IGNORED

Is Priscilla older than Anna?

luv2laugh

Intrigued?....How so?

It's more so sad to me to see those so-called christians acting more like a courtesy slaughterhouse to their own. I left a fundie church because they had treated me worse than the secular world. If that's christian...then I am not one. I am only saved through grace. Wow! Is BandAid going to make a killing or what?!? :roll:

Welcome! If you really know the family, tell them that I wish them well in their escape from extreme legalism. :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks! :lol: For those wondering whether I know the Kellers, I've eaten at their home. We've played tennis on their clay court in the backyard... and I attended Daniel and Candice's wedding by the lake. I'll show some examples perhaps.... and yes PTL for freedom from legalism!

Wildheart, do you think any of the Duggars are looking for a way out? Anna? How about her little brothers? Do you think any of them are struggling with Gothardism and would like to leave the lifestyle?

I just want to know how the Keller family is really like. I know TLC has portrayed them in a negative fashion (especially with Smuggar and Anna's wedding) and I would also like to know the story behind the supposed shunning. I don't get how they would shun their children but then be perfectly okay for the siblings to continue to talk to one another.

I just want to know how the Keller family is really like. I know TLC has portrayed them in a negative fashion (especially with Smuggar and Anna's wedding) and I would also like to know the story behind the supposed shunning. I don't get how they would shun their children but then be perfectly okay for the siblings to continue to talk to one another.

Right now I'm curious to know more about how the Kellers are really like off camera. I would like to know more about that the rift in the family too.

As for the Duggars, I have read some stuff online about them off camera and it seems that are friendly with their fans. A couple of the bloggers we discuss here have talked about their experiences in meeting the family. When Lyndsie had her blog up, she met Boob and the kids at a 5k thing during the filming of Courageous. She said that Boob and the kids were nice to her. Another bloger who I can't exactly remember, posted a blog about meeting the Duggars at a book signing. Again she said the family was nice to her.

There have been rumors of Duggars not being too friendly when cameras aren't around or when they aren't speaking at events/conventions. Rachel333 posted here about her experiences being around the Duggars. She said that Michelle was rude to people at one event and Boob and Josh acted smug and weird at other events. In the town they live, not everyone loves them. John David lost his election for alderman and it part of it could have been that people in the town just don't like the Duggars' holier than thou attitudes, maybe some people thought he was too young for the position, or it could have been tied to Michelle's protest of a local convenience store's attempt to get a liquor license. Michelle stuck her nose into something that in many ways didn't concern her and she even cried at a board hearing about not wanting her kids to have access to liquor. I bet that one incident turned people from the Duggars and it could be that when John David was running for alderman, people feared that he possibly get in the way of businesses trying to make additional money.

I have to keep this brief at the moment...but suffice to say that the Kellers are very much friendly and courteous. The more limited interaction with the Duggars has not been the same case. Based on what I understand and hear it's more the parents and their influence on the other family members as to how much Daniel, etc. are shunned. More to come soon....

I have to keep this brief at the moment...but suffice to say that the Kellers are very much friendly and courteous. The more limited interaction with the Duggars has not been the same case. Based on what I understand and hear it's more the parents and their influence on the other family members as to how much Daniel, etc. are shunned. More to come soon....

Thanks! Keep us posted. I really appreciate this.

I think the Duggar's probably know about FJ through TLC. Maybe Anna told her family about it.. must be a weird feeling for them. Especially for Anna's siblings who didn't really choose to be "famous".. I don't feel any pity for Anna herself or the rest of the Duggar bunch but for Susanna, Daniel + wife and Rebekah and her family.

This is fascinating...I would like to know if you have been involved with their ministry and such....I also second all the questions that have been already asked. How did you first meet the kellers? When was your first encounter with the duggars? Did you attend Josh and Anna's wedding?

Right now I'm curious to know more about how the Kellers are really like off camera. I would like to know more about that the rift in the family too.

As for the Duggars, I have read some stuff online about them off camera and it seems that are friendly with their fans. A couple of the bloggers we discuss here have talked about their experiences in meeting the family. When Lyndsie had her blog up, she met Boob and the kids at a 5k thing during the filming of Courageous. She said that Boob and the kids were nice to her. Another bloger who I can't exactly remember, posted a blog about meeting the Duggars at a book signing. Again she said the family was nice to her.

There have been rumors of Duggars not being too friendly when cameras aren't around or when they aren't speaking at events/conventions. Rachel333 posted here about her experiences being around the Duggars. She said that Michelle was rude to people at one event and Boob and Josh acted smug and weird at other events. In the town they live, not everyone loves them. John David lost his election for alderman and it part of it could have been that people in the town just don't like the Duggars' holier than thou attitudes, maybe some people thought he was too young for the position, or it could have been tied to Michelle's protest of a local convenience store's attempt to get a liquor license. Michelle stuck her nose into something that in many ways didn't concern her and she even cried at a board hearing about not wanting her kids to have access to liquor. I bet that one incident turned people from the Duggars and it could be that when John David was running for alderman, people feared that he possibly get in the way of businesses trying to make additional money.

