IGNORED

Erin Bates Paine's piano playing

hockeymoo

3 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

I am sorry, but I can only be in this band if your sound system measures up to Jill Rodrigues's standards. 

Do we have to wear green eyeliner? 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for fun.... :pb_lol:

First Album: Pitching A Tent Towards Sodom

Songs:

1. Keeping Sweet (For Jesus)

2. Vaccines Are the Devil

3. My Four Wives (Are Going to Kill Me) featuring the Brown Family

4. Ballad of the Pecan Thief featuring David Waller on Tamborine and Priscilla Waller on Vocals

5. The Miracle Child (No, Not Jesus) featuring Michelle and Josie Duggar

6. The Perpetual Virgin featuring Concert Pianist Jana Duggar

7. Honey, I Wish (You Wouldn't Conceal Sexual Abuse)

8. The Louder You Play, the Closer You Are to Jesus featuring Erin Paine

9. Straight Outta Hot Springs featuring a duet with Ben and Jessa Seewald

10. Joshley Madison's Precious Gifts

11. Sintral America, the Ballad of Derick and Jill

12. Oh Babe (Talk IBLP to Me)

13. My Very Modest Wife featuring JimBob Duggar and the Grey Dress of Doom

14. The Lord's Tool featuring Doug Philips is a Tool

15. Don't Go (Aborting That Fetus)

16. Keeping the Faith (Away From Her Abusive Parents) featuring Alecia Pennington on Drums

17. The Bronx Bombshell featuring Ashley Salyer and Nathan Bates on Vocals, Lawson Bates on Guitar

18. God Bless America (For Forgetting We're All Assholes) featuring the Bates Family

19. I Want You (To Ask My Dad About Courting Me) 

20. My Grifty, Shifty Heart featuring Gil and Kelly Bates

21. Don't You Forget About Me featuring Jill Rodrigues and Amy Duggar King on Vocals

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Songs:

4. Ballad of the Pecan Thief featuring David Waller on Tamborine and Priscilla Waller on Vocals

16. Keeping the Faith (Away From Her Abusive Parents) featuring Alecia Pennington on Drums

17. The Bronx Bombshell featuring Ashley Salyer and Nathan Bates on Vocals, Lawson Bates on Guitar

18. God Bless America (For Forgetting We're All Assholes) featuring the Bates Family

21. Don't You Forget About Me featuring Jill Rodrigues and Amy Duggar King on Vocals

HA!  Hilarious, @VelociRapture. Cackling away here reading your list!

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Can the roadies be referred to as, "Rodrigi," (or some variant) instead? :pb_lol:

Maybe Road-riguii? 

5 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Songs:

"Keep Your Clothes On" by Dede Haislip

Only if you have a penis.

That rules me out! Yay!

Nah, you can always stuff a sock in your jeans.

51 minutes ago, Granwych said:

Only if you have a penis.

That rules me out! Yay!

Nah, you can always stuff a sock in your jeans.

Sorry, I am missing the humor here. What exactly was your point in responding to my quip about green eyeliner the way that you did? 

And a sock is not a penis, it's a sock. Why do you think I would want to pretend to be a man? I feel vaguely annoyed by your posts. 

@Granwych, I am and have always been female IRL and on FJ, in case you didn't pick that up. I enjoyed the light-hearted FJ band banter until you addressed my post, now I'm somewhat pissed. Hopefully it is just a miscommunication, or the carpets shall be shat upon.

I think it may just be very different senses of humor.  I don't think it's anything personal at all.

I didn't get what green eyeliner had to do with the penis either, but figure some things just let roll on by. 

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I think it may just be very different senses of humor.  I don't think it's anything personal at all.

I didn't get what green eyeliner had to do with the penis either, but figure some things just let roll on by. 

Green eyeliner was relevant to the comment about JRod that I quoted.

With all due respect, Granwych could explain her humor for herself. If someone is offended because of a miscommunication about something I posted, I straighten that ish out.

