IGNORED

Updated but still out of date Schedule

grandmadugger

I know we've talked about the jobs for the kids etc. It's outdated since Jill and Jessa still appear on it. Well I hope they don't have to come home to do their jobs on the sheet. I'm pretty sure Jessa's last thing is supper but from the angle and the flash it almost looks like stripper.

19-kids-home-schedule.jpg

I see that they have Jessa doing the cooking. Why is it that they do, yet on the show, her attempts of cooking look like she should not be using the oven unsupervised. Do they just have to choke it down and hope they don't die of food poisoning, or did TLC deliberately want to make Jessa look like she fails at doing things fundie girls are supposed to be able to do in their sleep.

Why doesn't John David have a jurisdiction? The other boys do.

Also do they not have a specific school time, and where is their free time? It seems that everything that is not meals or Bible time, they have a whole bunch of chores and school work to do.

Also Duggars, don't put science, put "science" as nothing ATI does for science could be remotely described as scientific.

Haha, does anyone know roughly what would be included in that science curriculum?

Also, does that say bible copy? What would that entail? Copying bible passages down? I'm curious how that relates to study, other than the ability to recall passages.

Well, Josie isn't even on this, so the list is at least 4-5 years old. I think the time where it says Checklists, are chore times and also school times. The instructions says that each kid has their own checklist which includes the following. So the ones that can read probably get a separate sheet that they need to complete each day.

Clearly the kids have free time as we see them running amok, quite often and playing. Hopefully the checklists are age appropriate and the younger ones have few things listed, etc.

Also, they always claim they are not early risers, yet according to this, their day starts at 7:30. My take on this is this was put out as an example of how they structure the day, but not exactly how it is every day.

Who cooks breakfast? And I notice that M's name is no where on the list. She has the house work and cooking covered by the kids, the laundry by G-ma Duggar. Maybe she helps the younger ones with their checklists?

Maybe JD's name isn't on there because working outside is always his full time gig. Joseph also has outdoor work on his list.

Out of curiosity, how much land do they have around the TTH?

Well, Josie isn't even on this, so the list is at least 4-5 years old. I think the time where it says Checklists, are chore times and also school times. The instructions says that each kid has their own checklist which includes the following. So the ones that can read probably get a separate sheet that they need to complete each day.

Clearly the kids have free time as we see them running amok, quite often and playing. Hopefully the checklists are age appropriate and the younger ones have few things listed, etc.

Also, they always claim they are not early risers, yet according to this, their day starts at 7:30. My take on this is this was put out as an example of how they structure the day, but not exactly how it is every day.

Who cooks breakfast? And I notice that M's name is no where on the list. She has the house work and cooking covered by the kids, the laundry by G-ma Duggar. Maybe she helps the younger ones with their checklists?

Maybe JD's name isn't on there because working outside is always his full time gig. Joseph also has outdoor work on his list.

Out of curiosity, how much land do they have around the TTH?

I would hope a toddler wouldn't be on the chore list. What was Josie supposed to do before she could walk? I would guess she's just now starting school work and getting chores.

Maybe they don't cook breakfast or it's a whatever you can grab kind of breakfast. My parents never put breakfast on the table during the week, we might have had a family breakfast on the weekend. If you wanted breakfast there was stuff in the kitchen grab it and go on about your day.

They have 20 acres of land. I suspect that JD isn't included because he no longer lives at home.

I would hope a toddler wouldn't be on the chore list. What was Josie supposed to do before she could walk? I would guess she's just now starting school work and getting chores.

Maybe they don't cook breakfast or it's a whatever you can grab kind of breakfast. My parents never put breakfast on the table during the week, we might have had a family breakfast on the weekend. If you wanted breakfast there was stuff in the kitchen grab it and go on about your day.

They have 20 acres of land. I suspect that JD isn't included because he no longer lives at home.

Uhm, I wasn't implying that Josie would have chores, but when you fully read the list, you can see that some of the older kids are assigned to help Jordyn and Jenny with getting dressed or whatever. Since Josie wasn't on that list, I would assume that she was A. not yet born, or B. Born but still fully in Michele's care because of being too fragile to be mixed in with the rest of the kids.

Since Josie is now 4 years old, my guess would be that chore list is from around 4 years ago, give or take, but obviously after Jordyn was born, but before Josie was fully integrated into the rest of the family.

