IGNORED

So why aren't Jana and Jinger married? According to JB

DGayle

I wouldn't read too much into this since I think Jim Bob felt the need to give reasons but honestly if all four of the oldest girls married the Duggars would loose a lot of their labor. While the children are getting older somebody still needs to cook and clean that house. Joy can't do everything and Hannie is still rather young and hasn't been raised to be a slave. I would imagine in a few years when Hannie is a little older and perhaps after a couple of the older boys have left Jinger will be married off. I think they'll hold onto Jana as long as possible. Jinger is also fairly young. Even if she married in about three years she would be the same age as Jill at marriage.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The thing about Jinger is very interesting. English is not my first language but I read it as "she has never been interested in any guys at all". That is what I get from the way JB phrased it.

There technically are many reasons she isn't interested in guys, but it's definitely very interesting that JB told us that, while trying to spin it like Jana just isn't interested in the ones he hasn't approved of. Being gay, ace, just plain too afraid of ending up like her mother, being stunted, etc. I see this as hope that Jinger might get the hell out of dodge after all.

I wouldn't read too much into this since I think Jim Bob felt the need to give reasons but honestly if all four of the oldest girls married the Duggars would loose a lot of their labor. While the children are getting older somebody still needs to cook and clean that house. Joy can't do everything and Hannie is still rather young and hasn't been raised to be a slave. I would imagine in a few years when Hannie is a little older and perhaps after a couple of the older boys have left Jinger will be married off. I think they'll hold onto Jana as long as possible. Jinger is also fairly young. Even if she married in about three years she would be the same age as Jill at marriage.

I have been wondering about that myself! No way Michelle the Queen Bee will lift a finger around the house, since she is so used to leaving all that work to older girls. It would be really bad for Joy. I can see the married older girls coming over to help if they live nearby or the family adopting older children.

In regards to Jim Bob saying Jinger's never been interested in any guys at all - I remember clearly this strange incident when my dad proclaimed to someone, "singsingsing's favourite food is a nice, big steak!" My favourite food was assuredly not a nice big steak. He thought he knew, but he didn't. Maybe Jinger's dad thinks he knows, but he doesn't. As far as Jim Bob knows, Jinger has never been interested in any guy. Maybe Jinger has been interested in a guy, or more than one, but she simply hasn't shared that with dad or with anyone else. More power to her if that's the case - in a world where 'privacy' is a bad word, if she can keep some things to herself, so much the better.

Whatever the reason I am glad they aren't on the marriage conveyer belt right now. The more time they have to concentrate on things outside that world, the more chance there is of them escaping. Both are beautiful, intelligent young ladies who should have the chance to make their own choices. I hate to say it but I tend to see a courtship (and certainly an engagement and marriage) as the death knell for any meaningful escape, unless the guy is inclined that way, in which case he would be unlikely to be approved by JB.

Although maybe in the case of Ben and Jessa, Ben's views might change when he gets armpit hair and starts shaving. So maybe there is hope.

I have been wondering about that myself! No way Michelle the Queen Bee will lift a finger around the house, since she is so used to leaving all that work to older girls. It would be really bad for Joy. I can see the married older girls coming over to help if they live nearby or the family adopting older children.

I agree, if more Duggar girls get married, the Queen Bee will have to do more around the house and actually raising her children. It's possible that as the middle Duggars get older and some of the older boys start to get married, then Jana and Jinger will be able to get married since they'll have a younger sister ready to take their places as J'slaves. As for claiming no interest in boys, it's possible that they realize that they can't show interest if they're not sure about marrying someone, since they can't have any casual relationships with males. Another thing could be that the JOY thing has been forced on them so much, that they might feel guilty if they show interest in marriage because it's considered selfish at this point as they would be made to feel guilty for not raising their "buddies."

If the guys that have expressed interest in them became interested because of seeing them on tv then it makes perfect sense that Jana and Jinger haven't been interested. (Christ, how many times can one use "interested" in one sentence.) I can see them not being interested in the men who approached via normal means too, of course, but there's something especially creepy about the Bens of the world who decided they wanted to court one of them based on being a fan of the show. Jinger and especially Jana seem to barely put up with the dog and pony show, so why would they want men who a)are obviously into the idea of fame and b)are creepy and obsessive enough to think they know and are attracted to a person so much that they want to meet them for the purpose of a marriage.

