IGNORED

Davia Waller is here!

BeaSnarky

I agree -- it's probably part of David's compensation. So if he ever leaves the company, they'll have to move.

Do they pay him a dollar for every time he says "Children are a blessing from the LORD." ? Because it seems like he could have paid cash that way... :lol:

I feel sorry for them if their house is tied to his job. It's not fun to move everything you own AND look for work at the same time, instead of gradually or without so much new stress.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do they pay him a dollar for every time he says "Children are a blessing from the LORD." ? Because it seems like he could have paid cash that way... :lol:

I feel sorry for them if their house is tied to his job. It's not fun to move everything you own AND look for work at the same time, instead of gradually or without so much new stress.

It also seems really abusive when his work is for a cult. It is also tied to his religion-and means that he must keep toeing the line if he wants to live there. If David broke ATI rules, he would be thrown out of his home, and that's a big incentive to stay-with no house and no job, and a wife and two young children, life would be really hard. If he questions religion, David, Priscilla and their two adorable babies would have nothing.

What if David one day ends up debating with someone who is an atheist, and ends up agreeing that maybe evolution did happen. Or what if they decide that they have two young children now, that is enough, and they aren't having any more. Or what if David does realise that he likes men, and they agree to stay friends and live together, and act as husband and wife for appearances sake, but be in an open relationship and be with others on the side? What if they drift into a more fundie lite or conservative Christian kind of lifestyle and Gothard catches them? They have to either deny any desire to do other things and toe the line, or lose their income and their home.

If that happens, what do they do? Is it even legal to give someone a job and a house as long as they follow their religious rules. Ive heard the rules are even stricter for people who work for ATI HQ, and because they are around Gothard more, he is more likely to know and shame them for breaking rules, than regular fundies who live on the other side of the country and are just a face in the crowd for him and can go a little bit less restrictive at home if they wanted as nobody would know.

I feel bad for ATI employees. They are within reach of him to abuse easier, and he can control them more easily. All of the stories of being molested, abused or controlled by Gothard himself are by his employees. At least he isn't a young, pretty, single secretary though, they get the worst of the worst. To work for Gothard, you have to sell him your soul, family and dignity, and if you leave, you get nothing.

If it's legal to give someone a job on the condition they toe the party line in regards to religion (which it is in David's line of work) and if it's legal to supply housing as part of the employment package (which it is),I really don't see why a combination of the two would be illegal.

ATI probably aquired the properties a long time ago,when prices were lower and saves a significant wad of cash by providing shelter rather than supplying a fair wage (and the autonomy for an employee to make his or her own decisions about their accommodation).

Head size!!! My 10lbs 9oz baby was easy. I said so as soon as she was born. The nurses were stunned that I thought it was easy because they thought she was huge. The difference really was that she had a 36cm head compared to my previous baby's 45cm.

Anyway, glad to see Pris is up and about and looking well. I still don't think she is as stupid as those videos make her look. It's David that does that to her. When talking with Anna she sounds far more normal. I don't see anything wrong with her being up so soon. After my first I shower, dressed and walked from the labour ward back to the maternity ward, then arranged to go home. It's a personal thing.

The name ... oh dear ... would have made a great middle name, Davy, but let your daughter have her own first name. Sally is nice.

As evidenced by the latest Sibling Relationship videos on the Duggar Family blog, I disagree. She is still just as painful to watch. The bug eyes, the incomplete thoughts, she sputters and can't get the words out. In contrast to Anna, who can't speak well, but has a more relaxed, more….."there" demeanor. I can't decide if it's the lifestyle, her personality, a disability, or all of the above. I feel badly for Pris having such an ass for a husband.

I think her name is fine. I used to have a European pen pal back in the day w/the same name; or was it Daiva? :: shrugs ::

Couldn't help but chuckle when I watched the gender reveal special the other night. David & Josh mud wrasslin? Hey now...

It also seems really abusive when his work is for a cult. It is also tied to his religion-and means that he must keep toeing the line if he wants to live there. If David broke ATI rules, he would be thrown out of his home, and that's a big incentive to stay-with no house and no job, and a wife and two young children, life would be really hard. If he questions religion, David, Priscilla and their two adorable babies would have nothing.

