IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures in Child Neglect - "Gayby" is Born!

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's interesting that she mentions getting comments about the use of the word "gayby." I thought she was pretty much immune to criticism.

Glad to see she is back. I do have to say though that I am more leghumper than snarker though. she looks pretty. :)

I go back and forth on how I feel about Lauren. I'm neither a leghumper nor a hater and while I think she's been horribly neglectful many times (to the point that it's put her kids in danger) and childishly stubborn, I don't think it comes from a place of meanness or willful abuse. IMO she's very much a follower not a leader, and now with David gone, she's left alone to cope and she's drifting. She also strikes me as being desperate to be liked and that's where her attention-seeking ways originate. So she goes to extremes, following the Christian hardline and even rejecting her own father to following David blindly and throwing herself into the counter-culture to allowing her daughters free reign over almost everything to giving away a child in "love" after having her son taken from her in the worst possible way. Despite what she says, I don't think she's healed at all from the loss of her child and her husband, but if she's found a place to put down roots, that's a good start. She makes me sad, most of the time and I feel like a mean girl for snarking. I do hope she and her girls find peace.

saying that, we don't know for sure she's put down roots. Her instagram about the foldable canoe still references a travelling lifestyle...

The picture on FB is the Gifted Gypsy with the hammock strapped behind her shoulder. She hasn't found enough of a base that she's even stored the hammock yet.

In Lauren-speak authentic doesn't mean authentic, it means conforming to her exact ideas of what she thinks you should be like, which she hopes are exactly the same as the rules for being a hippy. For Lauren, following the rules to the letter is of utmost importance.

Even better if the rules are born out of her own sparkling imagination.

Archived