IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures in Child Neglect - "Gayby" is Born!

My sister (who is unaware of my interest in the Sparkling One) liked the post. Hellenna liked one of my sister's Facebook posts today. This is all getting way too close to home. (My sister is a slightly less nutty member of Lauren and Hellena's society btw).

I hope the baby is well and that the men adjust well to fatherhood, especially the bio dad who was reportedly ambivalent about parenthood.

And I hope that Lauren and the girls are happy and healthy and that if Lauren's usual post natal depression hits that either the Dads support her and care for her daughters (the siblings of their new son) or that Lauren makes it home and into the vicinity of supportive people before she sinks too deep.

I wish them all the best. I suspect that Lauren will find leaving her second infant son behind and coming home with aching breasts and empty arms way too much to deal with though. Anyone would.

I'm thinking she'll probably stay there to breastfeed for a while. I don't know if that will make things easier for her or if the bonding involved will make leaving baby harder.

And I hope those girls are being absolutely showered with love and can deal with losing another brother.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NOT to sound all prudish and conservative and whatnot . . . but were the dads actually in the birthing tub? Does that strike anyone else as a little eww? And why does the one dad have his shirt off?

It sort of looks to me like they are trying to recreate the photo-ops that accompany a more "traditional" birthing situation, and the one dad is taking the place of the woman.

It's not really that big of a deal, and I definitely don't want to sound homophobic, and I'm sure welcoming a child into your life is very emotional and stirring. but it just strikes me as a little odd. Sorry in advance for offending anyone.

He probably caught the baby. But a midwife does it out of the poop stew, so would I.

Shirt off is for skin to skin, very good for babies.

Beautiful baby, and I love the pics with the dads. I wish them the best...hope this experience helps them in the maturity department. At any rate I think the baby is better off with the dads who seem to have a more grounded lifestyle.

I really hope that this is a healing experience for Lauren, but as everyone else has noted I have my doubts. Even if it is healing for her, I'm not so sure the girls are old enough to process this in a healthy way.

Lauren has always had severe PPD and frankly I think she had PPP after Elijah, if not Lana as well. She will have it again, and it will be far worse than its been in the past.

I have no sympathy for her, frankly. She did this deliberately to herself and all of those children.

What I don't know is how well Icelandic law will allow those fathers to protect their son when it comes, not who will be there to protect those girls without David there to catch them when Lauren crashes this time. The next year will be very dangerous for those girls and only time will tell if Lauren can get through what is coming to be able to provide what those girls need now.

I'm hoping that the kids are young enough, mostly, that the baby wasn't "real" enough for them to get attached to. I had a baby this year and if I had said "Well, sons, I decided not to bring the baby home" my two young children probably would've been like "Oh. Okay!" The baby wasn't a real thing for them until it was living outside the womb in our house.

I think when the girls will be the most truly hurt is when they are older. When they are teens and adults and start to womder about their brother in I eland. Then there will be the questioning of Lauren.

He probably caught the baby. But a midwife does it out of the poop stew, so would I.

Shirt off is for skin to skin, very good for babies.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder where the girls where during the labor/delivery?

Summiting an Icelandic volcano in their bare feet, no doubt.

I'm hoping that the kids are young enough, mostly, that the baby wasn't "real" enough for them to get attached to. I had a baby this year and if I had said "Well, sons, I decided not to bring the baby home" my two young children probably would've been like "Oh. Okay!" The baby wasn't a real thing for them until it was living outside the womb in our house.

I think when the girls will be the most truly hurt is when they are older. When they are teens and adults and start to womder about their brother in I eland. Then there will be the questioning of Lauren.

I'm comforted somewhat that since the interent is "forever" - at least, Lauren's daughters will be easily able to find their brother later in life should they chose. Because I have no doubts that the dads will drop Lauren like a hot potato now that they have what they want....

Wow, not much in the fawning about the martyrdom.

Can't wait to hear her point of view. Also, can't wait to see how quickly they kick her out now that they got what they wanted. I am glad there were no medical issues (I hope?) but the worst may be yet to come. PPD is no joke.

I feel so bad for Lauren's daughter. Must be horrible, loosing one brother, yet having/loosing the other. I wish hapiness to all the children involved in this surrogacy - the baby and the girls.

Icelandic names don't work like most Western names. They don't have family names. Instead everyone is [First Name] [Father's first name]'s son/daughter. (Matronymic names are also possible, but uncommon. Some people also have inherited surnames, but again, AFAIK it's not common.)

