IGNORED

In which robert eats chips, salsa, and coffee together

jerkit

I'm sure I'll have more to say when I get through this post. But his description of drinking coffee at a mexican restaurant while eating chips and salsa made me a little queasy.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay so basically he's upset that every church is not like his church and every family is by exactly like his nuclear family.

Because Christianity apparently should be an entirely homogenous religion. Or something.

You can see it on Sunday mornings- the female preachers, single moms, lack of men & just how much the saints sound exactly like the world. You can see it even more in the things the church promotes and teaches- from the blogs (especially the blogs) to the books, to the organizations.

I know the answer is not more bitching.

fify, Robbie.

Funny how Lorken come here all hand-slappy over the language used, but they say not one word about CM's constant flow of cursing.

(Mind you, I don't actually care if he curses. But I find it really flipping hypocritical of them all ... )

Hey Robert,

If you are reading here. I am one of those single moms. Where should I spend my Sunday mornings?

My husband made his choices. He professed to be a Christian. We married in his church, because my Southern Baptist Church wasn't Godly enough for him. But he still has his own demons which make adulthood a very difficult struggle for him.

He's now my ex-husband. He is in dire need of God. What am I supposed to do in the meantime?

I'm sure you would just like to ignore me, because I'm not a "worldly" single mom. You can't condemn me - you can only look down your nose at me and hope like hell I don't come visiting at your church to befoul the air of your perfect man/woman/2.3/eleventykid families.

I wonder what Jesus would say to you and to me, if He were to settle in the visitor's chair at my office this morning or sit down to a cup of coffee at your kitchen table.

Yeah, there's a good chance I'll be one of those single moms too.

I very well may adopt kids out of foster care as a single woman. THE HORROR.

You know what Robert would say to the single mom? Jack shit. He talks a good game about all the people he doesn't like, but faced with a real person he wouldn't say anything.

I think I'd hate his church.

Ah, yes. The glorious past, free of single mothers, illegitimate children, or the dark specter of feminism.

Everyone went to church and believed all the same things Robert does! religion-online.org/showchapter.asp?title=532&C=581

Why, it was uniformly wonderful.... darkwing.uoregon.edu/~adoption/topics/babyfarming.html

NO! BEGONE, EVIL FACTS! Can't you see I'm bloviating over here?

ETA: We need a Begone, Evil Facts smiley.

Here we go again with the single mom shaming. He has no idea why these mothers are single. Maybe their husbands abandoned them. Maybe they became pregnant as the result of rape. Maybe they had an unexpected pregnancy in a relationship and chose to have the child rather than an abortion. There are dozens of reasons that a mom is single. But all his hate-filled heart sees is SINNER! And who cares, anyway, why they are single?! They are at church! Why in the world would he look at anybody that is attending church and consider them part of the problem with the church?!?

I was raised by a single mom and I've shared before how people like Robert and Klorien shamed my mother right out of church. Thanks to people like Robert, who blame single moms for the downfall of the church, four kids grew up without the influence of the church they claim is so full of compassion and love.

I don't know why I'm always surprised at the level of hatred in these "godly" people.

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Maybe it was even a perfect situation but the husband died unexpectedly.

A bunch of single moms at church - is this some indicator of a cancer in our society? And what cancer might that be?

There are three single moms at my church. All three of us married men who were churched and then chose to be douchebags, and part of that process was walking away from church as well as wife and children.

You guys, stop being UNGODLY DETRACTORS . 98.7426% of single mothers CHOOSE to be single mothers.

And they CHOOSE to be single mothers because they are IN REBELLION against their perfect, Christ-like husbands.

Sooooooooooo it is wrong to have an abortion, but also wrong for a single woman to remain pregnant and raise the baby? All of this stuff about single mothers is why some women choose abortion, so Robert, you are part of the problem.

Robert needs to stop thinking the worst of people. Most single mothers are not single because they got pregnant from casual sex. What if their partner walked out on them because they got pregnant and wouldn't abort? What if they were widowed? What if they were raped? What if they left an abusive husband who tried to kill them, or was molesting their kids or something? What if their husband was the problem in their relationship and left her for another person? There are many ways to be a single parent. Im a single parent-I ended up as the guardian of four kids as a single woman in my twenties after a death in the family.

And even if said single mother did get pregnant from a drunken one night stand with a guy whose name she does not know......who the hell cares as long as she is looking after the child and making sure their needs are met.

I'm sure I'll have more to say when I get through this post. But his description of drinking coffee at a mexican restaurant while eating chips and salsa made me a little queasy.

Given how many times I have breakfast tacos with coffee, and yes, even have had people bring me chips and salsa while I waited for a mid morning breakfast, this didn't bother me a bit. I do a lot of work in South Texas and across the state, and know a lot of people who drink coffee with their Mexican food, including chips.

His theology makes me queasy, but food choices are every man for himself.....

And remember there is always this 6892877269_0fda62592d_z.jpg

Mexican and coffee are two of my favorite foods ever. But for some reason, I am repulsed by them together.

