IGNORED

Domestic Violence Chart = Fundie Handbook?

Curious

Welcome, Smartshoes!

May I say how much I admire your courage. I'm so happy you feel good about where you are now. Sending good thoughts your way!

Welcome, Smartshoes!

I wish you and your children all the best as you put your life back together.

Thanks usmcmom and Palimpsest for your welcome. I really like it here.

I found this article and the corresponding Youtube video today. Vyckie Garrison does an *excellent* analysis of this same domestic violence chart with Bible verses to match. I can relate to nearly every single point.

I printed the article and gave it to my therapist today.

alternet.org/belief/how-playing-good-christian-housewife-almost-killed-me

In this entry, Robert tells us how sex is THE ABSOLUTE MOST IMPORTANT thing in his life and basically how dare

his wife not enjoy sex with him. He has mastered each category of the Domestic Violence Chart, hasn't he?

peacefulwife.com/2013/03/03/from-the-thankful-husband/

It's really sad most of these women don't know and realize they're being abused

This thread is as good as any for an introduction... I have lurked here for a while, but only recently joined.

This chart was my fundy marriage for the last 6 years. That is until I took the kids and moved out at the end of September. I didn't realize how many of my complaints of how I was treated fit "domestic abuse" until I saw this chart just last week - in the bathroom at the abortion clinic where I needed to go AFTER leaving him. What a mess. Despite groveling and begging to have me back and vowing to do anything and everything *I* want as long as we stay together, I guarantee he doesn't see himself THIS way - as a domestic abuser.

Anyway, I am working on putting my life back together, getting my kids vaccinated and enrolled in public school and I am happier than I have been in years. I'm wearing the clothes I want to wear (pants!), listening to the music I want to, eating the food I want to, reconnecting with old friends I'd jettisoned at his urging and having a beer at the end of the night. It's absolutely wonderful. :)

I agree 100% that there needs to be a Spiritual Abuse section as well. Since I moved out and announced my reversion to atheism as well (I was "saved" from atheism at 21) I have been told that I may be responsible for my children going to hell. THAT is spiritual abuse. Not sure how to word that for a bullet point...but it needs to be in here.

Thank you for posting this.

I'm glad you found a way out and have found happiness in your life

Archived