So Ben's dad's name is "Randall" which makes Ben "Ben Randall's son".

That's what I figured -- I was sort of typing as my thoughts progressed in that post. :D I didn't know details about Icelandic name traditions, but it seemed logical -- thanks for the further info. I did find someone named Randal (one L, as it is in Ben's new last name) and Ben's original last name -- a lawyer in Texas.

Idolatry, too right PPD is no joke. It could kill all five of them.

That's what I figured -- I was sort of typing as my thoughts progressed in that post. :D I didn't know details about Icelandic name traditions, but it seemed logical -- thanks for the further info. I did find someone named Randal (one L, as it is in Ben's new last name) and Ben's original last name -- a lawyer in Texas.

His father's a baptist minister in Richmond VA, according to the vast vast amounts of personal info he posts on public websites (not even facebook).

His father's a baptist minister in Richmond VA, according to the vast vast amounts of personal info he posts on public websites (not even facebook).

Thanks -- I had only nosed around the opening of the rabbit hole of Ben's online life.

There's nothing wrong with the birth pics. Looks like one of the dads was in the tub to catch the baby, and skin to skin is good for n00bs, as somebody else said. You don't know what other pics there are, and if there's legalities involved with surrogacy, then of course they are going to post minimal pics and info regarding Lauren.

So Lauren is now posting on a site called tsu that you have to register for (per her FB post). Anyone know anything about that site? In the comments it sounds like she gets some ad revenue from it that she wouldn't get on FB, but I'm not sure why she wouldn't just post to her blog (can't remember if she has ads on her blog).

So Lauren is now posting on a site called tsu that you have to register for (per her FB post). Anyone know anything about that site? In the comments it sounds like she gets some ad revenue from it that she wouldn't get on FB, but I'm not sure why she wouldn't just post to her blog (can't remember if she has ads on her blog).

Interesting. She probably really needs money. She doesn't have ads on her blog.

Beautiful baby, and I love the pics with the dads. I wish them the best...hope this experience helps them in the maturity department. At any rate I think the baby is better off with the dads who seem to have a more grounded lifestyle.

I really hope that this is a healing experience for Lauren, but as everyone else has noted I have my doubts. Even if it is healing for her, I'm not so sure the girls are old enough to process this in a healthy way.

i agree with the bit about the baby being better off with his two dads, but there is no way in hell this experience will be healing for Lauren. i lost my infant son about six months after Elijah died, and quite honestly, i don't think anyone who has held their child's lifeless body in their arms ever truly heals. how could you? Lauren hasn't even allowed herself (or her girls) to grieve her first son's loss. there's no way she's emotionally prepared for what basically amounts to losing a second son. i have no doubt that this is going be the very opposite of healing for her...giving up this baby is only going to exacerbate the fuckedupedness that pervades her life.

Daniel's getting the best deal in all of this...it's those four lost girls who i worry about. i wish someone stable and loving would come into their lives and put them and their needs first.

I don't think the gold stars or the gayby have seen the last of Lauren. Make no mistake SHE got the best deal of this, even though she totally isn't getting paid. I can't wait to hear her point of view about how brave and loving she is.

Gayby could get an Australian passport out of this, which would be cool, I guess. Maybe an American one too based on non-bio dad? This is assuming all of them won't go to prison for breaking Iceland surrogacy laws, of course. That would not be very sparkling.

i agree with the bit about the baby being better off with his two dads, but there is no way in hell this experience will be healing for Lauren. i lost my infant son about six months after Elijah died, and quite honestly, i don't think anyone who has held their child's lifeless body in their arms ever truly heals. how could you? Lauren hasn't even allowed herself (or her girls) to grieve her first son's loss. there's no way she's emotionally prepared for what basically amounts to losing a second son. i have no doubt that this is going be the very opposite of healing for her...giving up this baby is only going to exacerbate the fuckedupedness that pervades her life.

Daniel's getting the best deal in all of this...it's those four lost girls who i worry about. i wish someone stable and loving would come into their lives and put them and their needs first.

Sorry for your loss Sol.

Daniel's getting the best deal in all of this...it's those four lost girls who i worry about. i wish someone stable and loving would come into their lives and put them and their needs [\quote]

I have a close friend who lost her firstborn in July and it breaks my heart seeing her grieving for her son. I wish I had the right words to express how sad I am for your loss.

To me it reads as though it has all been taking off her blog and various facebook pages and maybe not from an interview with Dreaded Sparkly one.

She'll be back in Aussie soon, as she's planning to head back to grift in Tasmania.

Archived