IGNORED

Happy 100th Birthday, Norman Lloyd!

PennySycamore

Actor Norman Lloyd turns 100 years old today! Some of you may know him best from Dead Poet's Society where he played the headmaster of Welton, Mr Nolan. Those of us who are older may know him as Dr Auschlander from St Elsewhere. He was one of the original Mercury Players and played the role of Fry in Alfred Hitchcock's Saboteur. TCM has been having a birthday salute to him this afternoon. It's over for those of us in the Eastern US, but you guys in the West can still catch part of it. It should be available on Watch TCM, too.

Norman's wife, actress Peggy Craven, died three years ago at the age of 98. They had been married for 75 years. Btw, Norman still plays tennis twice a week.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Lloyd

Never heard of Dead Poets Society but just googled it and will definitely have to watch it. It was my dream as a child to be sent away to school. Wonderful that he is still able to enjoy life at 100!

Never heard of Dead Poets Society but just googled it and will definitely have to watch it. It was my dream as a child to be sent away to school. Wonderful that he is still able to enjoy life at 100!

It's just wonderful! It's probably the first movie I wanted to see when I heard that Robin Williams had died followed by Good Morning, Vietnam and The World According to Garp.

It's not only got Robin and Norman Lloyd in it, but a lot of your actors that have become better known the intervening years: Ethan Hawke, Robert Sean Leonard, and Josh Charles, among them.

Archived