Erm, WTF? Her children will not have access to liquor in a country where the drinking age is 21 and you're very likely to be ID'd. Her grown-up children are not under her jurisdiction if they choose to consume alcohol. In fact, if this was even a year ago then only one of her offspring would even have been of age to buy liquor.

I think she feels she is personally harmed by the presence of what she sees as immorality. This is a common fundie affliction, reference Prop 8.

Erm, WTF? Her children will not have access to liquor in a country where the drinking age is 21 and you're very likely to be ID'd. Her grown-up children are not under her jurisdiction if they choose to consume alcohol. In fact, if this was even a year ago then only one of her offspring would even have been of age to buy liquor.

This happened about a month or two after Josie was born. Apparently some gas station in their town was going to sell beer and Michelle pleaded (tears and all) to not sell it since teenagers would get tempted and it would be a bad influence on her children. They decided to listen to her and prevented the gas station to sell it. Apparently, not many people were too happy about it.

So, it's okay to drink alcohol at restaurants but God forbid they sell it at a local gas station.

This happened about a month or two after Josie was born. Apparently some gas station in their town was going to sell beer and Michelle pleaded (tears and all) to not sell it since teenagers would get tempted and it would be a bad influence on her children. They decided to listen to her and prevented the gas station to sell it. Apparently, not many people were too happy about it.

So, it's okay to drink alcohol at restaurants but God forbid they sell it at a local gas station.

Good point. The Duggars go to restaurants were alcohol is served, but yet Mullet's ass got chapped because a local gas station wanted a liquor license. In the gas station/liquor incident, I also recall that the gas station was a mile from the Duggars' home and I think Mullet also used that her in pleas to the liquor board. I remember reading some online articles about this incident and people from the town commented and they were upset with Mullet sticking her nose in. Some people who supported the gas station owner did go to the license board hearing.

I remember on TWOP, a Duggar fan defended Michelle by saying that since the gas station was close by that maybe the Duggars were concerned with bottles being thrown on their property. I had to laugh at that. Any time you live within a mile from a gas station you are bound to get trash thrown on your property. My aunt and uncle lived a half a mile from a gas station in a small town and they did get their share wrappers, bottles and other trash on their property but they just dealt with it.

Good point. The Duggars go to restaurants were alcohol is served, but yet Mullet's ass got chapped because a local gas station wanted a liquor license. In the gas station/liquor incident, I also recall that the gas station was a mile from the Duggars' home and I think Mullet also used that her in pleas to the liquor board. I remember reading some online articles about this incident and people from the town commented and they were upset with Mullet sticking her nose in. Some people who supported the gas station owner did go to the license board hearing.

I remember on TWOP, a Duggar fan defended Michelle by saying that since the gas station was close by that maybe the Duggars were concerned with bottles being thrown on their property. I had to laugh at that. Any time you live within a mile from a gas station you are bound to get trash thrown on your property. My aunt and uncle lived a half a mile from a gas station in a small town and they did get their share wrappers, bottles and other trash on their property but they just dealt with it.

From what I understand, their compound is only several miles away from an actual garbage dump. So I don't buy that line of reasoning that she was just concerned about beer bottles.

Why bother with FJ if you're in with the fundy royalty WHW? Whats in it for you?

Sorry for taking a while.... I'm new here to FJ. Pretty busy along with a job change and life with military requirements. I was actually told about FJ by Daniel Keller. He offered me to read what others were saying... As for being among royalty, all I can say is it depends on your perspective. I was royalty long before I knew any of them. lol My royalty is based elsewhere...He gave it to me and they can't take it away! What's in this for me? Well, I'm gaining new perspectives and perhaps I can also offer honest insight from someone who has known the Keller family before any of their kids were even dating. Other than that....hopefully building new friends outside the 'independent, fundamental ignorant....' circle. 8-)

Sorry for taking a while.... I'm new here to FJ. Pretty busy along with a job change and life with military requirements. I was actually told about FJ by Daniel Keller. He offered me to read what others were saying... As for being among royalty, all I can say is it depends on your perspective. I was royalty long before I knew any of them. lol My royalty is based elsewhere...He gave it to me and they can't take it away! What's in this for me? Well, I'm gaining new perspectives and perhaps I can also offer honest insight from someone who has known the Keller family before any of their kids were even dating. Other than that....hopefully building new friends outside the 'independent, fundamental ignorant....' circle. 8-)

That's cool that you heard about us from Daniel. His wife posted briefly on the old board, and she seemed really nice. Suze and her boyfriend posted as well, and they seemed to have been upset that we were talking about them. Nevertheless, the vast majority of us on FJ wish the Keller kids well, especially the ones who are trying to follow their own path.

Agreed-we all are hoping the Keller children who have been supposedly shunned are living a normal and healthy life :).

I hope we're able to hear more regarding the Kellers and their children.

Guest Anonymous

Actually, it was in late December 2009, just 2 or 3 weeks after she gave birth to Josie. At that time, only Josh would have been able to legally buy alcohol. John David, Jana and Jill were legal adults but not yet 21. As of now, only Josh, Jana and JD can purchase alcohol.

Archived