What if David one day ends up debating with someone who is an atheist, and ends up agreeing that maybe evolution did happen. Or what if they decide that they have two young children now, that is enough, and they aren't having any more. Or what if David does realise that he likes men, and they agree to stay friends and live together, and act as husband and wife for appearances sake, but be in an open relationship and be with others on the side? What if they drift into a more fundie lite or conservative Christian kind of lifestyle and Gothard catches them? They have to either deny any desire to do other things and toe the line, or lose their income and their home.

If that happens, what do they do? Is it even legal to give someone a job and a house as long as they follow their religious rules. Ive heard the rules are even stricter for people who work for ATI HQ, and because they are around Gothard more, he is more likely to know and shame them for breaking rules, than regular fundies who live on the other side of the country and are just a face in the crowd for him and can go a little bit less restrictive at home if they wanted as nobody would know.

I feel bad for ATI employees. They are within reach of him to abuse easier, and he can control them more easily. All of the stories of being molested, abused or controlled by Gothard himself are by his employees. At least he isn't a young, pretty, single secretary though, they get the worst of the worst. To work for Gothard, you have to sell him your soul, family and dignity, and if you leave, you get nothing.

David Waller is kind of the Peter Bradrick of the ATI world. I want to see them get free but at the same time they are/were willingly a part of the problem.

But as far as Pris goes, it would really be awful for her to be yanked out of her home on the whim of a cult leader. There's no security there, and she doesn't seem like someone who could function without a lot of structure.

Pretty sure Gothard isn't in the picture any longer. They probably do still run things according to many (most) of his teachings, but the Board banned him from leadership of the org.

Pretty sure Gothard isn't in the picture any longer. They probably do still run things according to many (most) of his teachings, but the Board banned him from leadership of the org.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that-they finally kicked the creepy old pervert.

Who is the new ATI leader? Whoever it is I cant imagine is much better though, ATI is still a cult.

I bet hes glad that he is married and high up enough that he isn't treated like a prisoner. Although I imagine it is controlling and the insecurity of "toe the party line completely or lose your job and house" is bad enough, the lower down, young single ATI HQ employees are treated in such a disgusting way. Even if Gothard is not molesting them, their letters are opened, food is restricted, they shove them in prayer closets, don't let them court (in fact someone got punished once for being caught speaking with a man, but it turned out he was either her brother or her cousin!).

I thought Gothard was back. Not in a "leadership" position but wasn't some new thing launched - a new home school program or a new religious program for schools or something - and he was the talking head who launched it. Maybe I dreamt the whole thing but I'm sure I read a read a thread here along the lines of "Guess what - he's back". Someone please tell me I was dreaming.

Whether Pris is disabled or just comes across badly on camera, I agree that if David is giving her a hard time for not being too swift on the uptake, it's only going to make her more nervous and more likely to make mistakes when she speaks. Poor girl.

All this talk of ATI owning its cult members' houses makes me thing of the UEP (United Effort Plan) in the FLDS. It's a huge trust worth some 200 million dollars that is managed by the church elders. The homes of the cult are a part of this trust - no individual cult member may own his or her own home.

As an FLDS man, if you put a single toe out of line and annoy the current prophet (cult leader), you risk being thrown out of your home, along with any wives and children you may have. Since the trust owns the home, you have a hard time contesting it, regardless of whether or not you've made any improvements on the property, paid the bills or taxes, etc.

Some men have sued the FLDS successfully in order to avoid eviction, with decidedly mixed results. Ross Chatwin is one. Here's a link to some articles detailing his struggle, if anyone is interested:

www.childbrides.org/ross.html

I've gone off on a bit of a tangent here, but it's always fascinated me how the Duggar brand of fundamentalism seems to mirror Mormon fundamentalism in so many ways, with the exception of polygamy.

I get a strange vibe from David, and I don't think it has anything to do with things that have been speculated about him before. I think Gothard's fall from Grace has affected him deeply, and he's terrified about what his future prospects are.

This headband.

