IGNORED

Michelle's "Steamy' Past

roddma

When I see these tidbits about Michelle's past pop up, I wonder what it took for her to start looking at those behaviors as sinful. It must have involved major guilt-tripping, since it's clear that Jim Bob will never get over the fact that he wasn't her first boyfriend. I've had this theory that she was blamed for the first miscarriage because she took birth control, so she went along with the Quiverfull movement as a way to atone.

And Yeatman noted that Michelle’s neighbors “used to complain because she’d mow the lawn in a bikini and wear short skirts!â€

I really think she was trying to flirt with the neighbor. In the 70s and early 80s, shorts and bikini tops weren't a big deal unless you were trying to flirt. Her parens bought her the stuff, so didn't have a problem, until it came to how she was mowing the law.

Most normal husbands would accept that was the past, not now, and get over it. JB can't seem to and probably brings it up every chance he can, which is pathetic to me. And really, the stuff she did in high school seems normal to me.

Most normal husbands would accept that was the past, not now, and get over it. JB can't seem to and probably brings it up every chance he can, which is pathetic to me. And really, the stuff she did in high school seems normal to me.

JB has some kind of complex regarding his ego. Why would you hold pointless stuff like what Mullet did as a teenager against her? Mullet is easily swayed and guilted into things it would seem. :? This is the guy who most likely limits opportunities for his children so he can remain on top. The man is a noob.

JB is an ass and I bet that's why Michelle feels guilty. Imagine how he would treat her if Michelle lost her virginity before him. He's like one of those purity people who shame sex before marriage and calls them used.

I bet he's jealous of Michelle's life before him. She grew up better than him, and had real life experiences. Part of being married us accepting your spouse the way he or she is. That's we you got married. You also forgive or accept their past

When I see these tidbits about Michelle's past pop up, I wonder what it took for her to start looking at those behaviors as sinful. It must have involved major guilt-tripping, since it's clear that Jim Bob will never get over the fact that he wasn't her first boyfriend. I've had this theory that she was blamed for the first miscarriage because she took birth control, so she went along with the Quiverfull movement as a way to atone.

I was once told that when overwhelmed or faced with uncertainty, a usual reaction is to create a "box" around ourselves. For example, if we're overwhelmed at work we might become more strict about what is and isn't part of your job description. Possibly Michelle became (understandably) overwhelmed with grief due to her miscarriage and the fundie lifestyle provided a safe "box" and set of rules for her to be in.

JMO, but Michelle is a pathological attention seeker and JB is happy to accommodate that. She is a highly skilled martyr and martyrs get attention. She needs to get over herself, it is boring.

Just think if Michelle never had a miscarriage. We wouldn't likely know who they are. At the most, they would have 4 kids.Most people would have stopped at JD and Jana with all the complications. However, Michelle felt like she 'owed God and likely attributed it to her 'wild' past. That sgow show powerful cults are. They make normal behaviors seem very wrong.

I really think she was trying to flirt with the neighbor. In the 70s and early 80s, shorts and bikini tops weren't a big deal unless you were trying to flirt. Her parens bought her the stuff, so didn't have a problem, until it came to how she was mowing the law.

Are M's parents still alive? You never see them at family events. What about siblings and nieces and nephews. You'd think the only cousin the Duggar kids had was Cousin Amy

Are M's parents still alive? You never see them at family events. What about siblings and nieces and nephews. You'd think the only cousin the Duggar kids had was Cousin Amy

Both her parents passed away some time ago and I've only seen one photo of Michelle with her siblings a few years ago. Unfortunately one her of her sisters just passed away too. However she is the baby by a mile so all siblings are considerably older than her.

