IGNORED

So why aren't Jana and Jinger married? According to JB

DGayle

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/1070681 ... ated-below

About Jana, he claims, "There have been a lot of guys who have been interested in her, I have gone to hear about each one, and so far she hasn’t felt that is the way the Lord is leading."

To me, this sounds like he hasn't approved of anyone (he's only "gone to hear" about them?), and of course Jana won't go for anyone unless Daddy Dearest gives his thumbs up.

And for Jinger, "Jinger is just a dynamic girl that a lot of guys have been interested in,†Jim Bob said. “But so far, she has not been interested in the guys."

That's interesting. Jana's supposedly saying that she's not feeling led toward any guy, and Jinger isn't interested in the guys. Maybe it's just the way I was raised, by Okies and Arkansans, but "the" in that context could be left out. I know we aren't allowed to speculate, but I'm really curious about why he said she's "not interested" in that way, while Jana doesn't feel led.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jana could be scared about ending up with a lot of kids, so she is waiting it out to try and have as little amounts of Children as possible. She knows first hand it is impossible to raise 19 kids properly.

Very interesting.

I do think that Jana wants to wait it out a little bit (maybe until her late 20's) so she can have less children, maybe stay in the single digets.

Jana could be scared about ending up with a lot of kids, so she is waiting it out to try and have as little amounts of Children as possible. She knows first hand it is impossible to raise 19 kids properly.

I think, for herself, she'd rather wait because of this, but I also think she'd obey and marry whoever JB decides he approved of.

I don't know. I just read Jim Bob's comment about Jinger as "So far, she wasn't interested in the guys that were interested/expressed interest in her."

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/1070681-jana-duggar-and-jinger-duggar-why-theyre-single-and-not-dating-engaged-or-married-yet/?sidebar=related-below

About Jana, he claims, "There have been a lot of guys who have been interested in her, I have gone to hear about each one, and so far she hasn’t felt that is the way the Lord ...".

This quote has been on a few threads and it always makes me wonder...where does he go to hear about them? Do they all line up somewhere together? :lol:

Very interesting.

I do think that Jana wants to wait it out a little bit (maybe until her late 20's) so she can have less children, maybe stay in the single digets.

Yeah, I'm sure through the heavily edited 10 minutes of footage, you were able to 100 percent identify her sexual orientation.

I really hate that idea of celebrity gaydar. It's generally little more than looking for stereotypes.

Maybe she's saying all the guys that approach her father are creeps. When we think about it so far the only spouse that been ready for marriage is Derrick. Anna was ready by default because all you need in fundie world to be ready as a girl is domestic skills and a working uterus.

I'm relatively certain that a percentage of the fellas who want to court a Duggar girl are fame-hungry themselves. They either want to be one of the ones who "catch a celebrity" or want to "board the gravy train" or something. Another percentage of them are the ones who might never approach a girl in person.... but might through email or writing.. I'm sure there are a lot of "nos" out there for all the Duggar girls, just as JD will sort through a helluva lot of "nos", too. And I bet he's read EVERY profile he got!

But that ONE gem... are you out there, thinking of Jana or Jinger?..... well call Jim Bob NOW!

Yeah, I'm sure through the heavily edited 10 minutes of footage, you were able to 100 percent identify her sexual orientation.

Yes, that is exactly the impression I got from watching the episode. Since when is suggesting that someone might be gay an insult? It is not. It's a possibility for every person who is out there.

And gaydar is the opposite of stereotyping.

Or scared of boys, penis, childbirth leaving home. I think Jana has been beaten down so much that she's got nothing left in her. Poor kid! JimChelle are such shitty parents. I hope if Jana wants she does find a nice non fundie guy who she can talk to and he will listen to her needs and wants. She deserves to find happiness. And maybe she feels guilty about being happy because she has to practice JOY.

It's because these two are planning their escape via the underground tunnel they've been digging with their plastic spoons.

I'm relatively certain that a percentage of the fellas who want to court a Duggar girl are fame-hungry themselves. They either want to be one of the ones who "catch a celebrity" or want to "board the gravy train" or something. Another percentage of them are the ones who might never approach a girl in person.... but might through email or writing.. I'm sure there are a lot of "nos" out there for all the Duggar girls, just as JD will sort through a helluva lot of "nos", too. And I bet he's read EVERY profile he got!

But that ONE gem... are you out there, thinking of Jana or Jinger?..... well call Jim Bob NOW!

