IGNORED

Davia Waller is here!

BeaSnarky

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok FJ songsmiths, remember the song 'Maria" from West Side Story? I know you can come up with something for darlin' Davia. Pleeeeeease?

As someone else said, if Davey needed a namesake, why didn't he name his son - his first born - after himself?

Whatever. No one can claim to see any sense in anything these people do.

That poor little girl. I feel so awful for her. Those people for parents, that mindset to be raised in...nothing about it is a good environment for a girl to grow up in.

At least it's not Davida.

When I saw the name all I could think of was the Dick van Dyke episode where Ritchie finds out why his middle name is Rosebud. No one could agree on a name so they came up with the acronym that stood for Robert Oscar Samuel Edward Benjamin Ulysses David. Or as grandpa Petrie says “Ulysses David if it’s a boy, Ulyssia Davida if it’s a girl.

I knew a girl in elementary school named "Daveen"--after a dad named David. She also had an older brother not named David (I think his name was Daniel, but not sure, it was a long time ago).

So, anyway, it could be worse.

That baby isn't that big.

Thank you for saying that!

My nephew was 10lb 14 oz. All natural.

But thank god it was at a hospital - the midwife, her apprentice/assistant (both were RNs), two nurses, my mom, brother-in-law, and I were all needed to help his shoulders get unstuck.

So Davia (OMG WHY?!?!?) is slightly larger than normal, but not HUGE.

I wish lots of luck to this little girl - she's going to need it.

That baby isn't that big.

Yeah, 8lb. 10oz is smaller than my smallest of 3 (8lb. 13oz). When he was born (he was my 2nd), I said, "oh, he's so little!" and the nurse says, "lady, that's a big baby!". LOL.

I did a quick search and found several women/girls named Davia.

I initially pronounced it Da (as in ta-da) and Via as Vee-a or via

Apparently I was wrong [bBvideo 560,340:1zbw9p0e]

[/bBvideo]

Okay, who was gomhar85? I KNOW it was a FJerite, so fess.

If you wanted a kid named after you, why didn't you just name Paul, David? Why name her Davia? Just so you know David, we all think you treat Priscilla like garbage. We notice it on tv and I. The YouTube videos. So how about you try not being a world class asshole. We all know your unhappy with your life cause you can't be who you truly are. But the least you could do is treat Priscilla with some respect and love.

Okay, who was gomhar85? I KNOW it was a FJerite, so fess.

I snort-laughed at this comment. Oh God. What a bizarre couple. Poor Priscilla...I try so hard not to judge, but David Waller just kills me. Every time. And that poor woman seems in this permanent state of blissful ignorance.

I snort-laughed at this comment. Oh God. What a bizarre couple. Poor Priscilla...I try so hard not to judge, but David Waller just kills me. Every time. And that poor woman seems in this permanent state of blissful ignorance.

To be honest I'm not sure that's a better or worse than knowing you are married to an asshole but not being able to leave.

Thank you for saying that!

My nephew was 10lb 14 oz. All natural.

But thank god it was at a hospital - the midwife, her apprentice/assistant (both were RNs), two nurses, my mom, brother-in-law, and I were all needed to help his shoulders get unstuck.

So Davia (OMG WHY?!?!?) is slightly larger than normal, but not HUGE.

I wish lots of luck to this little girl - she's going to need it.

I think the 8-9 lb range is average for a full term uncomplicated pregnancy these days.

I had a 7 lb 11 oz baby and I have a nephew that was born at 12 lbs. anything less than 9 doesn't seem ginormous.

One of my favorite authors, Julia Scheeres, named her daughter Davia after her adopted brother, David. I always loved that story. She wrote Jesus Camp.

I also went to school with a Davita - her parents thought she was a boy and called her David up until she popped out. They didn't wanna change much, so Davita it was.

This just seems weird, though... How does it honor Jesus t name the baby after yourself, David? :naughty:

Also, I never watch their videos - how does he treat Prissy?

When I saw the name all I could think of was the Dick van Dyke episode where Ritchie finds out why his middle name is Rosebud. No one could agree on a name so they came up with the acronym that stood for Robert Oscar Samuel Edward Benjamin Ulysses David. Or as grandpa Petrie says “Ulysses David if it’s a boy, Ulyssia Davida if it’s a girl.

Highly recommended episode -- I think of it whenever baby names are discussed.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/30475

E-D-W-A-R-D!

Oh, and I'm definitely in the camp that thinks the name is just fine, given by anyone else (including some other father named David -- it could be quite a loving, anti-patriarchal honor). But from these parents, it just sits wrong with me.

She's gorgeous, and I'm glad she got here safe and sound. Of course I'd like to see her without the "let's make sure she's stamped as a girl from day one" flowers, but at least it's a hat, which is probably more comfortable than a headband.

Is it a Staddon who has a daughter names Santana or Saltineh or something like that? Davia is right up there with that one

Sauntina, I think.

[attachment=0]914463_658936590882427_1486393365_n.jpg[/attachment]

aww so sweet and chubby :D

btw the Wallers have a new FB fanpage, and a new website! It's all pink, and even has examples of SOTDRT writing!

facebook.com/fanpageofdavidandpriscillawaller?sk=timeline&app_data

thedpwallerfamily.blogspot.com/

That is one ugly baby hat! The baby is cute though.

Im sorry if this was alredy mentioned: seems like they are doing P names fot boys after Priss and D names for girls after David.

She started labor at 2:30 am, gave birth at 10:30 am and by 2 pm is dressed in a long, tight denim skirt and eating at the table and making a video. Wow. Way to pamper her David.

TCM, as it happens, showed a movie this evening in which female character were names Stanley and Roy (played by Bette Davis and Olivia de Havilland).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0034890/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Now they're showing one in which Hedy Lamarr plays a woman whose name is Marvin.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0033686/?ref_=rvi_tt

I'd seen them before (of course! :lol: ) -- I think it's funny that both were playing tonight.

So it could be worse. At least Davia got a female version of her dad's name.

She started labor at 2:30 am, gave birth at 10:30 am and by 2 pm is dressed in a long, tight denim skirt and eating at the table and making a video. Wow. Way to pamper her David.

That's sad. I had easy deliveries, by all standards, and had homebirths. I felt fantastic after each one, and I swear I could have danced a jig. My husband light-heartedly fought me to get me to stay in bed so he could pamper me and be my servant. I had to insist I got to make dinner the second night after having the first, and he wasn't happy, but he backed off. He really wanted to wait on me hand and foot, so I caved and let him. Exactly the opposite of fundies, where the men whine over having to do anything for themselves, and pushing their wives to get back in the kitchen mere hours after birth.

Priss needs a real man, not a whiny little boy.

Archived