IGNORED

How many fundies can't name all their kids? I'll start:Kelly

DGayle

That is sad. I have two kids and occasionally I forget their age. I will say they are a year younger than they are. But I can tell you their name, birth date, food allergies, grade in school, best friend, and cell phone number.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is sad. I have two kids and occasionally I forget their age. I will say they are a year younger than they are. But I can tell you their name, birth date, food allergies, grade in school, best friend, and cell phone number.

This made me think ... Do any QF families have medically fragile children? My sister was diagnosed with t1 diabetes early in childhood and was (and is) a brittle diabetic. She was in the hospital almost as much as she was home, and she required an incredible amount of my parents' time, energy and attention -- just keeping her alive. I just wonder how this would work out in a QF family?

My grandfather had 30 grandchildren and called us all Charlie. At his funeral I was talking to a cousin who grew up away from the family and he said that he was sorry he never had much of a relationship with grandpa but he always knew he was loved because grandpa had a special nickname for him. I let him keep thinking he was special and didn't tell him we were all Charlie lol

I was called my aunt's name, and my godmother's name, by my mother... and I have called the Four by each other's names, yes, even the girl's name on the boys and vice-versa, and toss the cat in there, and their cousins... and, yeah, my sister... and well my defense is that I KNOW all the names, just not necessarily the name of the one to whom I am speaking at the current moment. :lol:

My grandfather had 30 grandchildren and called us all Charlie. At his funeral I was talking to a cousin who grew up away from the family and he said that he was sorry he never had much of a relationship with grandpa but he always knew he was loved because grandpa had a special nickname for him. I let him keep thinking he was special and didn't tell him we were all Charlie lol

I have a great-uncle like that. All his (eight) kids were George, usually when he was mad at someone. When he hollered for George everyone had to come running to line up and see which one he was mad at.

I think calling out the wrong name when calling for a kid is normal. When asked the names of your kids and declining because you have a bad memory? Problematic.

Exactly. I'm one of four kids, and my mum's frequently done the same thing, but she'd be able to name us all if asked. Probably something to be said for not having more kids than you can count on one hand!

I think we can all agree that everyone has trouble putting names to faces sometimes - our brains just don't work that fast. But not being able to name all your children? That's awful.

After the debacle they went through with a name for Michal/Michael/Michaela/Michaella, I'm not the slightest bit surprised that Kelly couldn't name all her kids.

That's not a fundie problem. It's a parent problem. I do it all the time (have four). I've witnessed others doing this, too. It's a casualty of parental brain fog (and the more a parent has to multi-task with active kids, the worse it is, no doubt.)

Totally not really even the same thing at all, but I've been a nanny for 10 years, and I can't guarantee I'll remember all the children's names right off the top of my head. I've been a full time nanny for 12 kids from 8 different families. I had the number saved on my resume, but when I went back and tried to remember all the kids, I failed. I forgot two of them; and, when I did finally remember them, I mixed one of their names up with a different set of twins I only took care of occasionally.

Yes, it's not the same as birthing them and living with them every day, but I still only named 10 out of the 12 kids I think about on a regular basis, and whom were among my first kids.

Totally not really even the same thing at all, but I've been a nanny for 10 years, and I can't guarantee I'll remember all the children's names right off the top of my head. I've been a full time nanny for 12 kids from 8 different families. I had the number saved on my resume, but when I went back and tried to remember all the kids, I failed. I forgot two of them; and, when I did finally remember them, I mixed one of their names up with a different set of twins I only took care of occasionally.

Yes, it's not the same as birthing them and living with them every day, but I still only named 10 out of the 12 kids I think about on a regular basis, and whom were among my first kids.

Yeah not the same thing.

Yeah not the same thing.

My point is that she has 19 kids, and she's only human. Not to mention, it's very possible that she has something like dysnomia, which makes it hard for her to recall names. We know VERY little about the family outside of what they've told us. It wouldn't be hard for her to hide something like that, whether it was purposefully hidden or not.

My point is that she has 19 kids, and she's only human. Not to mention, it's very possible that she has something like dysnomia, which makes it hard for her to recall names. We know VERY little about the family outside of what they've told us. It wouldn't be hard for her to hide something like that, whether it was purposefully hidden or not.

