IGNORED

Davia Waller is here!

BeaSnarky

David pronounced her name "Duh/Deh-Vee-Uh" on the Instagram video, which is not how I would have instinctively pronounced it.

I thought this was a joke thread title when I first opened it too! Cute baby though.

I find the rose pictures a little...off. Creepy isn't quite the right word, but they are weird right?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul meeting his baby sister. I find it odd that it's David bringing the baby into the room. Maybe the midwife could have done it or something. The way he talks to Pris coaching her on the baby's weight and length pisses me off. She did all the work, David, let her tell about it.

Cute baby. And I actually like her hat.

That is the most cutest thing ever OMG Paul is such a cute, proud big brother! I loved seeing him hold her and cuddle her. My ovaries feel like they are going to explode.

I just watched the video and I must say they make very cute babies. That was very sweet to watch. Paul is totes adorable the way he wanted to hold her and stood back up because they were taking too long and tried to reach for his sister. And Davia is very cute. I am glad for Pris that she has been able to carry and birth healthy full term babies. I would not say they are huge babies, but they are a good size. I am also glad for Pris that her labor was much shorter than last time. She seemed scared about it and in the video said Paul was more than 20 hours so am glad it was as difficult for her sake. And they have a boy and a girl now, which many people see as "perfect".

female character were names Stanley and Roy.

*characters were named

(I know, nobody cares but me, but I hate it when I don't catch typos like that -- two in a row, no less!)

Davina would have been better than Davia. Davia sounds like the name of a pharmaceutical.

Yeah, David confirmed on their DavidlovesPriscilla blog that it is pronounced "Deh-VEE-uh" - they (and later, she) will be correcting the pronunciation for her whole life. What a pain.

David also posted some pics of the family having a post-labor meal, and Priscilla looks really lovely, especially after 8+ hours of labor.

(And I also completely thought the name of this thread was snark, at first. Good grief.)

I wasn't quite sure who these people are so I looked them up on Youtube and had several observations:

1. David and Priscilla are extremely difficult to listen to! In particular, Priscilla's voice made me want to pull my hair out. The video of her and Michelle D. was unreal. Do they always talk this way? Is this sugary, placid demeanor drummed into fundie children? It was ... disconcerting to say the least.

2. Does anyone but me think that David and Priscilla look like brother and sister? Wow!

3. Davia isn't the worst name in the world although I much, much prefer Davina. Still, the fact that she's named after David may bode well for her since they'll have more of a special connection (hopefully). He did say in the video after the birth that she's Daddy's little girl so there's that.

BTW, there was mention in either this thread or another one that David treats Priscilla less than respectfully. How so?

The most beautiful sound I ever heard

Davia Davia Davia

The most fabulous dad in all the world

Davia Davia Davia

Davia

I just had a girl named Davia

And suddenly my frame

will never feel the same to me

Davia

I just birthed a girl named Davia

And suddenly I hurt:

how wonderful a skirt can be

Davia

Say it loud and there's YouTube waiting

Say it soft and reject any dating

Davia

Davia

I'll never stop saying

"Da-VEE-uh"

(Not entirely happy with this, so improvements welcome)

I actually don't hate the name on its own, but it looks really silly when his name is David. I, too, thought the thread title was a joke.

Really cute baby, though. I usually think newborns are ugly, but she isn't.

She is quite a big baby, but my family has bigger babies too. The only of my siblings smaller than her were twins, and they were still over 7 lbs. My poor great-grandmother had two sets of twins who were nearly nine lbs. each, and she did it at home on a farm without any electricity.

And they have a boy and a girl now, which many people see as "perfect".

David keeps referring to Davia (I had trouble typing that) as their "first girl" so I don't think the perfection will last long. I suspect he has a need to show how virile he is and will keep requiring pregnancies as visible proof. Pris should be thankful she's not in her early 20's.

Great name idea for Josh and Anna's next baby if it's a girl: Joshelle.

Yeah, but they are doing an "M" theme, so they'd have to go for Moshe. For a girl. Cause they're dumb.

wow Pris get back to bed. Up, showered and dressed just 3 hours after the birth. It sometimes takes 30 minutes or so for the placenta to be born, after the baby is born. Then the midwife should be making sure than all the other fluids and blood are helped to be expelled. My nurses at the hospital came in every few hours and did abdominal massage to help make sure everything was out. Not being completely done with all of that could lead to complications later on. Plus really she should be mostly horizontal for a few days and then wear a binding band just to help her muscles and organs get back into their proper locations.

I hope they are being careful, for her sake.

As someone who has a not terribly uncommon name with an uncommon pronunciation, having to constantly correct people on your name is like a slightly annoying curse that will follow you your whole life. I have seen a LOT of my friends get creative with names and spellings, but it never fails: the parents who do this all have incredibly standard names themselves. I don't know anyone with an uncommon name/spelling/pronunciation that intends to pass that along to their child. The struggle is real.

I think Davia is a lovely name, but I feel for her since she is going to spend her life correcting pronunciation/spelling.

As someone who has a not terribly uncommon name with an uncommon pronunciation, having to constantly correct people on your name is like a slightly annoying curse that will follow you your whole life. I have seen a LOT of my friends get creative with names and spellings, but it never fails: the parents who do this all have incredibly standard names themselves. I don't know anyone with an uncommon name/spelling/pronunciation that intends to pass that along to their child. The struggle is real.

I think Davia is a lovely name, but I feel for her since she is going to spend her life correcting pronunciation/spelling.

Yes. I have a common and classic name, but one which happens to have a zillion nicknames. I have to constantly ask people to call me by my nickname if they've first been "introduced" to me through official paperwork. It's not a huge deal, but it does get old after the 324,425,432,999th time. My husband, on the other hand, goes by his middle name. My mother in law gushes about how much she loves that name and always wanted to call a son that. So why is it his middle name? She just thought it sounded best as a middle name. :angry-banghead: So he also spends his life correcting people.

We made the deliberate decision to name our daughters normal but not overly common first names that we fully intended to use "as is." No nicknames or middle names.

i have a virtue name and it's NEVER on any personalized stuff. So i gave my kids common names that are on the edge of popular, so they'll get all that crap i missed out on. :lol: Also, they're easy to learn for when they've got to spell their own names in preschool.

Yes. I have a common and classic name, but one which happens to have a zillion nicknames. I have to constantly ask people to call me by my nickname if they've first been "introduced" to me through official paperwork. It's not a huge deal, but it does get old after the 324,425,432,999th time. My husband, on the other hand, goes by his middle name. My mother in law gushes about how much she loves that name and always wanted to call a son that. So why is it his middle name? She just thought it sounded best as a middle name. :angry-banghead: So he also spends his life correcting people.

We made the deliberate decision to name our daughters normal but not overly common first names that we fully intended to use "as is." No nicknames or middle names.

ALL I want for my children is that they be able to give their name for a Starbucks order without having to say it 20 times and still have a 70%* chance that it will be spelled somewhat closely on the cup.

Seriously! I am so jealous of people who can do that! And Davia will never have that.

(I guess since names like Stephen and Ian get spelled "Phteven" and "Een", you can't totally protect for that. It's hard to spell when you're working fast in customer service :) )

Yeah, there are two things I've seen my parent friends do that annoy me:

1. Give a kid a first and a middle name, but they intend to call him only by his middle name (Meet Abraham David. We will be calling him David.)

2. Give a kid a name, but they intend to call him only by a specific nickname. (Meet Elijah "Eli" Cohen!)

Archived