Don't get me wrong, Robert's passive aggressive jab at single mothers is more repulsive.

Sooooooooooo it is wrong to have an abortion, but also wrong for a single woman to remain pregnant and raise the baby? All of this stuff about single mothers is why some women choose abortion, so Robert, you are part of the problem.

Robert needs to stop thinking the worst of people. Most single mothers are not single because they got pregnant from casual sex. What if their partner walked out on them because they got pregnant and wouldn't abort? What if they were widowed? What if they were raped? What if they left an abusive husband who tried to kill them, or was molesting their kids or something? What if their husband was the problem in their relationship and left her for another person? There are many ways to be a single parent. Im a single parent-I ended up as the guardian of four kids as a single woman in my twenties after a death in the family.

And even if said single mother did get pregnant from a drunken one night stand with a guy whose name she does not know......who the hell cares as long as she is looking after the child and making sure their needs are met.

Truth.

Just because a woman is a single mom doesn't mean she's an EBIL SLOOTY SLOOT SLOOT.

Just because a person doesn't "appear" to fit Boobert's someone's ideal of how they "should" be doesn't make them a bad person.

And this is where Boobert goes all kinds of wrong.

In Aman's world view, a single mother is one who either slept around and got herself knocked up OR allowed the evil feminist agenda to convince her to get a divorce, either because she chose to leave her husband for her own selfish ways or she drove her husband away by not being submissive enough.

It is no doubt always the woman's fault in the divorce, just ask him.

I think if we could resurrect saints from 50, 100, 200 or more years and they were to look at the church we’d be shocked to hear what they have to say about us. Even more so if we could get a report from a Carpenter who was resurrected and has seen the church from the beginning.

Robert, I think you'd be shocked to hear their disappointment not because of "the female preachers, single moms, lack of men & just how much the saints look exactly like the world," but because of how much people like you judge them. Did Jesus has any sort of litmus test people had to pass to be worth of love? Do you even care that you precious Lori is a preacher in her own way, that many single moms are widows or have fled abuse, and that very few employers allow people to take off Sunday to go to work, and no, taking off Sunday isn't protected under religious freedoms? If we were to be church-goers, my husband would have to choose between his job that he works to provide for his family, or church. So do many other men. That's the reality of it.

I know that in my own life I have sin, selfishness and can better represent Christ, both to my family and to the world.

I can have more patience with my family. I can spend more time teaching my son. I can better protect my family from evil. I can help my neighbor more. I can give more to those in need. I can open my mouth to those that need to hear the gospel without hesitation. I can fight for those who cannot fight for themselves. I can study more so I am more mature. I can pray for those who need it. And I can be a man that keeps my oath even when it hurts.

Yet there is a very loud and notable lack of you saying you will do those things You can, but you won't.

Well, thank goodness Robert locked Amanda in that shed way back when; otherwise, she might have escaped an abusive marriage and become one of those godless single mothers. Good ole' Robert - always looking out for the salvation and well being of others.

How does nearly every single fundie seem to skip the part where their precious Jesus sat down with all the sinners and treated them all equally? And why do they all claim to be sinners, yet feel like others' sins are always SO MUCH WORSE?

I know people mean well when they try to give examples for why a woman is a single mom (widowed, abusive ex, rape), but it's not doing anyone any favors. Just like when abortion is excused by rape or whatever to make it more palatable to the right. No one should ever have to justify their life decisions to Robert or anyone else. I can't seem to put into words why this leaves such a bad taste in my mouth when it happens here. Maybe because it feels like it cheapens the experience of a woman who divorced because she fell out of love, or a woman who aborted simply because she didn't want a baby at that particular time. These reasons are just as valid as any other and we need to be impressing that on people instead of trying to give them a gotchya! type of moment.

Here we go again with the single mom shaming.

Part of me wonders if his seeming obsession with harping on single moms isn't to remind Amanda how hard she would have it if she would come to her senses again and decide to follow through with her original plan.

Part of me wonders if his seeming obsession with harping on single moms isn't to remind Amanda how hard she would have it if she would come to her senses again and decide to follow through with her original plan.

He does seem to consider anything that would allow Amanda to dump his ass and run to be Ultimate America-Destroyin' Evil.

I think if we could resurrect saints from 50, 100, 200 or more years and they were to look at the church we’d be shocked to hear what they have to say about us. Even more so if we could get a report from a Carpenter who was resurrected and has seen the church from the beginning.

I'm on the top of the world looking down on creation and the only explanation I can find....

Men like Robert find single mothers incredibly threatening- especially if they appear to be doing a good job. If your whole existence is predicated on your role as sole provider and protector of the weaker sex, then the presence of successful single mothers calls your whole existence into question. In the past social taboos effectively kept single mothers from succeeding. As these taboos have been eroded- single mothers in church!!!- the role of men has had to change. Obviously women are capable of heading up families. For most men this isn't an issue. They have no problem being equal partners with women, but for Robert, whose self-esteem is wholly dependent on having his wife look up to him as a demi-god, the change in society is disastrous.

Archived