JB IS like the million dollar matchmaker. You are so right. I've seen comments on their social media accounts from parents to court their handsome godly christian son. Can we say $$$$ or famewhores

It's because these two are planning their escape via the underground tunnel they've been digging with their plastic spoons.

If there was a registry for sending Jinger and Jana better digging tools, I'd buy something off it.. Why not, the Duggars have a registry for everything else!

Is there any leeway in "not called to get married", in that they feel that God wants to remain single?

I know they are supposed to go forth and multiply - but what about the idea that a fundie might be called to remain a virgin and serve God without getting married, as Catholic nuns might do?

From what I've heard from the conservative Focus on the Family types, they believe that celibacy is a legitimate way to serve God, but they also believe that VERY, VERY FEW are called to be celibate, and that basically you would know for sure if you were, and if you have any doubts at all you're probably called to marriage. I would imagine that quiverfull fundies are even more skeptical of celibacy as a legitimate path.

Very interesting.

What???

So, tell me, what is "the gay" that she "couldn't hide" in the episode??

These children and young adults have NO control over anything, and I think it's really unfair to "out" them in any situation, let alone based on a few minutes of heavily edited video footage. I think it's rude to speculate upon anyone's personal/sexual proclivities or predispositions at all in a large public forum unless they've made the information for public consumption (such as talking about it publicly).

Yes, that is exactly the impression I got from watching the episode. Since when is suggesting that someone might be gay an insult? It is not. It's a possibility for every person who is out there.

If I said instead: "Oh, she looks so straight" I would be stereotyping and assuming her orientation at the same time but nobody would be offended by that, because that's the "good" assumption, right?

What about my post suggests that being gay is an insult?

What I find offensive is your suggestion that you can instantly look at someone on a heavily edited TV show and not only tell their sexual orientation, but who would make a good partner for them. But

please, educate me - explain the objective and irrefutable signs of lesbianness that you spotted in [redacted]

I am completely heterosexual, however, I am "interested" in very few men. It isn't about sex drive, it's just that it takes a lot from a guy to pique my interest in anything more serious than friendship (and I dislike casual sex).

It's possible that Jinger is, exactly as JB says, not "interested" in any of the guys that have come around. They don't have that spark, they don't interest her, whatever. Since anything casual is off the table, she's really got to be sure before saying yes.

I think it could be that she has high standards that she wont compromise.

I meant that making any public commentary on anything so personal is insulting. It's just plain rude. Add the fact that these children/young adults have never/don't have any control over ANYTHING in their lives and that even insinuations of ANY behavior contrary to their parents' ideologies can lead to consequences. Their lives/movements/hearts/thoughts are so monitored as it is. It just isn't fair to do to them.

Plus, it's against the rules.

Or maybe neither of them like fundie guys and want to get married to some ass that thinks he is going to be the authority in her life. They just haven't figured out how to escape without losing their family or going to some guy who wants to impregnante her every year.

I am completely heterosexual, however, I am "interested" in very few men. It isn't about sex drive, it's just that it takes a lot from a guy to pique my interest in anything more serious than friendship (and I dislike casual sex).

It's possible that Jinger is, exactly as JB says, not "interested" in any of the guys that have come around. They don't have that spark, they don't interest her, whatever. Since anything casual is off the table, she's really got to be sure before saying yes.

I think it could be that she has high standards that she wont compromise.

I agree. My husband has a certain je ne sais quoi that draws me to him. Sure, I think other men are attractive, but not as much as him. I think Jana and Jinger are both wise to be picky or they'll just get trapped in the cycle.

From what I've heard from the conservative Focus on the Family types, they believe that celibacy is a legitimate way to serve God, but they also believe that VERY, VERY FEW are called to be celibate, and that basically you would know for sure if you were, and if you have any doubts at all you're probably called to marriage. I would imagine that quiverfull fundies are even more skeptical of celibacy as a legitimate path.

Yeah and I think it's even less likely that they would consider it legitimate for a woman to live the celibate life (unless, of course, the family requires that daughter to stay home to raise her siblings. In which case they might suggest that as the reason they're still living at home and being treated like a child when they're in their thirties). But remember, men are the headships and the spiritual guide of their families. God doesn't talk to girls, he just occasionally nudges them into knowing which dude to get hitched to. If a woman tried to say 'God is calling me to be celibate' it would be all too easy for the men and boys around her to be like 'no, he isn't.'

The Duggars don't seem to consider being unmarried an acceptable choice in the long run. As their children get older and older they're probably going to have a lot of pressure on them to get married before they're 'too old' because that's just something that JB&M expect from them.

Archived