What the everloving F***:

instagram.com/p/vmfpUSAqWQ/?modal=true

And Davia is wearing Priscilla's wedding "vail." SOTDRT strikes again.

I am sure the Gothard scandal had David very, very nervous. Though RG has survived so far still IBLP has experienced a decline in their finances and he has to be aware of that too. So David has his income and his home tied to IBLP, which I wasn't surprised. When I saw pics of their very nice home, I suspected that the house was not his, that it probably was owned by his employer. So they really have him tethered.

For whatever reason, I don't think that David is happy with his life as it is. His courtship story just screamed to me that he did not want to get married. I found it painful to read, not because of his sanctimonious manner, but it read as someone clearly not ready or willing. I have avoided speculating about his orientation because I hold the view that until someone actually comes out, you really never know. For whatever reason, David did not want to get married and I feel for Priscilla who just happened to be on the radar at the time. Whatever their individual issues are, I feel bad that she can't really be what David wants, she tries, seems to fall short and looks nervous. And David seems frustrated and I don't think it's just all about how she does the videos.

They have been married like what? Going on three years now? They look just as awkward as they were from the beginning. It seems that most fundie couples get over that initial awkwardness after a few years if not sooner. But not these two.

This headband.

What the everloving F***:

instagram.com/p/vmfpUSAqWQ/?modal=true

And Davia is wearing Priscilla's wedding "vail." SOTDRT strikes again.

That is just...bizarre. What the hell is going on there? I've never seen a baby covered with the mother's veil in an infant photograph like that. It's...special. Neat. Fun.

That is just...bizarre. What the hell is going on there? I've never seen a baby covered with the mother's veil in an infant photograph like that. It's...special. Neat. Fun.

Very special indeed.

But it must be made clear that 1) Davia is female. and 2) Her primary goal in life is already determined.

That headband is something else.

Like a white plastic potscrubber, topped with a striped bow. And then a wrinkly old "vail" thrown on top {I would have guessed mosquito netting}

You'd think they'd steam the thing first. I can see how it could be pretty in a way...but still, weird. Wonder if it was David or Priscilla's idea.

You'd think they'd steam the thing first. I can see how it could be pretty in a way...but still, weird. Wonder if it was David or Priscilla's idea.

Pris, no doubt. Bless that little baby... i can't imagine.

i wonder how much slack David has to pick up around their house.

That photo looks like pretend photo shoots my sisters and i would do with our toys when we were preteens. :lol: We used blankets for backdrops all the time. It's kind of sad.

Whether Pris is disabled or just comes across badly on camera, I agree that if David is giving her a hard time for not being too swift on the uptake, it's only going to make her more nervous and more likely to make mistakes when she speaks. Poor girl.

All this talk of ATI owning its cult members' houses makes me thing of the UEP (United Effort Plan) in the FLDS. It's a huge trust worth some 200 million dollars that is managed by the church elders. The homes of the cult are a part of this trust - no individual cult member may own his or her own home.

As an FLDS man, if you put a single toe out of line and annoy the current prophet (cult leader), you risk being thrown out of your home, along with any wives and children you may have. Since the trust owns the home, you have a hard time contesting it, regardless of whether or not you've made any improvements on the property, paid the bills or taxes, etc.

Some men have sued the FLDS successfully in order to avoid eviction, with decidedly mixed results. Ross Chatwin is one. Here's a link to some articles detailing his struggle, if anyone is interested:

http://www.childbrides.org/ross.html

I've gone off on a bit of a tangent here, but it's always fascinated me how the Duggar brand of fundamentalism seems to mirror Mormon fundamentalism in so many ways, with the exception of polygamy.

gosh, no kidding. Especially considering some of the ideas in the responses on the Voddie Baucham Ministries FB post about the Doug Phillips excommunication. Different group, but those jerks were saying so many horrible things about how much leeway patriarchal guys have, and their rights to take advantage of women. It seems like just a matter of time until they take more than one wife. It's the kingly way, y'all. :angry-banghead:

That has to be the ugliest flower headband I've ever seen on a baby! I've got the start knitting that hat I'm making for my granddaughter due next Spring.

Archived