IGNORED

Ladies Send Your Application to Marry JD (literally)

ariel9

Let me know when that Skylar Weiss guy is taking applications. Wink wink, nudge nudge.

Damnit! If only I hadn't agreed to marry the love of my life next year. I would LOVE to join such a loving, happy, and normal family with such good Christian morals! Why, oh why, did I ever get engaged to someone not JD - my hunky dream of a Fundy?!!!!!!

Excuse me while I go and projectile vomit. :ew:

So JD wants a wife that has enough initiative to send in an application - I thought fundie girls were supposed to wait around until a suitor talks to her Dad. Do you think JB would let a Duggar girl send in a wife application to some random 25 year old fundie dude? I don't think so. I can't imagine how they'd spin the whole courtship thing if he did pick a wife based on applications.

Side note / off topic - I'm reading a fictional book called The Rosie Project which is a romance novel told in the first person from the perspective of an aspberger man and he actually does take applications for his wife.

Maybe they could call it the JD project.

But I'm just not buying that this is how they are going to find the "one that God has for him" - that phrase should be a drinking game.

Damnit! If only I hadn't agreed to marry the love of my life next year. I would LOVE to join such a loving, happy, and normal family with such good Christian morals! Why, oh why, did I ever get engaged to someone not JD - my hunky dream of a Fundy?!!!!!!

Excuse me while I go and projectile vomit. :ew:

:lol:

Realistically, there are a lot of pretty and desirable fundie girls that he could pursue. So if it hasn't happened yet, either he hasn't tried, or they're all saying no...

I don't get it, I just don't get it. That's so dumb, I guess it sort of fits with how JD is projected on the show: dumb. You don't know what you'll get from applicants. How do you vet that? I wonder if this was JD's idea, or Jimbobs. I can't get over how stupid it is.

Maybe they can organize a fundie girl olympics- contests like folding laundry 4 loads of laundry in 10 minutes, cooking dinner with a kid on each hip and most dramatic performance at faking a headache once it is time to submit to thy headship......

According to Uterus, duggar women don't get headaches.

This is correct. You must ALWAYS submit to your husband whenever he wants it; for which it seems Boob wants to do it every moment of every day.

I don't know, it wouldn't surprise me if Jim Bob did start accepting applications from the local fundie maidens if he thought it would generate interest in JD. He was fine with Ben doing it for Jessa, which in their case meant him showing up at the family church. Jim Bob might find it forward of them, but if the applications came from the girls' fathers and were presented the right away, I could see a courtship happening.

People had a poll going on who fans think will marry next, and Jana was on top with 44 percent of the votes.

Jinger got second with 30 percent of the votes, while John David got 20 percent and Joseph got 6 percent.

I wish, for Jana's sake, that this could be true, but I'd be stunned if she's allowed to leave anytime soon. I think they'll start getting rid of the older boys now.

So JD wants a wife that has enough initiative to send in an application - I thought fundie girls were supposed to wait around until a suitor talks to her Dad. Do you think JB would let a Duggar girl send in a wife application to some random 25 year old fundie dude? I don't think so. I can't imagine how they'd spin the whole courtship thing if he did pick a wife based on applications.

MTE. Unless an application came from a girl's owner, I don't think JB would approve of a girl being so forward and in charge of her own life. That's a girl who hasn't been properly trained to be a doormat!

When I was in college, my BF had a friend who set up a "marriage application" and made several copies. He asked if I would hang them on my dorm room door... people looked at them, but never filled any out, LOL! They kind of thought he was arrogant to ask girls to apply for him... but we did set him up on a couple of blind dates.

He wound up marrying a much younger girl, had a couple kids, couldn't take her any more, lived as a single dad for a long time, then finally found an appropriate mate.

Don't do that, JD!

Anyone else notice that the photos of JD show a much younger JD? One with hair?

I want JD with an older gal. Maybe a cougar. Someone whose independent, strong willed, and in control. Someone who would step up to JimChelle and says she's doing things her way and will not being having any kids until she's ready. Or having sex unless she's not tired. I would pay to watch that and see JimChelle face drop. Me and my fantasies. :nenner:

I want JD with an older gal. Maybe a cougar. Someone whose independent, strong willed, and in control. Someone who would step up to JimChelle and says she's doing things her way and will not being having any kids until she's ready. Or having sex unless she's not tired. I would pay to watch that and see JimChelle face drop. Me and my fantasies. :nenner:

What would happen if that really did occur? For example:

Girl wants in the spotlight. Maybe even likes JD. Concocts a plan to throw all the right phrases and looks around. Even if she isn't Fundie born (whitney wasn't, correct?), she can claim she saw the light. They court, she continues to say and do all the right things. Easy enough considering they won't be anywhere without a chaperone, they won;t be able to live together before marriage, etc. They get engaged, married. Honeymoon. Then suddenly, she lays down the law: NFP, wanting to have an equal hand in the checking account, maybe even go out and get a nice little part time job. All while getting half of hubby's money (hopefully he was smart enough to bank some cash before marriage...).

They don't believe in divorce, do they? A strong enough willed gal wanting a piece of the Duggar dynasty could really mind-screw that family...

ETA: I realize JB and Michelle could cut them off financially, but if a boy is supposed to be able to support his wife before marrying her, Im sure she could 'encourage' him to bank some moolah before the big day.

Archived