And I still think that ANYONE, but especially men, who are willing to put up with the Duggar/TLC nonsense to marry into the family are "off" somehow.

In a world where being mutually interested in each other basically means that you are getting married or you are being shamed, I'd have some pretty high standards for agreeing to court a guy. I don't blame Jinger and Jana at all from holding off.

Unrelated but I can't ever keep myself from pronouncing Jinger like Ginger. It's always a hard g in my head.

I meant that making any public commentary on anything so personal is insulting. It's just plain rude. Add the fact that these children/young adults have never/don't have any control over ANYTHING in their lives and that even insinuations of ANY behavior contrary to their parents' ideologies can lead to consequences. Their lives/movements/hearts/thoughts are so monitored as it is. It just isn't fair to do to them.

Plus, it's against the rules.

Against the rules in terms of minors.

Just because they are treated like children does not make any member over age 17, a child.

Is David off the table too? He is someone's child too-

I agree, if more Duggar girls get married, the Queen Bee will have to do more around the house and actually raising her children

If it came to that I am guessing she will get outside help, after all an outsider is homeschooling the kids. It would not be shone on the show but it would not at all surprise me if Michelle already has someone in a couple times a week to do some housework.

Just because they are treated like children does not make any member over age 17, a child.

It's against the rules to speculate about the sexuality of anyone still living at home, even if they are legally an adult. David Waller does not live at home under the authority of his parents.

I do worry about Jana because she seems to work hard but no longer comes off as outgoing on the show.

As for Jinger I don't think JB would have phrased it that way if he thought we'd take it that way. I think it's just poorly worded especially for a place like Free Jinger.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I also want to say on a personal front I didn't really have my sexual awakening(if that's what you want to call it :roll:) until I was 22. I know that's not probably considered normal, I just don't think anyone's(Duggar or not) sexuality should be based on age.

Isn't against the rules for anyone who is still living with their parents, not just those who are minors.

The longer they wait to get married, the less likely it is that they will have a camera recording every minute of their private lives. Maybe by the time they do get married, there's too many couples to try to control so they can get away with doing their own thing.

I'll say it: Jana and Jinger's position on "courtship" will miraculously change when the ratings drop.

I'm also going to say that Mrs. Tebow's visit to the TTH is a ratings stunt. Tim Tebow is not dating or marrying any of the Duggars.

It's against the rules to speculate about the sexuality of anyone still living at home, even if they are legally an adult. David Waller does not live at home under the authority of his parents.

Bwahhh- now that's some standard. Living at home vs not. OK

Personally, I do not think we should be talking about anyone's orientation-

Cherry picking based on living conditions is absurd.

So this leaves us having to presume the "natural" and "default" setting of straight, because speculating on the possibility someone might be deviate from the "norm" is offensive, which means that being gay = offensive and unnatural.

That's the message that gets sent when we are all supposed to assume that everyone living with parents are all straight. When talking about their future spouses, we make assumptions about their sexuality and deny any possibility that there are gay kids being forced to hide who they are.

So this leaves us having to presume the "natural" and "default" setting of straight, because speculating on the possibility someone might be deviate from the "norm" is offensive, which means that being gay = offensive and unnatural.

That's the message that gets sent when we are all supposed to assume that everyone living with parents are all straight. When talking about their future spouses, we make assumptions about their sexuality and deny any possibility that there are gay kids being forced to hide who they are.

It's to protect the child. If they are still living at home they are still under their parents authority. Since we have all come to the conclusion that someone from the family or TLC or both read here it could cause issues for them at home.

Even aside from minors, does it really do any good to speculate about anyone's sexuality? It's harmful for people to "come out" on anyone's timeline but their own. It is generally hurtful to hear other people speculate about you, as if they know your sexual preferences better than you do.

Plus, it really reinforces stereotypes - the same gender and sexuality stereotypes we hate the Duggars for furthering - to assume that a more feminine man must be gay or a more masculine woman must be a lesbian or that people who are not out are in denial. With the Duggars, obviously if any single one of them was gay, they would not be in an especially safe place to come out, so even putting the topic on the table is just kind of distasteful IMO.