I'm not about to start assigning potential conditions to explain away someone's inability to remember the names of all their kids, when the only evidence is someone not remembering all her kids' names. If you can learn to rattle off the alphabet, you can learn to rattle off your kids' names. Everyone calls people by the wrong name sometimes, but when your business if your family, you should at least me able to quickly spit the names out in order.

I am totally shitty at names. There are people I have known for years that I sit in a meeting with and blank on their names. It is a well known thing we all laugh about at work. You are trying to think of a specific child's name? Reasonable blanking.

Being asked your children's names and not even attempting it? Yeah she sucks. But I already thought this.

By the time I stopped playing with dolls I had 25. I could name all of them. I confess that four were named Jane, Jean, Joan and June...

My mother frequently called me Car-Ra-A-Julie.

I have several times called my younger son by my sister's name and vice versa. In my defence, they have the same number of syllables and both start Vowel-l-i

We named our dog Autumn because that's a human name. Not to mention her middle name makes her have the same initials as us. We did it just to mess my parents up.

I get my Husband's name confused with my son's and step son's drives. All 3 have names that start with the letter D (actually they all have the same initials) so I normally just rattle down the list and end it dammit. Then again, my father in law can't remember them either. I think they are used to it by now.

By the time I stopped playing with dolls I had 25. I could name all of them. I confess that four were named Jane, Jean, Joan and June...

My mother frequently called me Car-Ra-A-Julie.

I have several times called my younger son by my sister's name and vice versa. In my defence, they have the same number of syllables and both start Vowel-l-i

My sister and our dad both call my niece by my name. They don't start with the same letter or have the same number of syllables. Nope -- the reason they're constantly calling her my name is because she ACTS JUST LIKE ME! I get immense glee from that given what a butt my sister was to me when we were growing up. :dance: :lol: :dance:

(My niece is actually pretty cool, and my sister loves her to bits. But she still acts like me, so :nenner: ).

I am totally shitty at names. There are people I have known for years that I sit in a meeting with and blank on their names. It is a well known thing we all laugh about at work. You are trying to think of a specific child's name? Reasonable blanking.

Being asked your children's names and not even attempting it? Yeah she sucks. But I already thought this.

Prosopagnosia is a real thing, where you can recognize a face, but not a name. Mine is bad enough that I always tell people, when I first meet, them, so they don't think I'm being rude, or that they aren't important, when I have to ask many times over many months.

Not the same as rotely memorizing the names of your kids. Even kids can learn to spit out the spelling ti antidisestablishmentarianism. Interrupt a kid, and he may have to start over, but they can get a running start and get through it. Why doesn't Kelly learn to roll her kids' names out? I'm sure she can remember stuff that's important, like made-up details of prop measures, but her kids? They're a dime a dozen

Why doesn't Kelly learn to roll her kids' names out? I'm sure she can remember stuff that's important, like made-up details of prop measures, but her kids? They're a dime a dozen

Because clearly she doesn't think her kids are that important. Gift from God, my left foot!

I've only ever had cats(and no more than two at any one time)and I've still called them by the wrong names. Now I'm down to one(having had to put down my older one in February), and sometimes I call China "Pumpkin." And once or twice I've even called her "Mittens"(my first cat's name), and she's been gone since 2008.

I've only ever had cats(and no more than two at any one time)and I've still called them by the wrong names. Now I'm down to one(having had to put down my older one in February), and sometimes I call China "Pumpkin." And once or twice I've even called her "Mittens"(my first cat's name), and she's been gone since 2008.

:( at Mittens and Pumpkin!

Does China look at you with her inscrutable green eyes so you can't tell if she's smiling fondly or thinking "Bloody humans STILL can't remember my name."?

Actually, she looks at me with her blue eyes like, "Who you calling Pumpkin/Mittens?" :mrgreen:

Look, I'm crappy at names too. I'm always that person looking for a subtle way to get someone's name again or hoping someone new will come over so the introductions have to happen and I can catch the name again. I'm always running into people I went to Uni with around town and am like 'Hi.........(oh crap what is this person's name)' because I remember the person/face but not the name.

But I'm sorry, there is no excuse for not being able to rattle off your kids names. If you can't remember 19 names, how do you be a god damn parent to 19? Stop breeding.

Archived