IGNORED

Glad Girls say earthquake was a sign from God...

Lady Elaine

because Joe Biden went to China and kinda sorta agreed with their "one child only" policy. :roll: I'm sure this is a common opinion among fundies - maybe not because of the China thing but just because they think the gov't is corrupt. The Glad Girls are big time pro-lifers.

gladblog.gladheartacres.com/?p=2443

Is it true that the earthquake was centered directly under the white house?

No, the epicenter was near Charlottesville VA, a good 90 miles from DC. Where do fundies get there info, do they just make it up? Which leads me to my second question, where did they get that "quote" from Biden?

There's a comment of "oh I hadn't heard about the earthquake!" How? Seriously, how? I can't NOT hear about it.

Your =/= you're.

Yeah, failbook had a post about all the "the earthquake was a message from God for Obama/Washington DC" The general consensus in the comments was "You'd think God would have better aim".

And yeah, like Swamptribe said, earthquakes are not uncommon. I live on the west coast of Canada, I think our average is about 100 earthquakes a month. Mostly too small to feel, but big enough to record.

The earthquake was a Big Deal only because it's so uncommon in this area. It's definitely something I'll remember but it wasn't actually serious. We'll have much more damage from hurricane Irene this weekend than we had from the earthquake. So if it's a warning from God, he must be pretty apathetic about it. No deaths or serious injuries and only minor property damage? Oh, I'm so scared!

Why can God not just appear and tell people stuff? Why does he, according to fundies, need to communicate by a series of cryptic acts? If you knew someone like that in real life, you'd be considering mental health intervention.

Why can God not just appear and tell people stuff? Why does he, according to fundies, need to communicate by a series of cryptic acts? If you knew someone like that in real life, you'd be considering mental health intervention.

I seem to remember that we were told god wants us to believe in him, and if we actually knew we existed, we wouldn't have to believe, we'd know for sure. Considering this, god sounds seriously neurotic. :-)

God is mad at God :(

Nah, God is mad at all the stupid people doing stupid things and then saying it's because he told them to...he's trying to get their attention, but they're too busy filling their quivers and shouting "Nike!' and "Eye Trap!" :lol:

If this is their opinion of the VA earthquake, I shudder to think of their opinion on the Japan earthquake.

I was in downtown DC when the earthquake hit, we were having a meeting and I may to report there for work for a month. I've tried telling my boss that last time I went there, there was an earthquake, and now you want to send me back?! :) Didn't work. :x

Seriously - he can create the world, part the sea, raise the dead... create eruptions/hurricanes/earthquakes as part of the world but cant give us a better idea of when its just the earth doing its earthly planetary thing vs. HEY FUCKERS PAY ATTENTION LEST I SMITE THEE???

Archived