It's to protect the child. If they are still living at home they are still under their parents authority. Since we have all come to the conclusion that someone from the family or TLC or both read here it could cause issues for them at home.

If that is the reason then we should never discuss women's orientation on this forum because they are either under the authority of their father or their husband. For adult women it does not make a difference wether they live at home or with a husband because they are never independent. It will always be "dangerous" to discuss women's issues here. But were else could we do it if not here. And it's a snark forum, people are talking about Joy's body (even though she is a minor) or Josie's possible mental disability (she is a small child!!). It could be far more (physically) dangerous for Joy when her body shape is discussed here.

Even aside from minors, does it really do any good to speculate about anyone's sexuality? It's harmful for people to "come out" on anyone's timeline but their own. It is generally hurtful to hear other people speculate about you, as if they know your sexual preferences better than you do.

Plus, it really reinforces stereotypes - the same gender and sexuality stereotypes we hate the Duggars for furthering - to assume that a more feminine man must be gay or a more masculine woman must be a lesbian or that people who are not out are in denial. With the Duggars, obviously if any single one of them was gay, they would not be in an especially safe place to come out, so even putting the topic on the table is just kind of distasteful IMO.

Agreed, only because it seems the path of least resistance....BUT, conversely, acting as if being a homosexual is something abnormal, taboo or to be ashamed of is also wrong and harmful to people. There is no winning in this situation as long as society believes it's a negative.

Can you imagine if society decided that all brown eyed people were abnormal?

Something that cannot be controlled, is how one is born, should not be treated as an anomaly or something to be hidden.

If that is the reason then we should never discuss women's orientation on this forum because they are either under the authority of their father or their husband. For adult women it does not make a difference wether they live at home or with a husband because they are never independent. It will always be "dangerous" to discuss women's issues here. But were else could we do it if not here. And it's a snark forum, people are talking about Joy's body (even though she is a minor) or Josie's possible mental disability (she is a small child!!). It could be far more (physically) dangerous for Joy when her body shape is discussed here.

True- and out of the 28 cast members, the only people treated like adults are GM, JB and M- the rest are all kids.

FJ may as well close up shop if the only people who are snark worthy are the "real" adults- And I'd even take GM out, she's too nice and a SC should get a free pass at FJ-

I'll say it: Jana and Jinger's position on "courtship" will miraculously change when the ratings drop.

I'm also going to say that Mrs. Tebow's visit to the TTH is a ratings stunt. Tim Tebow is not dating or marrying any of the Duggars.

Hey, it would get him on tv more often than when he was with the Jets. :P

Agreed, only because it seems the path of least resistance....BUT, conversely, acting as if being a homosexual is something abnormal, taboo or to be ashamed of is also wrong and harmful to people. There is no winning in this situation as long as society believes it's a negative.

Can you imagine if society decided that all brown eyed people were abnormal?

Something that cannot be controlled, is how one is born, should not be treated as an anomaly or something to be hidden.

I, personally, don't view any sexual orientations as "wrong" or "right." They simply are. It's not something you can change to begin with, and any type of adult, consenting, honest sex is nobody's business but their own.

Unfortunately, the Duggars aren't raised with that view. The purpose of letting people come out on their own terms isn't in any way implying that they are doing something shameful that they're keeping hidden, at least IMO. It's simply acknowledging that a lot of people have families, friends and communities that are hostile toward anyone who is not straight, and thus respecting the person's own ability as an individual to determine when it is safe, wise or desirable for them to share their preference publicly. IMO it's just about trusting people to do what is best for them in their own way, on their own time.

In my ideal world, people wouldn't need to "come out" as gay any more than people "come out" as straight, but I think most communities in the US are a long way from that.

Hey, it would get him on tv more often than when he was with the Jets. :P

Believe it or not, IIRC, he's now working at ESPN and appearing on one of the college football analysis shows.

In the meantime, I read an evilll and sinful gossip blog called Crazy Days and Nights. The guy who writes the blog likes to publish blind items -- in other words, if he named names, he'd get sued. He had a lot to say about Mr. Tebow and one Lindsay Vonn. One of his "blind items" was explosive at the least and would DEFINITELY get him booted off of Jim Boob's "acceptable suitor" list.

IMHO of course.

Archived