but he obviously carries good genes, as his daughters are all lovely.

Jeremiah and Josiah are nice-looking young men, and I agree about JD's beard, it really works for him.

Archived