I'm guessing it was a quip about about J-Rod's apparent obsession with trans people. Obviously not trying to speak for @Granwych, but I don't see a reason to freak out here. Especially before she's even had a chance to clarify. I don't see anything offensive in her post, it just wasn't the clearest.

Let me clarify here (and save the carpets while I'm at it)   I do have a quite warped sense of humor, and JillyO got it with seeing the connection with JRod's  thing about transgender people.  (In full disclosure, I am related to and friends with many, many LBGT folks and love them dearly and NEVER joke about them or any others)  JRod is a different kettle of fish, and while I suppose I rather feel sorry for her (and especially her kids) this is a snark board after all. 

As for the sock thing, it was another warped humor thing about pretending to be a man so as to enjoy the benefits of fundiedom headship.  Only for the duration of the renditions of Velocirapture's  wonderful songs, though.

Now, I'm off to the prayer closet to contemplate my transgressions and lack of clarity...

11 hours ago, JillyO said:

I'm guessing it was a quip about about J-Rod's apparent obsession with trans people. Obviously not trying to speak for @Granwych, but I don't see a reason to freak out here. Especially before she's even had a chance to clarify. I don't see anything offensive in her post, it just wasn't the clearest.

Not freaking out, I am not without humor. I wasn't viewing her post in context of transgender people, whom I have no problem with. Just a humor miscommunication, it's OK.

BTW, sometimes offensive is in the eye of the offended. Other folks may not get it. This can be cleared up.

2 hours ago, Granwych said:

Let me clarify here (and save the carpets while I'm at it)   I do have a quite warped sense of humor, and JillyO got it with seeing the connection with JRod's  thing about transgender people.  (In full disclosure, I am related to and friends with many, many LBGT folks and love them dearly and NEVER joke about them or any others)  JRod is a different kettle of fish, and while I suppose I rather feel sorry for her (and especially her kids) this is a snark board after all. 

As for the sock thing, it was another warped humor thing about pretending to be a man so as to enjoy the benefits of fundiedom headship.  Only for the duration of the renditions of Velocirapture's  wonderful songs, though.

Now, I'm off to the prayer closet to contemplate my transgressions and lack of clarity...

Oh no prayer closet needed. Everything is cool. JRod is indeed a different kettle of fish. I have a dry, kinda sarcastic sense of humor that can fly under the radar. I can also be downright silly. Humor is good and necessary when talking about the crazy that is JRod.

On April 25, 2016 at 4:14 PM, VelociRapture said:

Songs:

Too funny. Just needs a rap by Bin

3 hours ago, patsymae said:

Too funny. Just needs a rap by Bin

Already covered with, "Straight Outta Hot Springs." :pb_lol:

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/25/2016 at 4:14 PM, VelociRapture said:

Songs:

I'd like to suggest another: The Loyalty Song (Post-Betrayal Remix) featuring Joshley Madison and DJ Satan's Fortress

I'd like to add a song tot this list

Stand By Your Man- by Anna Duggar

I'm On the Straight and Narrow After My Time in Jesus Jail featuring Joshly Duggar. 

I Found Jesus... In Rehab featuring Joshly Duggar 

Are you my Mommy? Featuring The Lost Girls

I Can Praise Jesus wearing Jeans featuring Alyssa Bates Webster

And the fundie version of Call Me, Maybe.... Hey, I could only group text you, and we're getting married, but now we're hitched so It's Time For Sweet Fellowship and a Baby! 

As an antidote to the The Incredible Hulk Gets His First Recital At Sunday Services-style piano playing we're discussing, here's a lovely piano cover of a piece from the soundtrack to the Studio Ghibli film The Tale of Princess Kaguya. The song is even more beautiful when it's done by a full orchestra, but this cover is so pretty that I just had to share it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8TkOapcdy8

What possessed Erin to actually share that make up tutorial video? It looked awful.  

"My room?" Clearly, because Chad can't possibly like sleeping in a bed that looks like it belongs to a four year old girl.

Archived