I wish we knew the whole story. Grandma Mary is one of the final few that probably knows most of the details, what's it going to take to get her to speak candidly? From what we have been told, I have a feeling Michelle was a typical popular high school cheerleader, flirtatious, etc. Perhaps her parents didn't think she was hanging with the right Christian crowd and she was headed down a sinful path. Meanwhile JimBob, the ugly geek that no girl wants, finds out through his mother about Michelle who is working (yes working) at the ice cream shop she manages. Somehow they meet, the rest is a bit sketchy, but Jim Bob knew the moment he laid his eyes on her that she would be his wife. Michelle on the other hand apparently met him months prior, but doesn't remember it at all. Drugs? Mental Instability? Something made her go from cheerleader to Dim-bulbs wife. Unless he's amazing under the sheets or something... :doh: Another account of how they met, etc was laced with "fellowship" and "bible groups", etc. Who knows if any of that really took place. From what we saw of JB's Dad before he passed, was that he wasn't anything like a stereotypical fundie.

Why oh why doesn't cousin Famy write a tell all insiders book about these people? This would be the perfect time. She could make a huge chunk of money from the book and interviews and then go live somewhere far, far away. Where was she at Jill wedding?? Was she there at all?

I do not say this to be snarky, mean or accusing. There are a lot of red flags that perhaps she is suffering from a mental health problem. We have discussed this before, and of course not being privy to her medical record or other info,this is just speculation. There are missing pieces regarding her psychological makeup and unless she or someone close to her spills the beans we will never know. The family dynamic is so odd that I am betting that there is a thick system of denial in regards to her struggles. A LOT of mainstream, secular families are like that. The Duggar's response to Michelle's (perceived) problems is not all that unusual. I think menopause is going is going to be a traumatic time for her. Assuming she does have mental health problems the symptoms are going to be magnified like crazy.

I keep envisioning Michelle mowing the lawn in a Maryanne from Gilligan's Island ensemble, circa 1960s- I can't get that vision out of my head....with the blouse all tied up in a knot and the shorty shorts.

I do not say this to be snarky, mean or accusing. There are a lot of red flags that perhaps she is suffering from a mental health problem. We have discussed this before, and of course not being privy to her medical record or other info,this is just speculation. There are missing pieces regarding her psychological makeup and unless she or someone close to her spills the beans we will never know. The family dynamic is so odd that I am betting that there is a thick system of denial in regards to her struggles. A LOT of mainstream, secular families are like that. The Duggar's response to Michelle's (perceived) problems is not all that unusual. I think menopause is going is going to be a traumatic time for her. Assuming she does have mental health problems the symptoms are going to be magnified like crazy.

I have wondered the same thing too. The obsession with purity and babies is just over the top. Her alleged anger issues point yo something too. And yes I see her going off the deep end during menopause

This story screams Jim-Bob=Scary control freak with a follow up by shaming his wife.

He simply can't handle the fact she had a life before they married. It is pathetic.

I keep envisioning Michelle mowing the lawn in a Maryanne from Gilligan's Island ensemble, circa 1960s- I can't get that vision out of my head....with the blouse all tied up in a knot and the shorty shorts.

I can't get past the fact that she mowed a lawn! It's hard to imagine the J'chelle we know now doing any form of manual labour.

And negative publicity just keeps coming. Good! The Duggars deserve it and then some. This also begs the question who is the main person behind this. I know these are online an offline tabloid/celebrity articles, but I don't think they pulled all of the stories out of their asses or from each other. Someone is behind this. All I an say is keep it coming. The shit hitting the fan will eventually be to messy to clean up, and at least one Duggar will tell all.

I can't get past the fact that she mowed a lawn! It's hard to imagine the J'chelle we know now doing any form of manual labour.

You raise a valid point. It is hard to imagine Mullet lifting a finger... maybe the story is made up? You never know, it is the Duggars after all. But Mullet is the laziest mother I've seen.

From what we saw of JB's Dad before he passed, was that he wasn't anything like a stereotypical fundie

He made it clear he disapproved of the QUiverfull thing and said in one early episode two kids was all he ever wanted. I feel JB tried to get his parents into the legalism and join ATI and JL wouldnt go for it. While i think JL and Jim Bob got along for the most part,, there was some other issues or JB woudlnt throw him under the bus in speeches.

Cults and legalism often snag people at their lowest point. I think this is what happened to Michelle. I think it was a gradual path for them that even started before the miscarriage, but that topped it all off. One counselor told them to give up tv and then there is the friend who told Michelle to give JB sex anytime he wants.. It seems they are gullible which makes perfect cult fodder..

Archived