And do we have confirmation that JD doesn't live in the house? I asked that in another thread, but can't find it now. I don't think he lives there either, but I don't know if it has been confirmed or mentioned on the show. So who is his accountability partner where he lives? Does Joseph also not live in the house?

Plus naps for Jenny and Jordyn. Jenny is 7. Do 7 year olds take naps? These lists are old, yet Jessa still has not learned how to cook, despite years of practice for a family with 20+ members?

Just more bullshit.

I know we've talked about the jobs for the kids etc. It's outdated since Jill and Jessa still appear on it. Well I hope they don't have to come home to do their jobs on the sheet. I'm pretty sure Jessa's last thing is supper but from the angle and the flash it almost looks like stripper.

19-kids-home-schedule.jpg

I am GLAD to see that cleaning MeeeChelle & DimBobs's room is no loner on the list...maybe they've learned to clean their own room after all these years? Soooo wrong for kids to regularly clean their parents' bedroom.

I am SAD to see typical SODRT apostrophe mistakes on the list. Should be girls' room and boys' room. :angry-banghead:

Their breakfasts are total crap--that's why the kids hoard donuts and fruit when they do tv appearances. When they lived in Little Rock they had a "breakfast table" that was always set up. It had bags of cereal, plastic spoons, and styrofoam bowls. There's an early episode around one of Joy's birthdays (maybe the rock climbing wall in flip flops/jean skirt birthday) where Joy talks about her daily routine and what she likes to eat for breakfast. It was literally ramen noodles dipped in room temperature water. Disgusting.

Their breakfasts are total crap--that's why the kids hoard donuts and fruit when they do tv appearances. When they lived in Little Rock they had a "breakfast table" that was always set up. It had bags of cereal, plastic spoons, and styrofoam bowls. There's an early episode around one of Joy's birthdays (maybe the rock climbing wall in flip flops/jean skirt birthday) where Joy talks about her daily routine and what she likes to eat for breakfast. It was literally ramen noodles dipped in room temperature water. Disgusting.

Ewwwwwwww.

Soooo I am guessing that on some meals they all scavenge for food. We have even see them do that, Jordyn once ended up with an empty ice cream cone and they all thought it was so funny and not shameful for not feeding their kid (she was only about 4 at the time too, there is no way she could have gotten herself anything else as she cannot use the oven, reach much or use a knife. Even making herself a sandwich unsupervised might have been beyond her ability then).

I am curious as to why they would have made comments and joked about Jessa having limited cooking skills and needing to learn to cook for Ben yet she is assigned to dinner for her chore.

Regarding Jessa's cooking- we have never seen her really cook. Just burn things like heat and eat rolls. Hope Ben likes HungryMan dinners.

Regarding Jessa's cooking- we have never seen her really cook. Just burn things like heat and eat rolls. Hope Ben likes HungryMan dinners.

I think this schedule confirms the FJ theory that her incompetence in the kitchen was a TLC storyline. Michelle and Jim Bob are unlikely to eat burnt rolls every night when they can just get another J'Slave to cook for them, and if they did put up with it eventually she'd have improved.

I can see why TLC would run such a storyline, too. They presented Jill and Derick as this mature Christian couple who are SO ready for marriage/babies. Like the rest of the world, however, they no doubt realised that Bin was NOT mature enough for marriage or fatherhood. Moreover, they didn't want next season to be a repeat of this one, so they needed to distinguish Bin/Jessa from Jill/Derick. The obvious solution is to play up Bin/Jessa's immaturity and lack of preparedness for marriage.

Uhm, I wasn't implying that Josie would have chores, but when you fully read the list, you can see that some of the older kids are assigned to help Jordyn and Jenny with getting dressed or whatever. Since Josie wasn't on that list, I would assume that she was A. not yet born, or B. Born but still fully in Michele's care because of being too fragile to be mixed in with the rest of the kids.

Since Josie is now 4 years old, my guess would be that chore list is from around 4 years ago, give or take, but obviously after Jordyn was born, but before Josie was fully integrated into the rest of the family.

And do we have confirmation that JD doesn't live in the house? I asked that in another thread, but can't find it now. I don't think he lives there either, but I don't know if it has been confirmed or mentioned on the show. So who is his accountability partner where he lives? Does Joseph also not live in the house?

There's no confirmation that JD doesn't live in the house other than we never see him. He's never in the background. He's just not around like the other kids are. Like in Jessa engagement when he flew her and Jinger it was just the interaction like maybe they hadn't seen him for a few years.

Archived