IGNORED

Ladies Send Your Application to Marry JD (literally)

ariel9

Sounds like another jim boob publicity stunt. I highly doubt they are serious....like Jboob would let a female seek out one of his boys. Too worldly!!!

On a funnier note someone should send in an app and see if they get a call back lol. Jboob will ask "How did your hear about the application?" Why FJ of course!

I highly doubt it would be any girl filling out the application. It would be her dad, filling it out for her. Of course, anyone applying to marry into this family should have their head checked.

Sounds like another jim boob publicity stunt. I highly doubt they are serious....like Jboob would let a female seek out one of his boys. Too worldly!!!

On a funnier note someone should send in an app and see if they get a call back lol. Jboob will ask "How did your hear about the application?" Why FJ of course!

I think JD was just joking. It actually sounds a bit like he was taking the piss out of his family's strict courtship standards.

Firstly, I don't think JD is "pure". Just the look on his face when he does THs about women and marriage, a general vibe, his age, the fact that he has unchaperoned times away from the TTH - I don't think he's a virgin - whether he's had an encounter with a professional, heavy petted with a friend of Cousin Amy, hooked up with a random local girl - I just don't think he's got the usual fundie drive to marry to legitimise sex cause I think he's found an outlet.

And if that's true there may be whispers of it in fundie world and it may be off putting to potential father in laws, maybe even off putting enough to outweigh the Duggar name and money. Or he may just not care to be tied down with a fundie wife who will restrict his lifestyle and bear a child every 18 months for the next 20 years.

But if JimBob has an inkling that JD is "sinning" he would be desperate enough to look for ANY suitable bride and marry JD off ASAP, like he did Josh, before a scandal or even a blessing not sanctioned by marriage arrived. Especially now their profile in the mainstream media is MUCH higher and any girl who slept with JD could probably sell the story for a decent sum.

In which "FJ" would stand for "f*ck John David"...

I don't understand how you can speculate that John David is or is not a virgin. Why would he not be a virgin just because he goes out alone? The guy works, he makes his own money, he could easily support himself in an apartment or even a house and do whatever he wanted. Yet as far as we know he's still living at home, he's still taking part in the show. Kelly Bates said something like 'John David Duggar has more character than ten men combined'. I don't think he's smart enough to be a sociopath who's got everyone fooled. I think it's much more likely that he's still drinking the kool-aid.

The fact that he helped talk Zach Bates through his breakup with Sarah Reith makes me think he himself has been rejected before. He wants a nice, sweet little submissive fundie bride, but maybe he's aiming too high in looks/personality. The guy is awkward as hell, and, I'm sorry, but he's ugly. He's pudgy. He has a receding hairline. And frankly he comes across as a dimwitted douche. I can well believe that he's shown interest in girls but they've rejected him. Maybe he's been rejected a couple times and now he's spooked. The 'send your applications' thing was a joke, but I could see him being really interested - here are girls who are telling him straight out that they want to court him. Very little risk of rejection. Jim Bob clearly wants him to get married, so who knows, maybe one of these gals will actually have a shot.

Look at these poor fools trying to put together an article:

inquisitr.com/1611043/john-david-duggar-courting-photos-surface-of-the-duggar-with-a-mystery-woman-photos/

Look at these poor fools trying to put together an article:

inquisitr.com/1611043/john-david-duggar-courting-photos-surface-of-the-duggar-with-a-mystery-woman-photos/

The media make me very angry. Even when they write fake trash about the Duggars.

The media make me very angry. Even when they write fake trash about the Duggars.

I agree with you 100%, but then I realize that all of the fake trash is giving the Duggars a hard time, and I'm okay with that. :lol:

What would happen if that really did occur? For example:

Girl wants in the spotlight. Maybe even likes JD. Concocts a plan to throw all the right phrases and looks around. Even if she isn't Fundie born (whitney wasn't, correct?), she can claim she saw the light. They court, she continues to say and do all the right things. Easy enough considering they won't be anywhere without a chaperone, they won;t be able to live together before marriage, etc. They get engaged, married. Honeymoon. Then suddenly, she lays down the law: NFP, wanting to have an equal hand in the checking account, maybe even go out and get a nice little part time job. All while getting half of hubby's money (hopefully he was smart enough to bank some cash before marriage...).

They don't believe in divorce, do they? A strong enough willed gal wanting a piece of the Duggar dynasty could really mind-screw that family...

ETA: I realize JB and Michelle could cut them off financially, but if a boy is supposed to be able to support his wife before marrying her, Im sure she could 'encourage' him to bank some moolah before the big day.

That would be some scenario! Since they believe marriage is forever, I'm guessing they DON'T believe in prenuptial agreements... :penguin-no:

Too lazy to even find his own girl? Sadly, I would not be surprised if this was actually true.

Or he's pretty happy with his life at the moment and doesn't feel the need to marry, which will probably would lead to baby after baby. Many people comment about Jana perhaps not wanting to marry too young so she doesn't end up with a supersize family it's entirely possible that JD feels similar. I mean we talk frequently about the fact that Josh doesn't seem to want a lot of kids and I would assume for most of the older children that's the case. Everything I've heard about JD and what he's doing right now I don't think there is any reason to believe he couldn't be happy. He does the volunteer firefighter thing, gets to fly, fixing up that house he purchased and spends a good deal of time visiting other fundie families where he probably has friends. That life sounds a lot better then the ones the girls are experiencing right now. Also unlike Jana and Jinger his best family friend Joe is also still at home with no plans to leave anytime soon. I think this whole thing is JB's idea. It seems like JB would really like to marry JD off and JD doesn't seem to share the same excitement at that prospect.

This sounds increasingly like a David Waller situation. Dad wants son to get married, son does not want to. I hope JD doesn't get married out of pressure. Stay single as long as you want, JD. It's your life.

This sounds increasingly like a David Waller situation. Dad wants son to get married, son does not want to. I hope JD doesn't get married out of pressure. Stay single as long as you want, JD. It's your life.

Obviously all of our speculation about any of the Duggars could be wrong, and probably often is, but I really get the impression that John David simply doesn't care enough about pleasing Jim Bob to marry the first woman they put in front of him. He gets a lot more independence than the others, so he has less pressure to hurry up and get married IMO. Jill and Jessa didn't have much of a way out otherwise. They sure wouldn't have been allowed to fly a plane to Canada alone!

I wouldn't go so far as to say John David has some kind of secret illicit sex life, but I would assume his greater amount of freedom has given him some different views on life and relationships vs. his siblings who are stuck at home.

"Shidduch resumes", which men and women prepare for matchmakers, are actually a thing in some ultra-Orthodox Jewish circles where couples have to be set up through matchmakers as they do not socialize with the opposite gender.

Shidduch Resume Writing 101

Writing Shidduch Resumes (this one has templates at the end)

Here's a good parody of one

Archived